Apple Leisure Group to open new AMResorts hotel in Cancun
AMResorts has signed an agreement to take over the existing Grand Oasis Viva and turn it into the Dreams Sands Cancun Resort and Spa. This will be the group's 12th property under the Dreams Resorts and Spas brand and the hotel will undergo extensive renovations over the next few months to meet the Unlimited-Luxury standards.
AMResorts, a subsidiary of the Apple Leisure Group, has announced that it will be expanding its portfolio in Mexico when it takes over the existing Grand Oasis Viva.
The hotel group has signed an agreement to turn the Oasis property into Dreams Sands Cancun Resort and Spa.
This will be the 12th property under the Dreams Resorts and Spas brand and once the hotel has undergone extensive renovations and upgrades to meet the "Unlimited-Luxury" standards, it will officially be rebranded as an AMResorts property in September, 2014. Alejandro Zozaya, the CEO for Apple Leisure Group, explained:
"Apple Leisure Group has strong distribution in Cancun, and an equally robust performance track record to match. Client loyalty and demand, and owner confidence, continues to fuel the growth of the AMResorts portfolio in today's competitive hospitality industry."
Dreams Sands Cancun Resort and Spa will be located in the southern end of the bustling "Hotel Zone" in Cancun next to a 650-foot tretch of white sandy beach.
The family-friendly hotel will have 441 guest rooms and suites, all with ocean views, and an array of upscale facilities including eight gourmet restaurants and six bars and lounges; the Explorer's Club for younger guests with a variety of supervised activities and programmes; two swimming pools, fitness centre and daily activities centre; modern business and meeting facilities; and the Dreams Spa by Pevonia which will offer pampering indigenous and hydrotherapy treatments.
Gonzalo del Peon, the President of AMResorts, commented:
"Dreams Sands Cancun demonstrates the brand's commitment to offering guests a unique, luxury vacation experience in highly desirable destinations. Dreams Resorts and Spas continues to look for new opportunities to continue exceeding our guests' expectations."
Cancun is located in the Quintana Roo state on the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico and the region is home to breathtaking scenery such as lush tropical forests, ancient Mayan temples, pristine white sand beaches, and sparkling azure Caribbean waters that are teeming with colourful marine species.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
The resort benefits from the privacy of a resort community creating an all-inclusive adults only oasis while still being close to the Cancun bars, shops and nightlife
- Sample gourmet cuisine from all over the world in nine Ã la carte restaurants
- An all-inclusive adults only oasis located on an untouched peninsula
- Located between the Caribbean sea and a wetlands reserve while still being close enough to lively Cancun
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Indulge in a true adults-only (over 21), urban experience at Oh! where you can take advantage of the hotel’s enviable...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...