Dominican Republic President officially opens Sheraton Santo Domingo
The Sheraton Santo Domingo hotel officially reopened last week after undergoing multi-million dollar refurbishments. The President of the Dominican Republic President, Danilo Medina, cut the ribbon to launch the upgraded 255-room hotel in the Colonial Zone, following its soft launch opening in March this year.
Three months after its soft opening, the Sheraton Santo Domingo hotel officially celebrated its reopening with a ribbon cutting last week.
The President of the Dominican Republic, Danilo Medina, inaugurated the property, which recently underwent an extensive $12 million refurbishment programme.
Located in the country's capital, Santo Domingo, the 255-rooms property is owned and operated by Hoteles Nacionales and the renovations were a joint venture between Hoteles Nacionales and Starwood Hotels and Resorts.
The Sheraton hotel has 255 guest rooms and suites, including a Club Rooms section with the Sheraton Club Lounge where guests will have access to complimentary breakfast, evening hors d'oeuvres and a variety of drinks. All guest rooms feature modern amenities such as iPod docking stations, 42-inch LCD televisions, wireless internet and air conditioning.
The hotel's facilities include an outdoor swimming pool; the Sheraton Fitness centre with modern workout room, steam rooms, massage facility, and sauna; a casino; and a variety of events and meeting rooms including a ballroom and 13 functions rooms.
Dining options include the signature Cafe Casabe restaurant with traditional Dominican dishes and international culinary delights, and the Link Cafe that serves drinks and snacks. The hotel also has a cigar and port bar.
Situated in the Colonial Zone of Santo Domingo on the Avenida George Washington waterfront, guests staying at the Sheraton hotel can enjoy easy access to historical sites and attractions. The district boasts exquisite examples of 15th and 16th century architecture, beautiful churches, cathedrals and convents including the Iglesia Regina Angelorum and the Convento de los Dominicos; and museums such as Alcazar de Colon, Museum of Duarte and the Museo del Ron Dominicano which turns into a rum bar after hours.
Holidaymakers can head to popular Dominican Republic tourist attractions such as Columbus's Lighthouse, where the famous explorer's remains are buried; the open caves of the Parque Nacional Los Tres Ojos; and the National Aquarium.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Enjoy luxury with a 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
This all inclusive resort provides luxurious holidaying at its very best with a true Dominican flavour
- Boasting a wonderful location, immaculate tropical gardens, and a stunning stretch of beach
- A choice of six specialty restaurants featuring Mexican, Oriental, Steak House and more
- Honeymoon couples receive a bottle of champagne, fruit basket and a romantic dinner
From the allure of the beach to the excellence of premium all-inclusive service, this is the place to make your every holiday dream an unforgettable reality
- Family friendly services including an Explorer's Club for kids and a Core Zone for teens
- De-stress at the world-class spa and select from an indulging array of treatments
- Enjoy an array of activities including watersports, golf, horse riding, organised ball games, aerobic, dance and Spanish classes and more.
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean Sea at the all-inclusive Now Larimar Punta Cana, located on the...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Enjoy the best of the Dominican Republic with a holiday at Bayahibe, a resort town choke full of attractions. Beside...
Beautifully located on the Dominican Republic´s lush southeast coast, Casa de Campo is a magnificent eco-friendly...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...