Cubanacan expands its scuba diving programme in Cuba
Cubanacan Travel Agency has expanded its scuba diving programmes in Cuba, allowing visitors to explore more underwater sites around the island. The nine to ten-day itineraries will over the west and east shores of Cuba visiting Cayo Levisa, Havana coastline, the Zapata Swamp, Santa Lucia and Marea del Portillo.
Cubanacan Travel Agency has announced the expansion of its diving programmes throughout Cuba, giving divers the chance to explore more of the Caribbean island's underwater world.
The scuba diving programmes will cover the east and west sides of the island, visiting unique underwater sites during nine to ten-day tours.
The tours will allow visitors to enjoy scuba diving adventures where they can explore of Cayo Levisa, the Havana coastline, the Zapata Swamp in the west, and the waters off the beaches in Covarrubias, Santa Lucia, and Marea del Portillo which boasts stunning coral reefs.
During the scuba diving tours, which have been designed for qualified adult divers, visitors will have the chance to dive along vertical walls, go wreck diving down to sunken ancient ships, and marvel at the beautiful sea life.
Cuba is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea and home to the world's second largest coral reef.
One of the most popular scuba diving destinations in Cuba is Jardines de la Reina, "Gardens of Queen", coral reef which is 200 kilometres long from east to west and home to an abundance of beautiful marine species such as Moray eels, groupers, crabs, lobsters, rays, turtles, barracudas, huge sea bass, sharks, colourful sponges, Black Coral and many more.
The Jardines del Rey, "Gardens of the King", archipelago features crystal clear ocean waters and an impressive barrier reef system. The turquoise waters offers superb conditions for scuba diving and visitors can experience sightings of an array of marine species including nurse sharks, stingrays, green morays, sea turtles, jewfish, Atlantic spadefish and barracuda.
Cuba is rich in wildlife both on land and in the sea, and it boasts stunning natural landscapes such as miles of white sand pristine beaches, 14 thriving national parks, six world biosphere reserves, 236 protected areas, an array of historic towns and cities, and numerous ancient ruins and sites.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...