Cubanacan expands its scuba diving programme in Cuba
Cubanacan Travel Agency has expanded its scuba diving programmes in Cuba, allowing visitors to explore more underwater sites around the island. The nine to ten-day itineraries will over the west and east shores of Cuba visiting Cayo Levisa, Havana coastline, the Zapata Swamp, Santa Lucia and Marea del Portillo.
Cubanacan Travel Agency has announced the expansion of its diving programmes throughout Cuba, giving divers the chance to explore more of the Caribbean island's underwater world.
The scuba diving programmes will cover the east and west sides of the island, visiting unique underwater sites during nine to ten-day tours.
The tours will allow visitors to enjoy scuba diving adventures where they can explore of Cayo Levisa, the Havana coastline, the Zapata Swamp in the west, and the waters off the beaches in Covarrubias, Santa Lucia, and Marea del Portillo which boasts stunning coral reefs.
During the scuba diving tours, which have been designed for qualified adult divers, visitors will have the chance to dive along vertical walls, go wreck diving down to sunken ancient ships, and marvel at the beautiful sea life.
Cuba is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea and home to the world's second largest coral reef.
One of the most popular scuba diving destinations in Cuba is Jardines de la Reina, "Gardens of Queen", coral reef which is 200 kilometres long from east to west and home to an abundance of beautiful marine species such as Moray eels, groupers, crabs, lobsters, rays, turtles, barracudas, huge sea bass, sharks, colourful sponges, Black Coral and many more.
The Jardines del Rey, "Gardens of the King", archipelago features crystal clear ocean waters and an impressive barrier reef system. The turquoise waters offers superb conditions for scuba diving and visitors can experience sightings of an array of marine species including nurse sharks, stingrays, green morays, sea turtles, jewfish, Atlantic spadefish and barracuda.
Cuba is rich in wildlife both on land and in the sea, and it boasts stunning natural landscapes such as miles of white sand pristine beaches, 14 thriving national parks, six world biosphere reserves, 236 protected areas, an array of historic towns and cities, and numerous ancient ruins and sites.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...