Cubanacan expands its scuba diving programme in Cuba
Cubanacan Travel Agency has expanded its scuba diving programmes in Cuba, allowing visitors to explore more underwater sites around the island. The nine to ten-day itineraries will over the west and east shores of Cuba visiting Cayo Levisa, Havana coastline, the Zapata Swamp, Santa Lucia and Marea del Portillo.
Cubanacan Travel Agency has announced the expansion of its diving programmes throughout Cuba, giving divers the chance to explore more of the Caribbean island's underwater world.
The scuba diving programmes will cover the east and west sides of the island, visiting unique underwater sites during nine to ten-day tours.
The tours will allow visitors to enjoy scuba diving adventures where they can explore of Cayo Levisa, the Havana coastline, the Zapata Swamp in the west, and the waters off the beaches in Covarrubias, Santa Lucia, and Marea del Portillo which boasts stunning coral reefs.
During the scuba diving tours, which have been designed for qualified adult divers, visitors will have the chance to dive along vertical walls, go wreck diving down to sunken ancient ships, and marvel at the beautiful sea life.
Cuba is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea and home to the world's second largest coral reef.
One of the most popular scuba diving destinations in Cuba is Jardines de la Reina, "Gardens of Queen", coral reef which is 200 kilometres long from east to west and home to an abundance of beautiful marine species such as Moray eels, groupers, crabs, lobsters, rays, turtles, barracudas, huge sea bass, sharks, colourful sponges, Black Coral and many more.
The Jardines del Rey, "Gardens of the King", archipelago features crystal clear ocean waters and an impressive barrier reef system. The turquoise waters offers superb conditions for scuba diving and visitors can experience sightings of an array of marine species including nurse sharks, stingrays, green morays, sea turtles, jewfish, Atlantic spadefish and barracuda.
Cuba is rich in wildlife both on land and in the sea, and it boasts stunning natural landscapes such as miles of white sand pristine beaches, 14 thriving national parks, six world biosphere reserves, 236 protected areas, an array of historic towns and cities, and numerous ancient ruins and sites.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...