Cubanacan expands its scuba diving programme in Cuba
Cubanacan Travel Agency has expanded its scuba diving programmes in Cuba, allowing visitors to explore more underwater sites around the island. The nine to ten-day itineraries will over the west and east shores of Cuba visiting Cayo Levisa, Havana coastline, the Zapata Swamp, Santa Lucia and Marea del Portillo.
Cubanacan Travel Agency has announced the expansion of its diving programmes throughout Cuba, giving divers the chance to explore more of the Caribbean island's underwater world.
The scuba diving programmes will cover the east and west sides of the island, visiting unique underwater sites during nine to ten-day tours.
The tours will allow visitors to enjoy scuba diving adventures where they can explore of Cayo Levisa, the Havana coastline, the Zapata Swamp in the west, and the waters off the beaches in Covarrubias, Santa Lucia, and Marea del Portillo which boasts stunning coral reefs.
During the scuba diving tours, which have been designed for qualified adult divers, visitors will have the chance to dive along vertical walls, go wreck diving down to sunken ancient ships, and marvel at the beautiful sea life.
Cuba is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea and home to the world's second largest coral reef.
One of the most popular scuba diving destinations in Cuba is Jardines de la Reina, "Gardens of Queen", coral reef which is 200 kilometres long from east to west and home to an abundance of beautiful marine species such as Moray eels, groupers, crabs, lobsters, rays, turtles, barracudas, huge sea bass, sharks, colourful sponges, Black Coral and many more.
The Jardines del Rey, "Gardens of the King", archipelago features crystal clear ocean waters and an impressive barrier reef system. The turquoise waters offers superb conditions for scuba diving and visitors can experience sightings of an array of marine species including nurse sharks, stingrays, green morays, sea turtles, jewfish, Atlantic spadefish and barracuda.
Cuba is rich in wildlife both on land and in the sea, and it boasts stunning natural landscapes such as miles of white sand pristine beaches, 14 thriving national parks, six world biosphere reserves, 236 protected areas, an array of historic towns and cities, and numerous ancient ruins and sites.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...