Rotana Hotels plans to open five hotels in Dubai by 2018
Rotana Hotels will be expanding its portfolio in the Middle East after it signed agreements to open ten new hotels in the United Arab Emirates, Iran and Sudan. The hotel group has signed five new hotels in Dubai which will increase its total collection in the emirate to 20. All new hotels are scheduled to open by 2018.
Rotana Hotels has announced plans to add ten new hotels to its collection of properties in the Middle East. The hotel group has signed agreements for five hotels in Dubai, four properties in Iran, and one in Sudan.
The five new properties in Dubai are scheduled to all open by 2018 and will bring Rotana's total number of hotels in the emirate to 20.
The first property will open in Dubai's Creek district in 2017 and will have 280 guest rooms combined in two hotels. This will be followed by the opening of a 163-room hotel in Al Barsha under the ‘Arjaan Hotel Apartments by Rotana' brand, a 528 room property under the ‘Rotana Hotels and Resort' brand, and a 100-room hotel under the ‘Arjaan Hotel Apartments by Rotana' in the Wafi area of Dubai – all scheduled to open by 2018.
Omer Kaddouri, the President of Rotana, explained:
"Dubai continues to be a focus market for us and with EXPO 2020 expected to further boost an already strong hospitality market, we plan on widening our footprint in the emirate. The new hotels will enable us to strengthen our market share in high demand areas."
The addition of the five new Dubai hotels will bring Rotana's total number of guest rooms in the United Arab Emirates to 13,269.
Dubai is a hub for leisure and business travellers and the city boasts unique architecture such as the Burj al Arab and Burj Khalifa, plus enormous shopping malls, verdant parks, luxurious hotels, and pristine sandy beaches. Popular attractions include the Dubai Marina, Dubai Mall, Jumeirah Mosque, and the Wild Wadi Park.
Rotana is one of the leading hotel management groups in the Middle East and Africa and the company operates approximately 70 luxury hotels and resorts across the region.
The hotel group is also planning to open four new hotels in Iran; two under the company's alcohol-free brand ‘Rayhaan Hotels and Resorts by Rotana' in the city off Mashhad, and two in Tehran by 2018.
A second Rotana hotel in Sudan's capital, Khartoum, is planned for 2019 which follows the opening of the existing Al Salam Rotana hotel.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
The palatial design is just the start of this luxury resort, a perfect place to escape from the dark, cold winters.
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- FREE half board upgrade
- Fully rejuvenate with an authentic Ottoman Spa that extends over 8,000 sq. metres and features 42 individual spa rooms and suites, as well as indoor swimming pool and Turkish Hammans
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...