Centara Ceysands Resort and Spa Sri Lanka to officially open this week
The grand opening of the Centara Ceysands Resort and Spa Sri Lanka will take place on Thursday 29th May, 2014. The new resort is located on the Bentota Peninsula, in southwest Sri Lanka and it has 165 rooms and suites, each boasting views looking out to the beach, the sparkling Indian Ocean and the river.
Centara Hotels and Resorts will be unveiling its newest hotel in Sri Lanka this week with the official grand opening of the Centara Ceysands Resort and Spa Sri Lanka.
The official opening ceremony will take place on Thursday 29th May, 2014 and will be attended by the President of Sri Lanka, His Excellency Mr. Mahinda Rajapksa.
Located in the southwest of the island on the Bentota Peninsula, the new resort is positioned between the sparkling Indian Ocean and a soft sandy beach on one side and the Bentota River on the other.
Guests will arrive to the luxury beachfront resort via ferry and the resort's 165 rooms and suites offer views looking out across the river, the beach and the ocean. Thirayuth Chirathivat, the Chief Executive Officer of Centara Hotels and Resorts, explained:
"The opening of this beautiful new resort, set in one of Sri Lanka's most outstanding tourism destinations, is a proud moment for us. We view Sri Lanka as being of great potential for us, and the island is part of our strategy for developing our market in the Indian Ocean region."
Facilities at the Centara Ceysands Resort and Spa include Cafe Bern and 360 Seafood, two gourmet restaurants serving local and international food; the Ceylon Club where guests can sample the famous Ceylonese tea and relax within comfortable surroundings; a Kids' Club with separate zones for children and teenagers; the Spa Cenvaree where guests can indulge in pampering Sri Lankan, Indian and Thai treatments; and an oceanfront swimming pool with children's pool and Jacuzzi, a watersports centre and fitness centre.
The versatile events space caters for meetings, events and weddings, while the business centre offers state-of-the-art audiovisual equipment and the facilities for business guests. Alexandre Glauser, the Area General Manager of Centara Hotels and Resorts Sri Lanka, commented:
"Centara Ceysands Resort and Spa is an outstanding property that will have both a romantic appeal for couples and lots of leisure attractions for families. For guests, the scene is set with the charming ride across the river on board our ferry, and no matter which room or suite they are staying, the view for guests will be stunning."
Conveniently located just a few minutes from Aluthgama railway station, travellers can reach the country's capital Colombo by car in less than two hours.
Centara Hotels and Resorts is the largest hotel chain in Thailand which offers a range of luxury properties across the country in cities and towns including Bangkok, Pattaya, Koh Pha Ngan, Phuket, Rayong, Chiang Mai, and Krabi, as well as international properties in the Maldives, Himalaya Mountains, and Sokhna on the north coast of the Red Sea.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover the beautiful Sri Lankan nature, located beside a perfect strech beach on the Island's West Coast
- Beautifully located beside a perfect stretch of sandy beach on the island's west coast
- Modern and comfortable rooms with breathtaking sea views
- Choose from the open air terrace offering delicious traditional and international cuisines
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting a la carte menus and buffet style
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Mount Lavinia is one of Sri Lanka's oldest hotel and with its impressive 200 plus years of heritage it has...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...