Wilderness Travel to launch small ship cruise to Cuba in November
Wilderness Travel has announced that it will be offering a new small ship cruises to Cuba through People-to-People Exchange programmes in November, 2014. The Cuba Cultural Adventure small ship cruise will sail for eight days on the 48-passenger vessel and stop off at Old Havana, Cienfuegos, Trinidad City, Cayo Largo and Cabo San Antonio.
Wilderness Travel will be giving tourists a new way to explore Cuba through small ship cruises that will launch in November, 2014.
The Cuba Cultural Adventure small ship cruises will be available through people-to-people exchange programmes and will sail for eight days around the western side of the Caribbean island of Cuba.
The three mast cruise vessel can accommodate 48 passengers and it will stop off at UNESCO World Heritage sites, such as Old Havana, Cienfuegos and Trinidad City, and beautiful islands off the coast including Cayo Largo and Cabo San Antonio.
During the trip, guests will be able to enjoy an array of activities including walking tours around the historic cities, visits to 18th-century coffee plantations, ceramics workshops, trips to a sea turtle breeding centre, snorkelling in Cayo Largo and salsa dancing onboard the ship.
Barbara Banks, the Director of Marketing and New Trip development for Wilderness Travel, commented:
"We are so excited about this trip because it's truly a new way to see Cuba and its magnificent history and culture."
"While other large cruise lines may stop for a day in Cuba, our trip gives you an intimate look at this country over 8 days aboard a delightful vessel with just the right number of fellow travellers. We stop not just in Havana but sail to other overlooked, but just as lovely, cities and islands off the coast of Cuba, like Cayo Largo and Cabo San Antonio."
While onboard the Panorama vessel, passengers can enjoy facilities including two bars, swimming platform, a sun deck, two lounges and a library. All cabins have views of the ocean and private bathrooms.
The eight-day Cuba cruises will start on 29th November, 2014 and continue until April 2015 with prices starting from $4,799 per person for a double occupancy cabin.
Cuba is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea that boasts stunning natural landscapes such as miles of white sand pristine beaches, the second largest coral reef in the world, 14 thriving national parks, 236 protected areas, many historic towns and cities, and ancient ruins and sites.
The capital, Havana, is a hotspot for tourists with its cobbled streets, old decaying buildings, Malecon promenade, historic Old Town, and vibrant bars and restaurants, while Cayo Largo has award-winning beaches, warm crystal clear ocean waters that are perfect for snorkelling and scuba diving, and diverse wildlife including flamingos, turtles, iguanas, and pelicans.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Bella Costa
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 4th May 2017
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...