Wilderness Travel to launch small ship cruise to Cuba in November
Wilderness Travel has announced that it will be offering a new small ship cruises to Cuba through People-to-People Exchange programmes in November, 2014. The Cuba Cultural Adventure small ship cruise will sail for eight days on the 48-passenger vessel and stop off at Old Havana, Cienfuegos, Trinidad City, Cayo Largo and Cabo San Antonio.
Wilderness Travel will be giving tourists a new way to explore Cuba through small ship cruises that will launch in November, 2014.
The Cuba Cultural Adventure small ship cruises will be available through people-to-people exchange programmes and will sail for eight days around the western side of the Caribbean island of Cuba.
The three mast cruise vessel can accommodate 48 passengers and it will stop off at UNESCO World Heritage sites, such as Old Havana, Cienfuegos and Trinidad City, and beautiful islands off the coast including Cayo Largo and Cabo San Antonio.
During the trip, guests will be able to enjoy an array of activities including walking tours around the historic cities, visits to 18th-century coffee plantations, ceramics workshops, trips to a sea turtle breeding centre, snorkelling in Cayo Largo and salsa dancing onboard the ship.
Barbara Banks, the Director of Marketing and New Trip development for Wilderness Travel, commented:
"We are so excited about this trip because it's truly a new way to see Cuba and its magnificent history and culture."
"While other large cruise lines may stop for a day in Cuba, our trip gives you an intimate look at this country over 8 days aboard a delightful vessel with just the right number of fellow travellers. We stop not just in Havana but sail to other overlooked, but just as lovely, cities and islands off the coast of Cuba, like Cayo Largo and Cabo San Antonio."
While onboard the Panorama vessel, passengers can enjoy facilities including two bars, swimming platform, a sun deck, two lounges and a library. All cabins have views of the ocean and private bathrooms.
The eight-day Cuba cruises will start on 29th November, 2014 and continue until April 2015 with prices starting from $4,799 per person for a double occupancy cabin.
Cuba is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea that boasts stunning natural landscapes such as miles of white sand pristine beaches, the second largest coral reef in the world, 14 thriving national parks, 236 protected areas, many historic towns and cities, and ancient ruins and sites.
The capital, Havana, is a hotspot for tourists with its cobbled streets, old decaying buildings, Malecon promenade, historic Old Town, and vibrant bars and restaurants, while Cayo Largo has award-winning beaches, warm crystal clear ocean waters that are perfect for snorkelling and scuba diving, and diverse wildlife including flamingos, turtles, iguanas, and pelicans.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...