AMResorts to open Dreams Sands Cancun Resort and Spa in September 2014
AMResorts has announced that it has added Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa to its collection of hotels and resorts. The resort will take over the existing Grand Oasis Viva property in Cancun and after extensive renovations to meet the Dreams Resorts & Spas Unlimited-Luxury standards, the hotel will be officially rebranded on 1st September, 2014.
AMResorts will be adding another property to its portfolio in Mexico after announcing that it will be taking over the existing Grand Oasis Viva hotel.
The hotel group has signed an agreement to operate the Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa which will become the 12th property in its award-winning Dreams Resorts & Spas brand.
The Grand Oasis Viva property in Cancun will undergo extensive renovations and upgrades to meet the standards of the Dreams Resorts & Spas Unlimited-Luxury® brand and AMResorts will commence operations when the resort is officially rebranded on 1st September, 2014.
Gonzalo del Peon, the President of AMResorts, explained:
"Dreams Sands Cancun demonstrates the brand's commitment to offering guests a unique, luxury vacation experience in highly desirable destinations,"
"Dreams Resorts & Spas continues to look for new opportunities to continue exceeding our guests' expectations."
The family-friendly all-inclusive beachfront resort will have 441 spacious guest rooms and suites boasting ocean views and modern amenities such as daily refreshed mini-bars with soft drinks, bottled water, juice and beer, and 24-hour room service.
Located on a 650 feet stretch of white sandy beach in the southern end of Cancun's vibrant hotel zone, Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa will have an array of upscale facilities including two swimming pools, eight gourmet restaurants, six bars and lounges, the onsite Dreams Spa by Pevonia, modern fitness centre, business and meeting space, and the Explorer’s Club for younger guests.
AMResorts was established in 2001 and the hotel company now operates several luxury resorts and spas across the Caribbean, Dominican Republic and Mexico. The company’s brands include Zoetry Wellness & Spa Resorts, Secrets Resorts & Spas, Now Resorts & Spas, Sunscape Resorts & Spas, and Dreams Resorts & Spas.
Cancun is located in the Quintana Roo state on the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico and it is home to breathtaking landscapes such as lush tropical forests, ancient Mayan temples, pristine white sand beaches, and sparkling cobalt Caribbean waters that are teeming with colourful marine species.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...