True Blue Bay Boutique Resort to host Grenada Chocolate Fest 2014
Grenada is famous for being the home of the world-renowned Grenada Chocolate Company products and this summer, the True Blue Bay Boutique Resort will offer a seven-night Chocolate Experience package as part of the week-long 2014 Grenada Chocolate Fest celebrations. The package includes workshops, chocolate tastings and cooking classes.
The Caribbean island of Grenada is famous for its delicious chocolate products and this summer the island will host the 2014 Grenada Chocolate Fest.
The festival will take place from 17th to 24th August, 2014 and the True Blue Bay Boutique Resort in Grenada will be hosting a series of chocolate-themed events as well as special seven-night Chocolate Experience package for tourists.
The True Blue Grenada Chocolate Fest Package includes seven nights in a True Blue Style Room, daily breakfast with chocolate specials, chocolate and rum tasting, workshops, chocolate cooking class with the resort’s cooks', Esther and Omega, 10 per cent discounts on chocolate spa treatments, a daily scoop of delicious chocolate ice cream, entrance to a fashion show and bazaar, and a viewing of an award-winning chocolate documentary film.
The True Blue Grenada Chocolate Fest Package costs US$1739 (double occupancy) or the single parent package costs US$1599 (one adult and two children under 12).
During the Caribbean festival, visitors will be able to learn the old fashioned and ethical ways to grow organic cocoa, sample the variety of products, and visit historic plantations.
The schedule of the week’s event is as follows:
- Monday 18th August – Get in the Mood for Chocolate – A visit to a Chocolate Factory and trip to a cocoa farm.
- Tuesday 19th August – Chocolate Indulgence – A yoga class with cocoa tea, chocolate spa treatments around the island, and a Chocolate Champagne Sunset Cruise.
- Wednesday 20th August - Chocolate Workshops conducted by the Grenada Chocolate Company at the Bon Bon Shop at Belmont Estate.
- Thursday 21st August - Chocolate, Rum and other treats – A chocolate moulding workshop, Chocolate and Local Rum tasting sessions, and a bartender cocktail competition.
- Friday 22nd August - Let's Get Cooking, a Chocolate Dinner competition with local chefs and cooks who will make a three-course meal using chocolate and a mystery basket.
- Saturday 23rd August - Chocolate Glamour Day – A cocoa-inspired fashion show with local batiks and jewellery and an Arts & Crafts Bazaar, followed by a chocolate theatrical sketch and the Chocolate Gala Dinner.
- Sunday 24th August - Visit the Estate and Meet the Cocoa Farmers – A Grenadian lunch, local music, traditional dancers, tours of Cocoa processing and kids’ activities.
- Grenada is home to miles of unspoiled white sand beaches, verdant green rolling hills, mountainous peaks, winding rivers, and cascading waterfalls.
- It is also known as the “Island of Spice”, due to its position as a leading producer of spices including Cinnamon, cloves, ginger, mace, allspice, orange/citrus peels, wild coffee, nutmeg and organic cocoa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In True Blue Bay Boutique Resort Browse all
With a variety of activities and facilities, True Blue Bay Boutique Resort is sure to make your holiday in Grenada unforgettable.
- Summer just got even better with a Free Room Upgrade plus stay 7 nights for the price of 6!
- Savour traditional local cuisine, popular Mexican dishes, and a selection of International specialities at the hotel's restaurant, offering something exciting happening every day of the week
- Soak up the sunshine by the infinity or Bay view pool, or book a relaxing Spa treatment, while your kids are having endless fun at the special children's playground or participate in a variety of kid's activities
- Relax in your comfortable and spacious room featuring all the amenities you need for a flawless holiday, including free Wi-Fi, air conditioning, patio or balcony facing the sea, and equipped kitchenette