Rotana is Official Sponsor for Volvo Ocean Race Abu Dhabi Stopover
The Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority, organisers of the Volvo Ocean Race Stopover in the emirate, has signed a sponsorship agreement with Rotana Hotel Management Corporation for a partnership that will offer exclusive rates for Volvo Ocean Race teams, spectators, and the race family members this December.
A sponsorship agreement has been signed between the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi) and Rotana Hotel Management Corporation for the Volvo Ocean Race (VOR) Stopover in the city this December.
The tourism authority and the hotel group’s joint partnership will offer exclusive rates at Rotana hotels across Abu Dhabi for Volvo Ocean Race teams, spectators, and the race family members during the event.
“Abu Dhabi will host thousands of executives, teams, crews, spectators and tourists travelling from around the globe, over six weeks in December and January, for the Volvo Ocean Race Abu Dhabi Stopover; and we want to make sure everyone will receive the finest hospitality throughout their stay.”
Stated Sultan Al Dhaheri, the Acting Executive Director of Tourism for TCA Abu Dhabi, he continued:
“Rotana’s wide range of accommodation options of 3 to 5 star hotels and self-catering apartments – all within a short distance of the VOR Destination Village on our stunning Corniche – match our Stopover requirements to provide both luxury and cost-efficient solutions for our international visitors, all of which makes Rotana a perfect partner.”
The sponsorship deal will offer discounted rates for more than 2,600 room nights at Rotana hotels in the capital of the United Arab Emirates during the Volvo Ocean Race Stopover period over Christmas and New Year.
As part of the partnership, Rotana will offer marketing support to the Abu Dhabi Stopover and provide interactive activities at the Destination Village at Abu Dhabi’s Corniche.
The official Volvo Ocean Race Leg 2 will include an in-port race around the Abu Dhabi Corniche Breakwater and will be followed by a Prize-Giving Gala Dinner that will be hosted in Beach Rotana’s Al Thuraya ballroom on 1st January, 2015. The special event will include an arrival reception, a three-course dinner, local entertainment and the awarding of the Leg 2 trophy and awards.
Omer Kaddouri, the President & CEO of Rotana, explained:
“We are extremely privileged to be partnering with TCA Abu Dhabi for the 2014-15 Volvo Ocean Race stopover and for Rotana to be the official Hotel Partner for this prestigious event. Such initiatives are extremely important for Abu Dhabi and will give this great destination tremendous worldwide exposure. With natural islands, over 400 kilometres of pristine coastline, and world-class marine leisure facilities, we believe Abu Dhabi is the ideal destination to host such events, and we look forward to welcoming thousands of race guests to our properties”.
Rotana is one of the leading hotel management groups in the Middle East and Africa and the company operates approximately 70 luxury hotels and resorts across the region including four Abu Dhabi hotels.
Abu Dhabi is the capital of the seven United Arab Emirates in the Middle East and a hub for international business and luxury holidays.
The main city is situated on an island on the north-eastern part of the Persian Gulf and travellers can explore attractions including the beautiful Sheikh Zayed Mosque, the Corniche waterfront, Khalifa Park, and miles of golden sand beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...