Rotana is Official Sponsor for Volvo Ocean Race Abu Dhabi Stopover
The Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority, organisers of the Volvo Ocean Race Stopover in the emirate, has signed a sponsorship agreement with Rotana Hotel Management Corporation for a partnership that will offer exclusive rates for Volvo Ocean Race teams, spectators, and the race family members this December.
A sponsorship agreement has been signed between the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi) and Rotana Hotel Management Corporation for the Volvo Ocean Race (VOR) Stopover in the city this December.
The tourism authority and the hotel group’s joint partnership will offer exclusive rates at Rotana hotels across Abu Dhabi for Volvo Ocean Race teams, spectators, and the race family members during the event.
“Abu Dhabi will host thousands of executives, teams, crews, spectators and tourists travelling from around the globe, over six weeks in December and January, for the Volvo Ocean Race Abu Dhabi Stopover; and we want to make sure everyone will receive the finest hospitality throughout their stay.”
Stated Sultan Al Dhaheri, the Acting Executive Director of Tourism for TCA Abu Dhabi, he continued:
“Rotana’s wide range of accommodation options of 3 to 5 star hotels and self-catering apartments – all within a short distance of the VOR Destination Village on our stunning Corniche – match our Stopover requirements to provide both luxury and cost-efficient solutions for our international visitors, all of which makes Rotana a perfect partner.”
The sponsorship deal will offer discounted rates for more than 2,600 room nights at Rotana hotels in the capital of the United Arab Emirates during the Volvo Ocean Race Stopover period over Christmas and New Year.
As part of the partnership, Rotana will offer marketing support to the Abu Dhabi Stopover and provide interactive activities at the Destination Village at Abu Dhabi’s Corniche.
The official Volvo Ocean Race Leg 2 will include an in-port race around the Abu Dhabi Corniche Breakwater and will be followed by a Prize-Giving Gala Dinner that will be hosted in Beach Rotana’s Al Thuraya ballroom on 1st January, 2015. The special event will include an arrival reception, a three-course dinner, local entertainment and the awarding of the Leg 2 trophy and awards.
Omer Kaddouri, the President & CEO of Rotana, explained:
“We are extremely privileged to be partnering with TCA Abu Dhabi for the 2014-15 Volvo Ocean Race stopover and for Rotana to be the official Hotel Partner for this prestigious event. Such initiatives are extremely important for Abu Dhabi and will give this great destination tremendous worldwide exposure. With natural islands, over 400 kilometres of pristine coastline, and world-class marine leisure facilities, we believe Abu Dhabi is the ideal destination to host such events, and we look forward to welcoming thousands of race guests to our properties”.
Rotana is one of the leading hotel management groups in the Middle East and Africa and the company operates approximately 70 luxury hotels and resorts across the region including four Abu Dhabi hotels.
Abu Dhabi is the capital of the seven United Arab Emirates in the Middle East and a hub for international business and luxury holidays.
The main city is situated on an island on the north-eastern part of the Persian Gulf and travellers can explore attractions including the beautiful Sheikh Zayed Mosque, the Corniche waterfront, Khalifa Park, and miles of golden sand beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...