Rotana is Official Sponsor for Volvo Ocean Race Abu Dhabi Stopover
The Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority, organisers of the Volvo Ocean Race Stopover in the emirate, has signed a sponsorship agreement with Rotana Hotel Management Corporation for a partnership that will offer exclusive rates for Volvo Ocean Race teams, spectators, and the race family members this December.
A sponsorship agreement has been signed between the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi) and Rotana Hotel Management Corporation for the Volvo Ocean Race (VOR) Stopover in the city this December.
The tourism authority and the hotel group’s joint partnership will offer exclusive rates at Rotana hotels across Abu Dhabi for Volvo Ocean Race teams, spectators, and the race family members during the event.
“Abu Dhabi will host thousands of executives, teams, crews, spectators and tourists travelling from around the globe, over six weeks in December and January, for the Volvo Ocean Race Abu Dhabi Stopover; and we want to make sure everyone will receive the finest hospitality throughout their stay.”
Stated Sultan Al Dhaheri, the Acting Executive Director of Tourism for TCA Abu Dhabi, he continued:
“Rotana’s wide range of accommodation options of 3 to 5 star hotels and self-catering apartments – all within a short distance of the VOR Destination Village on our stunning Corniche – match our Stopover requirements to provide both luxury and cost-efficient solutions for our international visitors, all of which makes Rotana a perfect partner.”
The sponsorship deal will offer discounted rates for more than 2,600 room nights at Rotana hotels in the capital of the United Arab Emirates during the Volvo Ocean Race Stopover period over Christmas and New Year.
As part of the partnership, Rotana will offer marketing support to the Abu Dhabi Stopover and provide interactive activities at the Destination Village at Abu Dhabi’s Corniche.
The official Volvo Ocean Race Leg 2 will include an in-port race around the Abu Dhabi Corniche Breakwater and will be followed by a Prize-Giving Gala Dinner that will be hosted in Beach Rotana’s Al Thuraya ballroom on 1st January, 2015. The special event will include an arrival reception, a three-course dinner, local entertainment and the awarding of the Leg 2 trophy and awards.
Omer Kaddouri, the President & CEO of Rotana, explained:
“We are extremely privileged to be partnering with TCA Abu Dhabi for the 2014-15 Volvo Ocean Race stopover and for Rotana to be the official Hotel Partner for this prestigious event. Such initiatives are extremely important for Abu Dhabi and will give this great destination tremendous worldwide exposure. With natural islands, over 400 kilometres of pristine coastline, and world-class marine leisure facilities, we believe Abu Dhabi is the ideal destination to host such events, and we look forward to welcoming thousands of race guests to our properties”.
Rotana is one of the leading hotel management groups in the Middle East and Africa and the company operates approximately 70 luxury hotels and resorts across the region including four Abu Dhabi hotels.
Abu Dhabi is the capital of the seven United Arab Emirates in the Middle East and a hub for international business and luxury holidays.
The main city is situated on an island on the north-eastern part of the Persian Gulf and travellers can explore attractions including the beautiful Sheikh Zayed Mosque, the Corniche waterfront, Khalifa Park, and miles of golden sand beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...