Rotana is Official Sponsor for Volvo Ocean Race Abu Dhabi Stopover
The Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority, organisers of the Volvo Ocean Race Stopover in the emirate, has signed a sponsorship agreement with Rotana Hotel Management Corporation for a partnership that will offer exclusive rates for Volvo Ocean Race teams, spectators, and the race family members this December.
A sponsorship agreement has been signed between the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi) and Rotana Hotel Management Corporation for the Volvo Ocean Race (VOR) Stopover in the city this December.
The tourism authority and the hotel group’s joint partnership will offer exclusive rates at Rotana hotels across Abu Dhabi for Volvo Ocean Race teams, spectators, and the race family members during the event.
“Abu Dhabi will host thousands of executives, teams, crews, spectators and tourists travelling from around the globe, over six weeks in December and January, for the Volvo Ocean Race Abu Dhabi Stopover; and we want to make sure everyone will receive the finest hospitality throughout their stay.”
Stated Sultan Al Dhaheri, the Acting Executive Director of Tourism for TCA Abu Dhabi, he continued:
“Rotana’s wide range of accommodation options of 3 to 5 star hotels and self-catering apartments – all within a short distance of the VOR Destination Village on our stunning Corniche – match our Stopover requirements to provide both luxury and cost-efficient solutions for our international visitors, all of which makes Rotana a perfect partner.”
The sponsorship deal will offer discounted rates for more than 2,600 room nights at Rotana hotels in the capital of the United Arab Emirates during the Volvo Ocean Race Stopover period over Christmas and New Year.
As part of the partnership, Rotana will offer marketing support to the Abu Dhabi Stopover and provide interactive activities at the Destination Village at Abu Dhabi’s Corniche.
The official Volvo Ocean Race Leg 2 will include an in-port race around the Abu Dhabi Corniche Breakwater and will be followed by a Prize-Giving Gala Dinner that will be hosted in Beach Rotana’s Al Thuraya ballroom on 1st January, 2015. The special event will include an arrival reception, a three-course dinner, local entertainment and the awarding of the Leg 2 trophy and awards.
Omer Kaddouri, the President & CEO of Rotana, explained:
“We are extremely privileged to be partnering with TCA Abu Dhabi for the 2014-15 Volvo Ocean Race stopover and for Rotana to be the official Hotel Partner for this prestigious event. Such initiatives are extremely important for Abu Dhabi and will give this great destination tremendous worldwide exposure. With natural islands, over 400 kilometres of pristine coastline, and world-class marine leisure facilities, we believe Abu Dhabi is the ideal destination to host such events, and we look forward to welcoming thousands of race guests to our properties”.
Rotana is one of the leading hotel management groups in the Middle East and Africa and the company operates approximately 70 luxury hotels and resorts across the region including four Abu Dhabi hotels.
Abu Dhabi is the capital of the seven United Arab Emirates in the Middle East and a hub for international business and luxury holidays.
The main city is situated on an island on the north-eastern part of the Persian Gulf and travellers can explore attractions including the beautiful Sheikh Zayed Mosque, the Corniche waterfront, Khalifa Park, and miles of golden sand beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
The Topaz Hotel is perfect for those who want to explore St Paul's bay and Malta's rugged countryside. Affordable and...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...