Renaissance Santo Domingo Jaragua Hotel to close for $40 million refurbishment programme
The Renaissance Santo Domingo Jaragua Hotel and Casino will close its doors on 26th April, 2014 for approximately one year to undergo extensive renovations and upgrades. The 300-room Dominican Republic hotel first opened in 1987 when it took over the site of the original Jaragua hotel, which dates back to 1942.
The Renaissance Santo Domingo Jaragua Hotel and Casino will be closing its doors next weekend to undergo an extensive refurbishment programme.
The 300-room hotel in the Dominican Republic hotel will close to guests on 26th April, 2014 for approximately 12 months so $40 million worth of renovations and upgrades can be carried out, according to the General Manager, Eduardo Reple.
The Santo Domingo hotel first opened in 1987 on the former site of the Jaragua hotel, which dates back to 1942.
Located on the Malecon in the Dominican Republic capital, the Renaissance Santo Domingo Jaragua Hotel and Casino is positioned close to the city's popular attractions, historical sites, shops and restaurants.
Owned by Marriott International, the hotel's facilities include an outdoor swimming pool, tennis club, a casino, lush tropical gardens, a modern fitness centre, a business centre, and an array of gourmet restaurants.
Santo Domingo is one of the oldest capital cities in the Caribbean and it is rich in history and heritage. The city is divided by the Ozama River and includes old Victorian houses, tree-lined streets, luxury Santo Domingo hotels, casinos, historic monuments and tourist attractions such as Columbus's Lighthouse, where the explorer's remains are buried; the open caves of the Parque Nacional Los Tres Ojos; and the National Aquarium.
The city's "Colonial Zone" boasts several examples of 15th and 16th century architecture; beautiful churches, cathedrals and convents, including the Iglesia Regina Angelorum and the Convento de los Dominicos; and museums such as Alcazar de Colon, Museum of Duarte and the Museo del Ron Dominicano which turns into a rum bar after hours.
The Dominican Republic is a country on the island of Hispaniola located in the Caribbean Sea. The nation occupies the eastern two thirds of the island and the remaining third belongs to the nation of Haiti.
Holidaymakers can enjoy the stunning landscapes and natural scenery that is made up of white sand palm-fringed beaches, turquoise ocean waters, rolling green hills, winding valleys, cascading waterfalls, and soaring majestic mountains.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Enjoy the relaxed vibes of the all inclusive resort in Punta Cana, complete with exclusive extras for couples!
- Enjoy a la carte cuisine in La Gondola, La perla or grills at media luna
- The resort is set in a picturesque location beside a secluded stretch of beach at Punta Cana
- Receive a 10% discount at the hotel spa
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
- Free upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Room
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Answer the call of the Dominican Republic's third-largest city and plunge into a world of lush tropical jungles and...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...
Spend eight days lazing in the abundant Punta Cana sunshine as you enjoy the best in hospitality that the Dominican...
Don't miss out on the ultimate 8-day Caribbean experience at the all-inclusive Be Live Hamaca in Punta Cana, Dominican...