Marrakech's Noria Golf Club is now open for play
The Noria Golf Club in Marrakech has just been launched and is the perfect place for golf enthusiasts to spend a day of leisure during on their Morocco holidays. The Golf Club is part of the eagerly anticipated L'Oasis de Noria resort set to open at some point later on this year.
The Noria Golf Club near Marrakech, Morocco is now officially open. Golfing enthusiasts can enjoy the 18-hole course designed by Hills Forrest golf architecture. Set against the backdrop of the Atlas Mountains these impeccably landscaped grounds feature four hectares of lake, 85 bunkers and extends over 6750 metres.
The newly designed golf course is a taste of the luxury that will be on offer at L'Oasis de Noria family resort, which is set to open sometime later this year. The resort is the brainchild of one of the leading European tourism management companies- Pierre and Vacances (PandV) who has partnered with Moroccan developer Compagnie Generale Immobiliere (CGI).
The golf course forms part of L'Oasis de Noria resort which aims to be a self-contained family-friendly paradise featuring its own beach club waterpark with its very own lagoon in addition to a fitness and wellness centre and shopping facilities.
"We are creating a year-round resort...the aim is to provide people with everything they need within the residence, but in a location that offers something more exotic than Europe".
Were the words from PandV's Charles-Antoine Sialelli back in 2011.
If all goes to plan, L'Oasis de Noria will have stiff competition in the coming years with six beachside resorts to be developed under the Moroccan government's Vision 2020 initiative in an effort to attract more traveller's to book sun, sea and sand holidays in Morocco. The Moroccan government aims is to attract as many as 20 million visitors each year and generate up to $17bn in tourism revenue by the year 2020.
Morocco's goals, though attainable, are not without their challenges. Although there is a trend of continued growth in arrivals - officials anticipate a four per cent increase in international visitors in 2014; the global financial crisis has slowed progress somewhat and has highlighted the need to attract visitors from non-traditional markets in Latin America, Eastern Europe and Asia.
Regardless of what the long term future of the Moroccan tourism industry holds, right now L'Oasis de Noria is undoubtedly one of Morocco's most eagerly anticipated resorts and if the breathtaking Noria Golf Club is any indication to go by, then it will have been well worth the wait.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Morocco Browse all
A great location just minutes from the iconic Jemaa el-Fnaa Square and Marrakech's popular and buzzing downtown area.
- Stylish North African fare at La Table du Marche and tasty confection at Table du Marche Pastry Shop
- Offering stunning views over the pool, the Atlas Mountains of the Koutoubia, all 58 Standard Rooms at the Hivernage Hotel and Spa include free wi-fi
- Both and outdoor and indoor swimming pool (with water jets massage), plus a spa and wellbeing centre make for a relaxing stay
Soak up that much-needed vitamin D form a panoramic resort facing a 7-kilometre beach.
- A wide range of activities to enjoy such as beach football, volleyball, table tennis and much more
- Free Wireless Internet in addition to the comfortable accommodations with spectacular sea views
- Leave behind everyday stress and benefit from all spa treatments or enjoy the Yoga and Pilates Classes
Enjoy easy access to the historic heart of the town and experience true Moroccan culture.
- Children's activities programme and video games area makes this hotel perfect for the family
- The So Lounge, Bar & Restaurant has separate sections with a DJ, live music, contemporary Moroccan cuisine and Zen calm and comfort private boxes
- Excellent fitness facilities, with an outdoor freshwater heated swimming pool, a Hamman, Jacuzzi, sauna, solarium and fitness centre
Enjoy the work of local artisans, being situated in the heart of Marrakech's old Medina
- Allow the hotel to help you set up various city tours and excursions
- Dine in one of the Moroccan salons or outside under the stars on the rooftop terrace
- After a tough day of sightseeing, relax at the spa with hammam and massage service
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Beautifully poised on a pristine golden beach, the refined Sofitel Agadir Royal Bay Resort exudes modern luxury and...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...
Oozing Moroccan charm through all its pores, this elegant and picturesque boutique hotel and "maison" sitting...