The Holiday Place is runner up Tour Operator of the Year at The Lukas Awards
2014 has proven a very rewarding year for The Holiday Place as they have recently been announced as the runners up in the Latin UK Awards' as second-best Tour Operator of the Year. The company was selected as one of the two top UK travel firms operating in the Latin American market and got to the final round stage where it competed against five other final nominees.
On this year’s edition of The Latin UK Awards, otherwise known as The Lukas, The Holiday Place was selected as one of the five nominees in the Tour Operator of the Year category. The winners have now been announced and the company ended up scooping the runner up award, behind the declared winner, Journey Latin America.
While the company didn’t achieve the overall winning position, being declared runner up is no mean feat, as The Holiday Place are the UK’s number one specialist in travel to Cuba, while Journey Latin America, is a more generic tour operator, comprising the most extensive list of destinations in Latin America, to a wider range of destinations in that continent. So, to be considered among the best, second only to a larger tour operator operating in wider Latin American market, is a big recognition to be really proud of.
Other nominees in the Tour Operator of the Year 2014 category included Steamond Travel, Key 2 Cuba and Soliman Travel, all of these representing the Latin American market in the UK.
Sponsored by Air Europa, the Latin UK Awards (LUKAS) are the world’s only and first ever awards ceremony to recognise the contribution of the approximately one million Latin American, Portuguese and Spanish residents in the UK. Celebrating all things Latino in Britain, this colourful and entertaining event shows the country’s growing passion for this passionate continent and its vibrant Hispanic nationals.
Now in its third year edition and growing bigger each time, The LUKAS became the most media covered Latin event in the UK in 2013 with international Latin and regional channels covering the event and gala ceremony, such as ESPN and UNIVISON. It included the participation of ballet star Tamara Rojo, David Gilmour from Pink Floyd and fashion designer Vivienne Westwood as presenters and the ceremony reached over 10 million people over the globe.
The highly-acclaimed Cuban ballet dancer, Carlos Acosta has described the event as:
“The most sought after annual Latino event in the UK.”
This year’s ceremony will be held on 30th April and the chosen venue for the gala will be London’s KOKO. The event will be attended by a long list of famous guests including, the details of which will be revealed very soon.
Tickets go on sale shortly, so if this sounds like something you’d like to attend log onto the official Lukas website to keep posted and find out more about The Lukas Gala Ceremony 2014. The Holiday Place will surely be there to collect their well-deserved prize as a recognised, number one Cuba specialist with over 25 years of experience in the Latin market. Other Latin destinations The Holiday Place currently features also include Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Panama, Mexico and the Dominican Republic.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...