The Holiday Place is runner up Tour Operator of the Year at The Lukas Awards
2014 has proven a very rewarding year for The Holiday Place as they have recently been announced as the runners up in the Latin UK Awards' as second-best Tour Operator of the Year. The company was selected as one of the two top UK travel firms operating in the Latin American market and got to the final round stage where it competed against five other final nominees.
On this year’s edition of The Latin UK Awards, otherwise known as The Lukas, The Holiday Place was selected as one of the five nominees in the Tour Operator of the Year category. The winners have now been announced and the company ended up scooping the runner up award, behind the declared winner, Journey Latin America.
While the company didn’t achieve the overall winning position, being declared runner up is no mean feat, as The Holiday Place are the UK’s number one specialist in travel to Cuba, while Journey Latin America, is a more generic tour operator, comprising the most extensive list of destinations in Latin America, to a wider range of destinations in that continent. So, to be considered among the best, second only to a larger tour operator operating in wider Latin American market, is a big recognition to be really proud of.
Other nominees in the Tour Operator of the Year 2014 category included Steamond Travel, Key 2 Cuba and Soliman Travel, all of these representing the Latin American market in the UK.
Sponsored by Air Europa, the Latin UK Awards (LUKAS) are the world’s only and first ever awards ceremony to recognise the contribution of the approximately one million Latin American, Portuguese and Spanish residents in the UK. Celebrating all things Latino in Britain, this colourful and entertaining event shows the country’s growing passion for this passionate continent and its vibrant Hispanic nationals.
Now in its third year edition and growing bigger each time, The LUKAS became the most media covered Latin event in the UK in 2013 with international Latin and regional channels covering the event and gala ceremony, such as ESPN and UNIVISON. It included the participation of ballet star Tamara Rojo, David Gilmour from Pink Floyd and fashion designer Vivienne Westwood as presenters and the ceremony reached over 10 million people over the globe.
The highly-acclaimed Cuban ballet dancer, Carlos Acosta has described the event as:
“The most sought after annual Latino event in the UK.”
This year’s ceremony will be held on 30th April and the chosen venue for the gala will be London’s KOKO. The event will be attended by a long list of famous guests including, the details of which will be revealed very soon.
Tickets go on sale shortly, so if this sounds like something you’d like to attend log onto the official Lukas website to keep posted and find out more about The Lukas Gala Ceremony 2014. The Holiday Place will surely be there to collect their well-deserved prize as a recognised, number one Cuba specialist with over 25 years of experience in the Latin market. Other Latin destinations The Holiday Place currently features also include Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Panama, Mexico and the Dominican Republic.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Enjoy a taste of Thailand with a complimentary cooking class
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...