The Holiday Place is runner up Tour Operator of the Year at The Lukas Awards
2014 has proven a very rewarding year for The Holiday Place as they have recently been announced as the runners up in the Latin UK Awards' as second-best Tour Operator of the Year. The company was selected as one of the two top UK travel firms operating in the Latin American market and got to the final round stage where it competed against five other final nominees.
On this year’s edition of The Latin UK Awards, otherwise known as The Lukas, The Holiday Place was selected as one of the five nominees in the Tour Operator of the Year category. The winners have now been announced and the company ended up scooping the runner up award, behind the declared winner, Journey Latin America.
While the company didn’t achieve the overall winning position, being declared runner up is no mean feat, as The Holiday Place are the UK’s number one specialist in travel to Cuba, while Journey Latin America, is a more generic tour operator, comprising the most extensive list of destinations in Latin America, to a wider range of destinations in that continent. So, to be considered among the best, second only to a larger tour operator operating in wider Latin American market, is a big recognition to be really proud of.
Other nominees in the Tour Operator of the Year 2014 category included Steamond Travel, Key 2 Cuba and Soliman Travel, all of these representing the Latin American market in the UK.
Sponsored by Air Europa, the Latin UK Awards (LUKAS) are the world’s only and first ever awards ceremony to recognise the contribution of the approximately one million Latin American, Portuguese and Spanish residents in the UK. Celebrating all things Latino in Britain, this colourful and entertaining event shows the country’s growing passion for this passionate continent and its vibrant Hispanic nationals.
Now in its third year edition and growing bigger each time, The LUKAS became the most media covered Latin event in the UK in 2013 with international Latin and regional channels covering the event and gala ceremony, such as ESPN and UNIVISON. It included the participation of ballet star Tamara Rojo, David Gilmour from Pink Floyd and fashion designer Vivienne Westwood as presenters and the ceremony reached over 10 million people over the globe.
The highly-acclaimed Cuban ballet dancer, Carlos Acosta has described the event as:
“The most sought after annual Latino event in the UK.”
This year’s ceremony will be held on 30th April and the chosen venue for the gala will be London’s KOKO. The event will be attended by a long list of famous guests including, the details of which will be revealed very soon.
Tickets go on sale shortly, so if this sounds like something you’d like to attend log onto the official Lukas website to keep posted and find out more about The Lukas Gala Ceremony 2014. The Holiday Place will surely be there to collect their well-deserved prize as a recognised, number one Cuba specialist with over 25 years of experience in the Latin market. Other Latin destinations The Holiday Place currently features also include Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Panama, Mexico and the Dominican Republic.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...