The Holiday Place is runner up Tour Operator of the Year at The Lukas Awards
2014 has proven a very rewarding year for The Holiday Place as they have recently been announced as the runners up in the Latin UK Awards' as second-best Tour Operator of the Year. The company was selected as one of the two top UK travel firms operating in the Latin American market and got to the final round stage where it competed against five other final nominees.
On this year’s edition of The Latin UK Awards, otherwise known as The Lukas, The Holiday Place was selected as one of the five nominees in the Tour Operator of the Year category. The winners have now been announced and the company ended up scooping the runner up award, behind the declared winner, Journey Latin America.
While the company didn’t achieve the overall winning position, being declared runner up is no mean feat, as The Holiday Place are the UK’s number one specialist in travel to Cuba, while Journey Latin America, is a more generic tour operator, comprising the most extensive list of destinations in Latin America, to a wider range of destinations in that continent. So, to be considered among the best, second only to a larger tour operator operating in wider Latin American market, is a big recognition to be really proud of.
Other nominees in the Tour Operator of the Year 2014 category included Steamond Travel, Key 2 Cuba and Soliman Travel, all of these representing the Latin American market in the UK.
Sponsored by Air Europa, the Latin UK Awards (LUKAS) are the world’s only and first ever awards ceremony to recognise the contribution of the approximately one million Latin American, Portuguese and Spanish residents in the UK. Celebrating all things Latino in Britain, this colourful and entertaining event shows the country’s growing passion for this passionate continent and its vibrant Hispanic nationals.
Now in its third year edition and growing bigger each time, The LUKAS became the most media covered Latin event in the UK in 2013 with international Latin and regional channels covering the event and gala ceremony, such as ESPN and UNIVISON. It included the participation of ballet star Tamara Rojo, David Gilmour from Pink Floyd and fashion designer Vivienne Westwood as presenters and the ceremony reached over 10 million people over the globe.
The highly-acclaimed Cuban ballet dancer, Carlos Acosta has described the event as:
“The most sought after annual Latino event in the UK.”
This year’s ceremony will be held on 30th April and the chosen venue for the gala will be London’s KOKO. The event will be attended by a long list of famous guests including, the details of which will be revealed very soon.
Tickets go on sale shortly, so if this sounds like something you’d like to attend log onto the official Lukas website to keep posted and find out more about The Lukas Gala Ceremony 2014. The Holiday Place will surely be there to collect their well-deserved prize as a recognised, number one Cuba specialist with over 25 years of experience in the Latin market. Other Latin destinations The Holiday Place currently features also include Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Panama, Mexico and the Dominican Republic.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...