Movenpick Hotels and Resorts to expand its portfolio in Vietnam and Philippines
Movenpick Hotels and Resorts is expanding its presence in Asia and will be opening two new hotels in the Philippines and Vietnam. The Movenpick Hotel Makati will be located in the heart of the fashionable Picar Place in Makati city, while the Movenpick Resort and Spa, Quy Nhon will be built on a cliff and will overlook a beach and the South China Sea.
Movenpick Hotels and Resorts has announced its plans to open two new hotels in Vietnam and the Philippines.
The Swiss hospitality company has signed management deals for the new contemporary Movenpick Resort and Spa in Quy Nhon, Vietnam and the Movenpick Hotel Makati, Makati City in the Philippines.
The hotel company's expansion in Asia is part of a plan to have approximately 25 hotels in each of the regions where it currently operates - Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia.
Andreas Mattmuller, the Chief Operating Officer for Movenpick Hotels and Resorts Middle East and Asia, explained:
"We already operate seven hotels in Asia including two in Thailand, two in Vietnam and one each in the Philippines, India and Singapore, but the new properties will bring the number of hotels we have under development in Asia up to 18. Our vision is to operate 25 hotels in the region by 2015."
The Movenpick Resort and Spa, Quy Nhon is due to open at the end of 2015 and will be the hotel management company's third hotel in Vietnam. Located on a cliff overlooking the beach and the South China Sea, the resort will feature contemporary design and will be built to meet high environmentally sustainable standards.
The Quy Nhon property will have 180 guest rooms over nine floors, including 52 cliff and hill villas. The all inclusive resort has an array of upscale amenities such as a lavish spa, gourmet restaurants and stylish bars, swimming pools, a gym, a wedding studio, a boat jetty, 600 square-metre ballrooms, boardrooms and meeting space, and a wind power station.
Vietnam is a country in South East Asian that is steeped in history, heritage and culture and home to an array of breathtaking natural landscapes such as the Marble Mountains, terraced rice fields, huge sandy beaches, and emerald rolling hills.
One of the most popular places to visit in Vietnam is Halong Bay, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that boasts jagged limestone karsts and isles that soar up from calm jade waters.
The second announced property is Movenpick Hotel Makati which will be located in the heart of Makati City's fashionable Picar Place in the Philippines and is scheduled to open in 2016. The property will have 304 guest rooms and 250 residences, plus facilities including a 300-seat restaurant, a panoramic rooftop venue with a bar and entertainment lounge, and a 1,200 square-metre ballroom and several multi-function rooms.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
Feel at one with the surroundings at the beautiful Mango Bay Resort
- Mango Bay has been supporting wildlife at risk (WAR) since 2006, and has even discovered many new species on Phu Quoc Island
- Revitalise your mind, body and spirit with Yoga and Tai Chi on the beach
- Snorkel and scuba dive around the nearby islands with Flipper Diving Club and discover the truly stunning and beautiful world underwater
Experience Vietnam’s unique heritage in Hanoi followed by beachfront bliss on Phu Quoc Island
- Private cooking classes at the Le Veranda Resort Phu Quoc
- Intimate beachfront dining on Phu Quoc Island
- Ideal central location in Hanoi
Join an adventure through Vietnam’s most memorable sights culminating in a tropical island stay
- Time to relax on the stunning beaches and turquoise waters of Phu Quoc tropical island
- Overnight cruise on a traditionally-designed junk boat on Halong Bay with meals included
- Entrance fees for all included sightseeing, meals as per itinerary and local guides included
Explore the most iconic sites of Indochina during the unforgettable Highlights of Indochina, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos - Deluxe Tour
You will visit historical sites of Vietnam, discover the heritage of Laos, and explore the beautiful Angkor Complex in Cambodia.
- Tour around Ben Tre River in Vietnam and enjoy a variety of activities, including a visit to any of coconut processing workshops and riding a motocart through rice fields and vegetable plains.
- Watch the sun rise over the blue waters of tranquil Halong Bay, and then cruise through emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
- Participate in Baci Ceremony, an integral part of the Laos culture, and explore the Luang Prabang Night Market with its handmade textiles and local street food
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. The Essential Vietnam...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches on a tour through the most remarkable...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...