Sofitel to open new five-star hotel in Dubai in May, 2014
Sofitel Luxury Hotels will be expanding its portfolio in the Middle East this spring as it gets ready to open its brand new hotel in Dubai. The Sofitel Dubai Downtown is due to open on 1st May, 2014 and offers a prime location just across the road from the soaring Burj Khalifa and a few hundred metres from the Dubai Shopping Mall.
Sofitel Luxury Hotels will be adding another five-star hotel to its collection this spring with the launch of a brand new hotel in the United Arab Emirates.
The Sofitel Dubai Downtown is scheduled to open its doors on 1st May, 2014 and its prime location in the city of Dubai is expected to attract business and leisure travellers alike.
Situated on Sheikh Zayed Road, just across from the world's tallest building, the Burj Khalifa, the luxury hotel offers spectacular views of this landmark and the Arabian coast. Guests will have easy access to the Dubai Mall metro station which is across the roadand the Dubai Mall which is a few hundred metres away and connected by an air conditioned glass bridge.
Christophe Landais, the COO of Accor HotelServices Middle East, explained:
"The Sofitel Dubai Downtown offers a piece of France in Dubai for luxury travellers. This hotel gracefully blends French art de vivre with local Dubai culture, and is sure to attract discerning travellers as Sofitel Luxury Hotels' portfolio grows continuously around the globe."
Sofitel Dubai Downtown has 350 guest rooms, including 76 suites, which showcase Op Art design and boast beautiful views of the Burj Khalifa and the coastline. The spacious rooms have luxury amenities such as complimentary WI-FI, Nespresso machines, Sofitel's MyBed concept with an extra light duvet and all-feather bed, and marble bathrooms with French Lanvin and Hermes products.
Upscale facilities at the hotel include gourmet restaurants such as The Green Spices that serves Thai culinary delights; The Red Grill steakhouse with a range of meats and French cuts; the all-day dining option, Les Cuisines; and the Parisian-inspired La Patisserie.
Guests can enjoy drinks and cocktails at numerous bars and lounges including the 31 Bar with views of the Burj Khalifa, the Op Art Lobby Bar, and the Above lounge.
The 60-metre infinity Mosaic Pool has loungers so guests can refresh and relax, while the Sofitel So SPA and So FIT centre provides a an array of facilities including a modern gym, spa treatment rooms, two hammams with private baths, a scrub and deep relaxation rooms, and a dry sauna and steam room.
The property is also ideal for events and meetings with 14 meeting room, a full business centre with modern equipment and Inspired Meeting™ planners, and a 600-capacity ballroom with chandeliers ad OP Art design.
This is the Sofitel Luxury Hotel's seventh property to open in the Middle East and it is planning to open two more hotels in Jeddah and Riyadh in the near future.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning views of the Arabian Gulf, includes free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free Wi-Fi
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- Choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4-star,...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...