Sofitel to open new five-star hotel in Dubai in May, 2014
Sofitel Luxury Hotels will be expanding its portfolio in the Middle East this spring as it gets ready to open its brand new hotel in Dubai. The Sofitel Dubai Downtown is due to open on 1st May, 2014 and offers a prime location just across the road from the soaring Burj Khalifa and a few hundred metres from the Dubai Shopping Mall.
Sofitel Luxury Hotels will be adding another five-star hotel to its collection this spring with the launch of a brand new hotel in the United Arab Emirates.
The Sofitel Dubai Downtown is scheduled to open its doors on 1st May, 2014 and its prime location in the city of Dubai is expected to attract business and leisure travellers alike.
Situated on Sheikh Zayed Road, just across from the world's tallest building, the Burj Khalifa, the luxury hotel offers spectacular views of this landmark and the Arabian coast. Guests will have easy access to the Dubai Mall metro station which is across the roadand the Dubai Mall which is a few hundred metres away and connected by an air conditioned glass bridge.
Christophe Landais, the COO of Accor HotelServices Middle East, explained:
"The Sofitel Dubai Downtown offers a piece of France in Dubai for luxury travellers. This hotel gracefully blends French art de vivre with local Dubai culture, and is sure to attract discerning travellers as Sofitel Luxury Hotels' portfolio grows continuously around the globe."
Sofitel Dubai Downtown has 350 guest rooms, including 76 suites, which showcase Op Art design and boast beautiful views of the Burj Khalifa and the coastline. The spacious rooms have luxury amenities such as complimentary WI-FI, Nespresso machines, Sofitel's MyBed concept with an extra light duvet and all-feather bed, and marble bathrooms with French Lanvin and Hermes products.
Upscale facilities at the hotel include gourmet restaurants such as The Green Spices that serves Thai culinary delights; The Red Grill steakhouse with a range of meats and French cuts; the all-day dining option, Les Cuisines; and the Parisian-inspired La Patisserie.
Guests can enjoy drinks and cocktails at numerous bars and lounges including the 31 Bar with views of the Burj Khalifa, the Op Art Lobby Bar, and the Above lounge.
The 60-metre infinity Mosaic Pool has loungers so guests can refresh and relax, while the Sofitel So SPA and So FIT centre provides a an array of facilities including a modern gym, spa treatment rooms, two hammams with private baths, a scrub and deep relaxation rooms, and a dry sauna and steam room.
The property is also ideal for events and meetings with 14 meeting room, a full business centre with modern equipment and Inspired Meeting™ planners, and a 600-capacity ballroom with chandeliers ad OP Art design.
This is the Sofitel Luxury Hotel's seventh property to open in the Middle East and it is planning to open two more hotels in Jeddah and Riyadh in the near future.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
For an affordable luxury holiday on Dubai's iconic The Palm, head for Sofitel and take the whole family with you, they'll love it
- Boasting a Roof Top Swimming Pool
- Free high-speed internet and wifi
- Located by the famous Jumeirah Marina and close to shops, restaurants, bars and the Emirates Shopping Mall
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...