JA Resorts And Hotels acquires Maldives resort in Northern Haa Alifu Atoll
JA Resorts and Hotels will be adding a hotel in the Indian Ocean to its portfolio after buying an all-inclusive resort in the Maldives. The property is located Northern Haa Alifu Atoll and the hotel group will be taking it over on 28th March, 2014 and officially rebrand it as JA Manafaru later this year.
The Dubai-based hotel group JA Resorts and Hotels has added a new Indian Ocean property to its collection after acquiring a hotel in the Maldives.
The hotel company will be taking over the resort in the Northern Haa Alifu Atoll in the Maldives on 28th March, 2014 and will officially rebrand the hotel as the JA Manafaru later this year.
Guests will arrive at the 84-room resort via 75-minute seaplane transfer from Male International Airport where they will be able to enjoy a range of upscale facilities and breathtaking natural scenery.
The all-inclusive beach resort will have spacious water villas and beach villas, as well as eight gourmet restaurants and bars, a lavish spa and beauty centre, an extensive children's entertainment centre, and a water sports and PADI dive centre.
David Thomson, the Chief Operating Officer of JA Resorts and Hotels, stated:
"The JA Manafaru is the first in a series of leisure properties the company planned on launching in the future. We are looking to grow our exciting portfolio of luxury properties in line with a world-wide strategic growth plan. We are now well-placed to explore a wider set of business opportunities and geographies."
He added that the luxury Maldives resort will complement its existing property in the Indian Ocean, the Enchanted Island Resort in the Seychelles.
According to a spokesperson from JA Resorts and Hotels, the all-inclusive rates will be announced at a later date and will include the seaplane transfer, non-motorised water sports activities and access to the children's entertainment and care area.
JA Resorts and Hotels is a hospitality group based in Dubai that was established in 1981 and owns and operates luxury properties in Dubai and now the Indian Ocean.
The Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited. The nation is a hotspot for nature lovers, couples and families who want to soak up the breathtaking landscapes and tropical climate.
Holidaymakers can enjoy snorkelling, scuba diving, boat trips, hiking through tropical forests and relaxing on unspoilt white sugar sand beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees and turquoise ocean waters.
The crystal clear ocean is home to an abundance of tropical marine creatures including turtles, stingrays, dolphins, whale sharks, zebra sharks, manta rays, angel fish, clown fish, butterfly fish and parrot fish.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
All villas are surrounded by palm trees or on stilts over the lagoon, making for a memorable stay.
- Free Upgarde from Half Board to All Inclusive! Book Now!
- Set on the tropical island of Dhuni Kolhu surrounded by warm waters of the Indian Ocean, and located only 30 minutes by sea plane from Male International Airport.
- Witness schools of dolphins playing in the azure waters or try fishing in the traditional Maldivian way while enjoying breath-taking sunset
- Find a state of relaxation with a variety of different treatments and massages created to indulge personal desires for well-being
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....