JA Resorts And Hotels acquires Maldives resort in Northern Haa Alifu Atoll
JA Resorts and Hotels will be adding a hotel in the Indian Ocean to its portfolio after buying an all-inclusive resort in the Maldives. The property is located Northern Haa Alifu Atoll and the hotel group will be taking it over on 28th March, 2014 and officially rebrand it as JA Manafaru later this year.
The Dubai-based hotel group JA Resorts and Hotels has added a new Indian Ocean property to its collection after acquiring a hotel in the Maldives.
The hotel company will be taking over the resort in the Northern Haa Alifu Atoll in the Maldives on 28th March, 2014 and will officially rebrand the hotel as the JA Manafaru later this year.
Guests will arrive at the 84-room resort via 75-minute seaplane transfer from Male International Airport where they will be able to enjoy a range of upscale facilities and breathtaking natural scenery.
The all-inclusive beach resort will have spacious water villas and beach villas, as well as eight gourmet restaurants and bars, a lavish spa and beauty centre, an extensive children's entertainment centre, and a water sports and PADI dive centre.
David Thomson, the Chief Operating Officer of JA Resorts and Hotels, stated:
"The JA Manafaru is the first in a series of leisure properties the company planned on launching in the future. We are looking to grow our exciting portfolio of luxury properties in line with a world-wide strategic growth plan. We are now well-placed to explore a wider set of business opportunities and geographies."
He added that the luxury Maldives resort will complement its existing property in the Indian Ocean, the Enchanted Island Resort in the Seychelles.
According to a spokesperson from JA Resorts and Hotels, the all-inclusive rates will be announced at a later date and will include the seaplane transfer, non-motorised water sports activities and access to the children's entertainment and care area.
JA Resorts and Hotels is a hospitality group based in Dubai that was established in 1981 and owns and operates luxury properties in Dubai and now the Indian Ocean.
The Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited. The nation is a hotspot for nature lovers, couples and families who want to soak up the breathtaking landscapes and tropical climate.
Holidaymakers can enjoy snorkelling, scuba diving, boat trips, hiking through tropical forests and relaxing on unspoilt white sugar sand beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees and turquoise ocean waters.
The crystal clear ocean is home to an abundance of tropical marine creatures including turtles, stingrays, dolphins, whale sharks, zebra sharks, manta rays, angel fish, clown fish, butterfly fish and parrot fish.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Benifit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters also featuring private sun decks
- The Main Restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western fare
- Easy acces to capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Bask in the crystal waters of the Indian Ocean with this stunning Maldivian hideaway
- Explore the local reef with an expert guide
- Experience the true Maldivian way of life with a local family
- Indulge your senses with serene tranquillity at the Spa
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...