JW Marriott Marquis Dubai officially opened Tower 2
After the successful opening of Tower 1 in November 2012, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has officially opened Tower 2. The second tower in Dubai offers an additional 294 luxurious rooms that are currently available, and once it is fully operational by the end of the year, it will offer a total of 804 guest rooms and suites.
The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has announced the official opening of its second tower, two years after the resort's launch and opening of Tower 1.
Tower 2 has opened 294 of its 804 luxurious suites, the rest of which will be open later this year, and the structure of the building is identical to Tower 1 at the unique Dubai resort.
The property is owned by the Emirates Group and is the world's tallest hotel, standing at 355 metres, just 26 metres less than the Empire State Building in New York.
The second tower's contemporary guest rooms and suites have been designed to cater for luxury business travellers who will also have access to the hotel's new lounge.
There is also a two tier function space on the 72nd floor that offers a unique venue for meetings thanks to its stunning views of the Dubai skyline.
Bill Keffer, the hotel manager for the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, explained:
"The second tower opening has opened at an important time in Dubai's development; recent reports from Dubai Tourism and Commerce Marketing predict that by 2020, Dubai will receive around 20 million visitors per year. This is due to the country's growing prominence as a MICE destination on the world stage and the recent Expo 2020 win."
"In light of this we are confident our hotel is in a strong position to cater for the increased number of visitors, particularly because our conference and event facilities are equipped to host over 1,000 people to meet, dine and stay."
Once fully opened at the end of 2014, the five-star Dubai hotel will have a total of 1,608 hotel suites and rooms; nine gourmet restaurants serving international culinary delights; six elegant lounges and bars; the lavish Saray Spa; and 8,500square-metres of event and meeting space including two ballrooms and 22 boardrooms.
Located in the city's Business Bay district, guests will have easy access to the Dubai World Trade Centre, the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre and Dubai International Airport (DXB).
The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai will also be hosting the World Travel Awards Middle East Gala Ceremony 2014 on 4th May which celebrates the best travel organisations and companies across the Middle East and United Arab Emirates.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...