AMResorts increasing its presence in the Caribbean
AMResorts have announced two new hotels in the Caribbean region- the recently acquired Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres in Cancun Mexico and a 450 room property which is being built in Panama City. The Panama City hotel is AMResorts' first in the country and is set to launch at the end of this year. Both hotels are part of AMResorts wider international growth strategy as it seeks to bolster its position in the all inclusive Caribbean hotels market.
US based hotel group AMResorts is moving full speed ahead with its international expansion plans recently announcing the acquisition of one hotel in Cancun- the Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres which will be rebranded as the Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres and the construction of its very first property in Panama which will located in Panama City's Buenaventura beach community.
The addition of these two hotels increased AMResorts portfolio to 40 properties across 15 markets including some of the Caribbean region's most popular holiday destinations notably, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Costa Rica, Curacao and now Panama.
The 35 room Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun resort is set to launch in mid December 2014 and will be the fourth Zoetry Wellness Spa in the Mexican Caribbean and AMResorts's 26th hotel in Mexico. However, it is AMResorts' 450 room resort in Panama City that has group executives and the executives at its parent company- Apple Leisure group, the most excited.
Panama's Tourism Authority reported a 5.6 per cent year on year increase in the number of visitors to the Central American country in 2013. With Panama's tourism industry growing each year and improvements in air connectivity with Europe and North America the timing is ideal for AMResorts to break into this market.
"Dreams Buenaventura Panama Resort and Spa is a milestone transaction that not only showcases the breadth and strength of our resort brand portfolio, it also exemplifies our mission to establish AMResorts' hospitality excellence in new and highly desirable leisure markets such as Panama"
Explained Alejandro Zozaya, CEO of Apple Leisure Group.
Apple Leisure Group's Chief Strategy Officer Javier Coll noted the importance of these two new hotels to AMResorts' strategic position in the all inclusive resort industry when he said:
"Our venture into this exciting new destination, combined with robust efforts to expand our footprint in existing markets, is a strategic move that will yield significant returns and bolster overall market share within the competitive all-inclusive resort industry".
With these announcements representing the sixth property that group has secured in just one year, AMResorts is certainly making waves in the hospitality industry.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 30th Apr
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...
Centro Barsha combines style, warmth and convenience with a splash of elegant creativity to provide guests with more...