Challenge course opens on Treasure Beach in Jamaica
The first phase of a team-building challenge course has been opened on the popular Treasure Beach on the south coast of Jamaica. The General Colin Powell Challenge Course is situated within the Treasure Beach Sports Park and Academy and puts visitors through a series of physical and mental challenges on obstacles including a 45-foot climbing wall and five low-rope elements.
Tourists who are seeking adventure activities during their stay in the Caribbean can now enjoy a new team-building challenge course on the island of Jamaica.
The first phase of the General Colin Powell Challenge Course opened on Treasure beach last week and features five low-rope elements and a 45-foot climbing wall that puts visitors through a series of physical and mental challenges.
Located within the Treasure Beach Sports Park and Academy on the south coast of Jamaica, the course was named after the former U.S Secretary of State, Colin Powell, whose parents came from the region.
John Lynch, the Director for Tourism for Jamaica, commented:
"The course provides us with an opportunity to promote the south coast and its offerings. As we increase our efforts to further develop our product to add to the appeal of the destination, visitors to Treasure Beach now can take advantage of group activities being offered in Treasure Beach."
The assault course was built by volunteers and members of the Jamaica Defence Force, and it has already providing adventure days for corporate teams and youth groups.
Treasure beach is an area that is home to four coves: Billy's Bay, Frenchman's Bay, Calabash Bay and Great Pedro Bay.
Unlike the rest of Jamaica's more built-up areas like Montego Bay, Ocho Rios and Negril, Treasure Beach is a low-key tourist area with a traditional fishing and farming community and unspoilt natural landscapes.
The island nation of Jamaica is located in the Caribbean Sea and it is one of the world's leading tourist destinations. With white sandy beaches fringed with azure warm ocean waters, soaring mountains, cascading waterfalls, and lush rolling green hills and forests, the region is a hotspot for tourists of all ages.
The country is brimming with natural wonders including Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, lush botanical gardens, and the soaring Blue Mountains. Holidaymakers can also enjoy visits to the famous Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and the large historic sugar plantations.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Book and save over £500 per family with discounted rates for 2017 and 2018 and up to 2 Kids stay FREE
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury with that special someone when you visit Jamaica.
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Have an enjoyable evening with the nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- This adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility
- Enjoy endless daytime activities such snorkelling, sailing, basketball, introductory scuba lessons & more
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Club Ambiance's All Inclusive Resort & Spa is an adult's only resort offering 85 bright and spacious rooms. Each room...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...