Challenge course opens on Treasure Beach in Jamaica
The first phase of a team-building challenge course has been opened on the popular Treasure Beach on the south coast of Jamaica. The General Colin Powell Challenge Course is situated within the Treasure Beach Sports Park and Academy and puts visitors through a series of physical and mental challenges on obstacles including a 45-foot climbing wall and five low-rope elements.
Tourists who are seeking adventure activities during their stay in the Caribbean can now enjoy a new team-building challenge course on the island of Jamaica.
The first phase of the General Colin Powell Challenge Course opened on Treasure beach last week and features five low-rope elements and a 45-foot climbing wall that puts visitors through a series of physical and mental challenges.
Located within the Treasure Beach Sports Park and Academy on the south coast of Jamaica, the course was named after the former U.S Secretary of State, Colin Powell, whose parents came from the region.
John Lynch, the Director for Tourism for Jamaica, commented:
"The course provides us with an opportunity to promote the south coast and its offerings. As we increase our efforts to further develop our product to add to the appeal of the destination, visitors to Treasure Beach now can take advantage of group activities being offered in Treasure Beach."
The assault course was built by volunteers and members of the Jamaica Defence Force, and it has already providing adventure days for corporate teams and youth groups.
Treasure beach is an area that is home to four coves: Billy's Bay, Frenchman's Bay, Calabash Bay and Great Pedro Bay.
Unlike the rest of Jamaica's more built-up areas like Montego Bay, Ocho Rios and Negril, Treasure Beach is a low-key tourist area with a traditional fishing and farming community and unspoilt natural landscapes.
The island nation of Jamaica is located in the Caribbean Sea and it is one of the world's leading tourist destinations. With white sandy beaches fringed with azure warm ocean waters, soaring mountains, cascading waterfalls, and lush rolling green hills and forests, the region is a hotspot for tourists of all ages.
The country is brimming with natural wonders including Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, lush botanical gardens, and the soaring Blue Mountains. Holidaymakers can also enjoy visits to the famous Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and the large historic sugar plantations.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Metro Offer: Book and Save upto £100 per person!
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Summer just got better with upto two kids stay and play for FREE!
- Book now and take advantage of a fantastic room upgrade from a Deluxe Room to a Deluxe Ocean View Room
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...