World Travel Award Grand Tour to kick off in Dubai in May
The World Travel Awards will be starting its global Grand Tour this spring and its first stop will be at the world's tallest hotel in Dubai. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai will be hosting the Middle East Gala Ceremony 2014 on 4th May, 2014 to recognise the region's leading travel, tourism and hospitality organisations.
The "Oscars of the travel industry" will be starting their global tour this spring as the first stop of the World Travel Awards Grand Tour is announced.
The World Travel Awards Middle East Gala Ceremony 2014 will be taking place at the world's tallest hotel, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai on 4th May, 2014.
The regional ceremony marks the start of the global tour that will recognise the world's leading travel tourism and hospitality organisations across seven continents.
Voting is now open for the Middle East awards and both travel industry professionals and the general public can vote for their favourite travel companies, hotels, airlines and organisations across the United Arab Emirates and the Middle East.
Graham E Cooke, the President and Founder of the World Travel Awards, explained:
"I am delighted we will be returning to Dubai for what promises to be the most exciting and competitive Middle East Ceremony yet. The emirate is a hotbed of fresh ideas being put into practice, as exemplified by our host, JW Marriott Marquis Dubai. This landmark hotel has catapulted Dubai into the major league of conventions and events destinations."
JW Marriott Marquis Dubai is a five-star hotel in Dubai and owned by the Emirate Group. The hotel soars 355 metres into the sky above the city's business district and holds the Guinness World Record as the "World's Tallest Hotel".
The luxury hotel has two iconic towers and guests can dine at 13 gourmet restaurants, bars and lounges; relax in the luxurious Saray Spa; and attend conferences and events in 4,015 square meters of meeting and event space, including two ballrooms and 22 boardrooms.
Bill Keffer, the Hotel Manager of JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, concluded:
"We are delighted to be hosting World Travel Awards in 2014. As the 2013 winner of ‘World's Leading New Hotel', this is a great opportunity for us to showcase why we were chosen and why Dubai really is a remarkable city and forward thinking hub for the hospitality and travel business. It's wonderful to be associated with such prestigious awards, and to be part of constantly evolving and competitive industry and destination."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
The location on the world famous, Palm Jumeirah, provides superb access to white sandy beaches.
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine West Crescent of Dubai’s iconic Palm Jumeirah
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- FREE Half Board upgrade
- Up to two kids stay and play FREE
Intercontinental Mauritius + Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most picturesque parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4-star,...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...