World Travel Award Grand Tour to kick off in Dubai in May
The World Travel Awards will be starting its global Grand Tour this spring and its first stop will be at the world's tallest hotel in Dubai. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai will be hosting the Middle East Gala Ceremony 2014 on 4th May, 2014 to recognise the region's leading travel, tourism and hospitality organisations.
The "Oscars of the travel industry" will be starting their global tour this spring as the first stop of the World Travel Awards Grand Tour is announced.
The World Travel Awards Middle East Gala Ceremony 2014 will be taking place at the world's tallest hotel, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai on 4th May, 2014.
The regional ceremony marks the start of the global tour that will recognise the world's leading travel tourism and hospitality organisations across seven continents.
Voting is now open for the Middle East awards and both travel industry professionals and the general public can vote for their favourite travel companies, hotels, airlines and organisations across the United Arab Emirates and the Middle East.
Graham E Cooke, the President and Founder of the World Travel Awards, explained:
"I am delighted we will be returning to Dubai for what promises to be the most exciting and competitive Middle East Ceremony yet. The emirate is a hotbed of fresh ideas being put into practice, as exemplified by our host, JW Marriott Marquis Dubai. This landmark hotel has catapulted Dubai into the major league of conventions and events destinations."
JW Marriott Marquis Dubai is a five-star hotel in Dubai and owned by the Emirate Group. The hotel soars 355 metres into the sky above the city's business district and holds the Guinness World Record as the "World's Tallest Hotel".
The luxury hotel has two iconic towers and guests can dine at 13 gourmet restaurants, bars and lounges; relax in the luxurious Saray Spa; and attend conferences and events in 4,015 square meters of meeting and event space, including two ballrooms and 22 boardrooms.
Bill Keffer, the Hotel Manager of JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, concluded:
"We are delighted to be hosting World Travel Awards in 2014. As the 2013 winner of ‘World's Leading New Hotel', this is a great opportunity for us to showcase why we were chosen and why Dubai really is a remarkable city and forward thinking hub for the hospitality and travel business. It's wonderful to be associated with such prestigious awards, and to be part of constantly evolving and competitive industry and destination."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
For an affordable luxury holiday on Dubai's iconic The Palm, head for Sofitel and take the whole family with you, they'll love it
- Boasting a Roof Top Swimming Pool
- Free high-speed internet and wifi
- Located by the famous Jumeirah Marina and close to shops, restaurants, bars and the Emirates Shopping Mall
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...