World Travel Award Grand Tour to kick off in Dubai in May
The World Travel Awards will be starting its global Grand Tour this spring and its first stop will be at the world's tallest hotel in Dubai. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai will be hosting the Middle East Gala Ceremony 2014 on 4th May, 2014 to recognise the region's leading travel, tourism and hospitality organisations.
The "Oscars of the travel industry" will be starting their global tour this spring as the first stop of the World Travel Awards Grand Tour is announced.
The World Travel Awards Middle East Gala Ceremony 2014 will be taking place at the world's tallest hotel, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai on 4th May, 2014.
The regional ceremony marks the start of the global tour that will recognise the world's leading travel tourism and hospitality organisations across seven continents.
Voting is now open for the Middle East awards and both travel industry professionals and the general public can vote for their favourite travel companies, hotels, airlines and organisations across the United Arab Emirates and the Middle East.
Graham E Cooke, the President and Founder of the World Travel Awards, explained:
"I am delighted we will be returning to Dubai for what promises to be the most exciting and competitive Middle East Ceremony yet. The emirate is a hotbed of fresh ideas being put into practice, as exemplified by our host, JW Marriott Marquis Dubai. This landmark hotel has catapulted Dubai into the major league of conventions and events destinations."
JW Marriott Marquis Dubai is a five-star hotel in Dubai and owned by the Emirate Group. The hotel soars 355 metres into the sky above the city's business district and holds the Guinness World Record as the "World's Tallest Hotel".
The luxury hotel has two iconic towers and guests can dine at 13 gourmet restaurants, bars and lounges; relax in the luxurious Saray Spa; and attend conferences and events in 4,015 square meters of meeting and event space, including two ballrooms and 22 boardrooms.
Bill Keffer, the Hotel Manager of JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, concluded:
"We are delighted to be hosting World Travel Awards in 2014. As the 2013 winner of ‘World's Leading New Hotel', this is a great opportunity for us to showcase why we were chosen and why Dubai really is a remarkable city and forward thinking hub for the hospitality and travel business. It's wonderful to be associated with such prestigious awards, and to be part of constantly evolving and competitive industry and destination."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Discover the impressive opulence of Dubai's skyline matched only by the views across the Arabian Gulf
Impeccable service combined with comfort and luxury with stunning views of Downtown Dubai
- A landmark hotel located in Deira, Dubai's historic district with stunning views over the city!
- Incredible bars, clubs and restaurants, including hip and trendy Sho Cho that's been taking Dubai's fashion set by storm.
- There are plenty of sightseeing and historical places to visit within walking distance
Relax and enjoy your stay at this five-star resort excellent choice for families
- Enjoy many additional complimentary benefits when staying in the newly refurbished superior rooms
- First child stay free on bed and breakfast up to the age of 14 when sharing with parents
- Amazing choice of award winning restaurants and bars
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free WIFI
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...