Tom Jones sings at 16th Habano Festival in Havana, Cuba
Welsh pop star Tom Jones took part in the 16th Habano Festival in Cuba last week to sing his world-famous songs. This was the singer's first visit to the Caribbean island and during his time he visited Cuba's National Ballet School and the El Laguito cigar factory, which is home to the renowned Cohiba habanos.
Tom Jones, the world-class singer from Wales, visited the Caribbean island of Cuba for the first time last week to take part in the famous annual cigar festival.
The singer attended the 16th Habano Festival in Havana, Cuba and he entertained the audience at a gala dinner on the final night with his classic hits such as It's Not Unusual, Help Yourself and a personal version of Besame Mucho.
Speaking about the Cuban cigars during his debut visit to the island, the British singer said:
"I've been a great habano fan since the 1960s and I still am."
Tom Jones, whose real name is Sir Thomas John Woodward, has had a long musical career with more than 100 million albums sold in countries across the world.
He is currently starring on the BBC1 TV show, The Voice, alongside Kylie Minogue, Will.i.am, and Ricky Wilson from the Kaiser Chiefs, where he is a judge and mentor to his team of aspiring singers.
During his time in Cuba, Jones visited Cuba's National Ballet School and the El Laguito cigar factory, which is home to the famous Cohiba habanos.
The Habano Festival is an annual commercial fair for Cuban cigar enthusiasts. The event showcases the history of the century-old tradition of Cuban cigar culture and visitors can enjoy tastings, tours of cigar factories, seminars, dinners, and master classes in Cigar Hand Rolling techniques.
Cuba is located in the Caribbean Sea south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico. The island is rich in culture and heritage and is home to beautiful white and golden sand beaches, verdant nature parks, and turquoise warm ocean waters that are home to the world's second largest barrier reef and are thriving with tropical fish and beautiful marine creatures.
The country's capital Havana is a vibrant city bursting with history and authentic Cuban charm. The Parque Central offers fragrant gardens and peaceful surroundings, while Old Havana boasts baroque and neo-classical architecture and historical piazzas and cobbled streets.
There are many cultural events to enjoy all year round including the Havana International Ballet Festival, the Havana International Film Festival, and the Havana Jazz Festival which features performances from Cuba's finest musicians and international artists.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Exclusive Free Havana city tour, visiting Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Nov
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...