Tom Jones sings at 16th Habano Festival in Havana, Cuba
Welsh pop star Tom Jones took part in the 16th Habano Festival in Cuba last week to sing his world-famous songs. This was the singer's first visit to the Caribbean island and during his time he visited Cuba's National Ballet School and the El Laguito cigar factory, which is home to the renowned Cohiba habanos.
Tom Jones, the world-class singer from Wales, visited the Caribbean island of Cuba for the first time last week to take part in the famous annual cigar festival.
The singer attended the 16th Habano Festival in Havana, Cuba and he entertained the audience at a gala dinner on the final night with his classic hits such as It's Not Unusual, Help Yourself and a personal version of Besame Mucho.
Speaking about the Cuban cigars during his debut visit to the island, the British singer said:
"I've been a great habano fan since the 1960s and I still am."
Tom Jones, whose real name is Sir Thomas John Woodward, has had a long musical career with more than 100 million albums sold in countries across the world.
He is currently starring on the BBC1 TV show, The Voice, alongside Kylie Minogue, Will.i.am, and Ricky Wilson from the Kaiser Chiefs, where he is a judge and mentor to his team of aspiring singers.
During his time in Cuba, Jones visited Cuba's National Ballet School and the El Laguito cigar factory, which is home to the famous Cohiba habanos.
The Habano Festival is an annual commercial fair for Cuban cigar enthusiasts. The event showcases the history of the century-old tradition of Cuban cigar culture and visitors can enjoy tastings, tours of cigar factories, seminars, dinners, and master classes in Cigar Hand Rolling techniques.
Cuba is located in the Caribbean Sea south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico. The island is rich in culture and heritage and is home to beautiful white and golden sand beaches, verdant nature parks, and turquoise warm ocean waters that are home to the world's second largest barrier reef and are thriving with tropical fish and beautiful marine creatures.
The country's capital Havana is a vibrant city bursting with history and authentic Cuban charm. The Parque Central offers fragrant gardens and peaceful surroundings, while Old Havana boasts baroque and neo-classical architecture and historical piazzas and cobbled streets.
There are many cultural events to enjoy all year round including the Havana International Ballet Festival, the Havana International Film Festival, and the Havana Jazz Festival which features performances from Cuba's finest musicians and international artists.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...