Tom Jones sings at 16th Habano Festival in Havana, Cuba
Welsh pop star Tom Jones took part in the 16th Habano Festival in Cuba last week to sing his world-famous songs. This was the singer's first visit to the Caribbean island and during his time he visited Cuba's National Ballet School and the El Laguito cigar factory, which is home to the renowned Cohiba habanos.
Tom Jones, the world-class singer from Wales, visited the Caribbean island of Cuba for the first time last week to take part in the famous annual cigar festival.
The singer attended the 16th Habano Festival in Havana, Cuba and he entertained the audience at a gala dinner on the final night with his classic hits such as It's Not Unusual, Help Yourself and a personal version of Besame Mucho.
Speaking about the Cuban cigars during his debut visit to the island, the British singer said:
"I've been a great habano fan since the 1960s and I still am."
Tom Jones, whose real name is Sir Thomas John Woodward, has had a long musical career with more than 100 million albums sold in countries across the world.
He is currently starring on the BBC1 TV show, The Voice, alongside Kylie Minogue, Will.i.am, and Ricky Wilson from the Kaiser Chiefs, where he is a judge and mentor to his team of aspiring singers.
During his time in Cuba, Jones visited Cuba's National Ballet School and the El Laguito cigar factory, which is home to the famous Cohiba habanos.
The Habano Festival is an annual commercial fair for Cuban cigar enthusiasts. The event showcases the history of the century-old tradition of Cuban cigar culture and visitors can enjoy tastings, tours of cigar factories, seminars, dinners, and master classes in Cigar Hand Rolling techniques.
Cuba is located in the Caribbean Sea south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico. The island is rich in culture and heritage and is home to beautiful white and golden sand beaches, verdant nature parks, and turquoise warm ocean waters that are home to the world's second largest barrier reef and are thriving with tropical fish and beautiful marine creatures.
The country's capital Havana is a vibrant city bursting with history and authentic Cuban charm. The Parque Central offers fragrant gardens and peaceful surroundings, while Old Havana boasts baroque and neo-classical architecture and historical piazzas and cobbled streets.
There are many cultural events to enjoy all year round including the Havana International Ballet Festival, the Havana International Film Festival, and the Havana Jazz Festival which features performances from Cuba's finest musicians and international artists.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...