Tom Jones sings at 16th Habano Festival in Havana, Cuba
Welsh pop star Tom Jones took part in the 16th Habano Festival in Cuba last week to sing his world-famous songs. This was the singer's first visit to the Caribbean island and during his time he visited Cuba's National Ballet School and the El Laguito cigar factory, which is home to the renowned Cohiba habanos.
Tom Jones, the world-class singer from Wales, visited the Caribbean island of Cuba for the first time last week to take part in the famous annual cigar festival.
The singer attended the 16th Habano Festival in Havana, Cuba and he entertained the audience at a gala dinner on the final night with his classic hits such as It's Not Unusual, Help Yourself and a personal version of Besame Mucho.
Speaking about the Cuban cigars during his debut visit to the island, the British singer said:
"I've been a great habano fan since the 1960s and I still am."
Tom Jones, whose real name is Sir Thomas John Woodward, has had a long musical career with more than 100 million albums sold in countries across the world.
He is currently starring on the BBC1 TV show, The Voice, alongside Kylie Minogue, Will.i.am, and Ricky Wilson from the Kaiser Chiefs, where he is a judge and mentor to his team of aspiring singers.
During his time in Cuba, Jones visited Cuba's National Ballet School and the El Laguito cigar factory, which is home to the famous Cohiba habanos.
The Habano Festival is an annual commercial fair for Cuban cigar enthusiasts. The event showcases the history of the century-old tradition of Cuban cigar culture and visitors can enjoy tastings, tours of cigar factories, seminars, dinners, and master classes in Cigar Hand Rolling techniques.
Cuba is located in the Caribbean Sea south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico. The island is rich in culture and heritage and is home to beautiful white and golden sand beaches, verdant nature parks, and turquoise warm ocean waters that are home to the world's second largest barrier reef and are thriving with tropical fish and beautiful marine creatures.
The country's capital Havana is a vibrant city bursting with history and authentic Cuban charm. The Parque Central offers fragrant gardens and peaceful surroundings, while Old Havana boasts baroque and neo-classical architecture and historical piazzas and cobbled streets.
There are many cultural events to enjoy all year round including the Havana International Ballet Festival, the Havana International Film Festival, and the Havana Jazz Festival which features performances from Cuba's finest musicians and international artists.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...