Tom Jones sings at 16th Habano Festival in Havana, Cuba
Welsh pop star Tom Jones took part in the 16th Habano Festival in Cuba last week to sing his world-famous songs. This was the singer's first visit to the Caribbean island and during his time he visited Cuba's National Ballet School and the El Laguito cigar factory, which is home to the renowned Cohiba habanos.
Tom Jones, the world-class singer from Wales, visited the Caribbean island of Cuba for the first time last week to take part in the famous annual cigar festival.
The singer attended the 16th Habano Festival in Havana, Cuba and he entertained the audience at a gala dinner on the final night with his classic hits such as It's Not Unusual, Help Yourself and a personal version of Besame Mucho.
Speaking about the Cuban cigars during his debut visit to the island, the British singer said:
"I've been a great habano fan since the 1960s and I still am."
Tom Jones, whose real name is Sir Thomas John Woodward, has had a long musical career with more than 100 million albums sold in countries across the world.
He is currently starring on the BBC1 TV show, The Voice, alongside Kylie Minogue, Will.i.am, and Ricky Wilson from the Kaiser Chiefs, where he is a judge and mentor to his team of aspiring singers.
During his time in Cuba, Jones visited Cuba's National Ballet School and the El Laguito cigar factory, which is home to the famous Cohiba habanos.
The Habano Festival is an annual commercial fair for Cuban cigar enthusiasts. The event showcases the history of the century-old tradition of Cuban cigar culture and visitors can enjoy tastings, tours of cigar factories, seminars, dinners, and master classes in Cigar Hand Rolling techniques.
Cuba is located in the Caribbean Sea south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico. The island is rich in culture and heritage and is home to beautiful white and golden sand beaches, verdant nature parks, and turquoise warm ocean waters that are home to the world's second largest barrier reef and are thriving with tropical fish and beautiful marine creatures.
The country's capital Havana is a vibrant city bursting with history and authentic Cuban charm. The Parque Central offers fragrant gardens and peaceful surroundings, while Old Havana boasts baroque and neo-classical architecture and historical piazzas and cobbled streets.
There are many cultural events to enjoy all year round including the Havana International Ballet Festival, the Havana International Film Festival, and the Havana Jazz Festival which features performances from Cuba's finest musicians and international artists.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Stay in two top ranked hotels on a twin centre holiday that blends luxury and historically perfectly to create a holiday of a lifetime
- Take advantage of an amazing room upgrade from a Standard Room to a Sea View Room at NH Capri
- Stay in two of the top ranked hotels in Cuba, perfectly paired to offer you a holiday like no other
- Royalton Hicacos is a luxurious resort located one of the finest beaches in Varadero where there is a little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa and activity program
- NH Capri is located in the heart of cultural Havana and is embroiled in history being one of the most popular hotels with the gangsters of the 1950’s
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...