Cuba received more than 84,000 Mexicans tourists in 2013
Alicia Perez, the Tourism Counsellor at Cuba's embassy has announced that approximately 84,700 Mexican tourists visited Cuba in 2013, marking an 8.1 per cent increase. The tourism official said that the Caribbean island nation is expecting to receive 100,000 Mexican holidaymakers by the end of this year.
The Caribbean island of Cuba received over 84,000 visitors from Mexico in 2013 according to the Tourism Counsellor of Cuba's Embassy, Alicia Perez.
The arrivals mark an 8.1 per cent growth compared to previous years and the tourism official said that Cuba is expecting to record approximately 100,000 tourists from Mexico by the end of 2014.
Perez said that Cuba's Tourism Office will increase its promotion of the island as well as it increase air transportation between the two countries to make it easier for visitors to travel to the island's beach resorts and historic cities.
Additional flights to Cuba will be added by Cubana de Aviacion, Aeromexico and Interjet airlines for Holy Week and charter flights with Aeromexico from Monterrey and Mexico City will also be available.
Last year, more than two million holidaymakers visited Cuba with the majority originating from Canada and Europe.
The Caribbean island has plenty of beautiful landscapes and sites for international visitors to enjoy, such as miles of pristine beaches, the second largest coral reef in the world, 14 thriving national parks, six world biosphere reserves, 236 protected areas, historic towns and cities, and ancient ruins.
Some of the most popular tourist destinations include Havana, the city's bustling capital; Varadero, the beach resort town; and Jardines del Rey, a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling.
The city of Havana boasts an array of tourist hotspots including the Malecon, a promenade that runs along the main streets of Havana and offers beautiful views of the bay; the Catedral de San Cristobal; the maritime museum, Castillo de la Real Fuerza; the Old Town, a UNESCO site with restored buildings and the tourist square, Plaza de Armas.
Holidaymakers who are looking to escape to the coast for sunshine and relaxation can enjoy more than 20km of white sandy beaches in Varadero, as well as Cuba's only full golf course, impressive caves and the Hicacos Point Natural Park.
The Jardines del Rey archipelago is home to crystal clear azure ocean waters and a spectacular barrier reef system. The turquoise waters offers superb conditions for scuba diving and visitors can experience sightings of an array of marine species including nurse sharks, stingrays, green morays, sea turtles, jewfish, Atlantic spadefish and barracuda.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Exclusive Free upgrade to the Bungalow Suite
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...