Lewis Hamilton to join starry line-up at first Top Gear Festival Barbados
The 2008 Formula One World Champion, Lewis Hamilton, will be joining the star-studded line-up at this year's Top Gear Festival in Barbados. The event will be taking place in May at the Bushy Park Circuit and will host a series of challenges and events carried out by famous faces including David Coulthard, Mark Webber, Mika Hakkinen, Jody Scheckter and Eddie Jordan.
The Barbados Tourism Authority has announced that the former British Formula One Champion, Lewis Hamilton, will be taking part in the Top Gear Festival in Barbados in May.
The racing driver will be joining a line-up of famous faces at the first Top Gear event in Barbados to take part in a series of challenges set by Top Gear presenters Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond.
The motorsports festival is based on the British BBC TV series and will take place on 17th and 18th May, 2014 at the refurbished Bushy Park Circuit and will feature top performance cars and drivers.
Hamilton has had a successful racing career and he was the youngest driver to win the Formula One World Driver's Championship in 2008.
The 29-year-old racing driver will be joining a list of racing heroes and world champions including David Coulthard, Mark Webber, Mika Hakkinen, Jody Scheckter and Eddie Jordan. The Red Bull Global Rallycross will also hold the first round of their 2014 season at the Top Gear Barbados Festival.
Lewis Hamilton commented:
"I cannot wait to touch down in Barbados for the Top Gear Festival. I love the island and have been on the TV show a few times and always have a lot of fun, so I'm excited to experience the spirit of Top Gear at a live event. I can't wait to see what Jeremy, James and Richard have in store for me!"
Previous Top Gear Live events have featured world-class drivers, plus a number of dare-devil stunts such as the world's first indoor loop-the-loop, which created a new Guinness World Record, an F1 ice-cream van, a 300-foot car bungee, and a fleet of flaming 911 Porsches.
Petra Roach, the Vice President Sales and Marketing for the Barbados Tourism Authority, stated:
"The addition of Hamilton to the already stellar line-up really does position Top Gear Festival Barbados as the ultimate event taking place in the Caribbean this summer. We're incredibly excited to be sharing this news, but watch this space for even more announcements that will make it impossible for you to not want to attend!"
General admission tickets for the Barbados festival start from BBD$75 ($37.50 USD).
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Make the most of a good value for money deal, at a family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , a fashionable and lively strip.
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travelers' Choice Award
- One of the most affordable self-catering hotels in Barbados
- Rostrevor hotel has an easy access to shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
Exclusive added values at the Worthing Court Apartment Hotel, set on the trendy South Coast of Barbados
Relax and enjoy great nightlife on the south coast, stay in a great hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach, where you can choose hassle free accommodation
- Book today and receive a free upgrade to the Junior Suite, free Breakfast and a bottle of Mount Gay Rum
- All the rooms are comfortable and come equipped with air conditioning, daily maid service and a balcony or patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars and night clubs.
Leave the kids behind and enjoy the tranquillity of The Club Barbados, an elegantly casual resort with every facility you could wish for.
- Complimentary water sports include water skiing, windsurfing, hobie-cats, paddle boarding, snorkelling & reef fishing
- Perfect for couples, honeymooners and friends
- Relax and take a dip in a choice of three freshwater swimming pools
Enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday with a touch of personal and friendly service at Mango Bay, on Barbados' stunning west coast
- Experience snorkelling with the turtles - take advantage of the catamaran cruise included in your package
- Watersports including waterskiing, hobie-cat sailing, paddle boat, snorkelling, kayaking
- Located on the famous west cost of Barbados, close to fashionable Holetown
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in a Caribbean...