Lewis Hamilton to join starry line-up at first Top Gear Festival Barbados
The 2008 Formula One World Champion, Lewis Hamilton, will be joining the star-studded line-up at this year's Top Gear Festival in Barbados. The event will be taking place in May at the Bushy Park Circuit and will host a series of challenges and events carried out by famous faces including David Coulthard, Mark Webber, Mika Hakkinen, Jody Scheckter and Eddie Jordan.
The Barbados Tourism Authority has announced that the former British Formula One Champion, Lewis Hamilton, will be taking part in the Top Gear Festival in Barbados in May.
The racing driver will be joining a line-up of famous faces at the first Top Gear event in Barbados to take part in a series of challenges set by Top Gear presenters Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond.
The motorsports festival is based on the British BBC TV series and will take place on 17th and 18th May, 2014 at the refurbished Bushy Park Circuit and will feature top performance cars and drivers.
Hamilton has had a successful racing career and he was the youngest driver to win the Formula One World Driver's Championship in 2008.
The 29-year-old racing driver will be joining a list of racing heroes and world champions including David Coulthard, Mark Webber, Mika Hakkinen, Jody Scheckter and Eddie Jordan. The Red Bull Global Rallycross will also hold the first round of their 2014 season at the Top Gear Barbados Festival.
Lewis Hamilton commented:
"I cannot wait to touch down in Barbados for the Top Gear Festival. I love the island and have been on the TV show a few times and always have a lot of fun, so I'm excited to experience the spirit of Top Gear at a live event. I can't wait to see what Jeremy, James and Richard have in store for me!"
Previous Top Gear Live events have featured world-class drivers, plus a number of dare-devil stunts such as the world's first indoor loop-the-loop, which created a new Guinness World Record, an F1 ice-cream van, a 300-foot car bungee, and a fleet of flaming 911 Porsches.
Petra Roach, the Vice President Sales and Marketing for the Barbados Tourism Authority, stated:
"The addition of Hamilton to the already stellar line-up really does position Top Gear Festival Barbados as the ultimate event taking place in the Caribbean this summer. We're incredibly excited to be sharing this news, but watch this space for even more announcements that will make it impossible for you to not want to attend!"
General admission tickets for the Barbados festival start from BBD$75 ($37.50 USD).
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Tradtional Bajan Style hotel that is walking distance from shops, bars and St Lawrence Gap
- Walking distance to Oistins Bay where the popular Oistins Fish Fry is held every Friday night
- Award winning family hotel with many repeat guests over the years
- June Sale extended - with savings of upto 20% for travel up until 2019
Bask in glorious Caribbean sunshine at Ocean Two Resort & Residences and let every ounce of stress melt away as you gaze at the stunning turquoise waters lapping up the sparkling white sands.
- Summer 18 Sale now on with savings of upto 45% and complimentary Breakfast in any Bedroom Suites
- All apartment suites boast large sitting rooms, contemporary kitchens, flat-screen TVs and spectacular ocean views
- Adults Only Rooftop pool with panoramic views of Barbados and the Sea
- Located in St. Lawrence Gap on Dover Beach in Barbados' southern coast where plenty of restaurant, shops and bars are available
Enjoy Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, the all-suite resort thats warm service and superb facilities that complete a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados
- Exclusive last minute DOUBLE FREE room upgrade to Deluxe Ocean View Suite as seen on Secret Escapes
- Kids 16 and under stay, play and eat free
- Complimentary daily* rounds of Golf with round trip transportation and clubs are included
- Includes all meals, snacks and drinks as well as non-motorised water sports and Flying Fish Kids Club
- Enjoy five onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
Stay at Sandals Barbados the first and only Luxury Included® Resort exclusively designed for couples and make the most of time away with that special someone.
- A choice of 11 Five star Global Gourmet™ options including room service for Butler Serviced Suites and Club Sandals accommodations including the first Indian Restaurant featured in any Sandals hotel and complimentary transfers
- Located on the sunny southern coast of the beautifully vibrant island, set on the pristine sands of Dover Beach and set amongst acres of lush tropical gardens
- Choose from endless daytime activities such as Body Boarding, Wind Surfing, Hobie Cat Sailing and Kayaking
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...