Cirque du Soleil resident show to set up residency in Riviera Maya in November
The Mexican resort developer Grupo Vidanta has partnered with Cirque du Soleil to bring the first resident Cirque du Soleil dinner and show venue to the Riviera Maya. The 600-seat custom-built Vidanta Theatre is currently under construction and will host eight weekly 70-minute shows that will dazzle locals and holidaymakers from November, 2014.
One of the world's most dazzling acrobatic shows will be setting up residency in Mexico at the end of this year.
The Mexican resort developer Grupo Vidanta has teamed up with the renowned Cirque du Soleil to bring the first resident Cirque du Soleil dinner and show venue to Mexico's Riviera Maya.
The custom-built, 600-seat Vidanta Theatre is currently under construction across the road from Grupo Vidanta's resort complex that is home to four luxury hotels: Grand Luxxe, Grand Bliss, Grand Mayan and Mayan Palace.
Located between the Riviera Maya and Cancun, the theatre will attract local residents and holidaymakers alike. The 70-minute show will be performed eight times a week, starting in November, 2014, and visitors can enjoy the dazzling show as well as dinner and champagne.
Daniel Lamarre, the President and CEO of Cirque du Soleil, commented:
"The design and materials used in the theatre reflect the beauty of the Yucatan jungle habitat."
Cirque du Soleil is a "dramatic mix of circus arts and street entertainment" that tours around the world providing stunning artistic performances through various acrobatics, arts and circus performances. The Quebec-based company was founded in 1984 and has residency shows in Orlando and Las Vegas, and now Mexico.
Riviera Maya is located approximately 40 miles south of Cancun and is home to some of the world's most beautiful natural landscapes and wildlife species. Visitors to the stunning coastal region can hike through thriving nature parks and reserves; snorkel or scuba dive in crystal clear turquoise ocean waters; and relax on white sand, pristine beaches.
The beautiful region is also home to a number of eco theme parks such as Tres Rios Nature Park, Xplor, and Xcaret where holidaymakers can explore underground caves and grottos, go zip-lining through lush forests, and learn about the historic Mayan culture and the region's diverse wildlife species.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Spoil yourself rotten with a pampering holiday at one of Cancun's most luxurious all inclusive resorts, with a long list of fully-included facilities, activities and services - everyone in the family is guaranteed to be pleased!
- Just 30 minutes away from Xcaret Park, an Ecological & Archaeological Theme Park with various family activities
- Explorer's Club for ages 3-12 and Core Zone for ages 9-17 provide a whole host of activities from euro-bungee to big screen movies on the beach
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Tropical View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- As well as food & beverages, Unlimited-Luxury includes theme parties, daytime and evening entertainment and all the activities at the kids and teens clubs
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Adults only resort promising great parties and only 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults-only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...