Cirque du Soleil resident show to set up residency in Riviera Maya in November
The Mexican resort developer Grupo Vidanta has partnered with Cirque du Soleil to bring the first resident Cirque du Soleil dinner and show venue to the Riviera Maya. The 600-seat custom-built Vidanta Theatre is currently under construction and will host eight weekly 70-minute shows that will dazzle locals and holidaymakers from November, 2014.
One of the world's most dazzling acrobatic shows will be setting up residency in Mexico at the end of this year.
The Mexican resort developer Grupo Vidanta has teamed up with the renowned Cirque du Soleil to bring the first resident Cirque du Soleil dinner and show venue to Mexico's Riviera Maya.
The custom-built, 600-seat Vidanta Theatre is currently under construction across the road from Grupo Vidanta's resort complex that is home to four luxury hotels: Grand Luxxe, Grand Bliss, Grand Mayan and Mayan Palace.
Located between the Riviera Maya and Cancun, the theatre will attract local residents and holidaymakers alike. The 70-minute show will be performed eight times a week, starting in November, 2014, and visitors can enjoy the dazzling show as well as dinner and champagne.
Daniel Lamarre, the President and CEO of Cirque du Soleil, commented:
"The design and materials used in the theatre reflect the beauty of the Yucatan jungle habitat."
Cirque du Soleil is a "dramatic mix of circus arts and street entertainment" that tours around the world providing stunning artistic performances through various acrobatics, arts and circus performances. The Quebec-based company was founded in 1984 and has residency shows in Orlando and Las Vegas, and now Mexico.
Riviera Maya is located approximately 40 miles south of Cancun and is home to some of the world's most beautiful natural landscapes and wildlife species. Visitors to the stunning coastal region can hike through thriving nature parks and reserves; snorkel or scuba dive in crystal clear turquoise ocean waters; and relax on white sand, pristine beaches.
The beautiful region is also home to a number of eco theme parks such as Tres Rios Nature Park, Xplor, and Xcaret where holidaymakers can explore underground caves and grottos, go zip-lining through lush forests, and learn about the historic Mayan culture and the region's diverse wildlife species.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...