Cirque du Soleil resident show to set up residency in Riviera Maya in November
The Mexican resort developer Grupo Vidanta has partnered with Cirque du Soleil to bring the first resident Cirque du Soleil dinner and show venue to the Riviera Maya. The 600-seat custom-built Vidanta Theatre is currently under construction and will host eight weekly 70-minute shows that will dazzle locals and holidaymakers from November, 2014.
One of the world's most dazzling acrobatic shows will be setting up residency in Mexico at the end of this year.
The Mexican resort developer Grupo Vidanta has teamed up with the renowned Cirque du Soleil to bring the first resident Cirque du Soleil dinner and show venue to Mexico's Riviera Maya.
The custom-built, 600-seat Vidanta Theatre is currently under construction across the road from Grupo Vidanta's resort complex that is home to four luxury hotels: Grand Luxxe, Grand Bliss, Grand Mayan and Mayan Palace.
Located between the Riviera Maya and Cancun, the theatre will attract local residents and holidaymakers alike. The 70-minute show will be performed eight times a week, starting in November, 2014, and visitors can enjoy the dazzling show as well as dinner and champagne.
Daniel Lamarre, the President and CEO of Cirque du Soleil, commented:
"The design and materials used in the theatre reflect the beauty of the Yucatan jungle habitat."
Cirque du Soleil is a "dramatic mix of circus arts and street entertainment" that tours around the world providing stunning artistic performances through various acrobatics, arts and circus performances. The Quebec-based company was founded in 1984 and has residency shows in Orlando and Las Vegas, and now Mexico.
Riviera Maya is located approximately 40 miles south of Cancun and is home to some of the world's most beautiful natural landscapes and wildlife species. Visitors to the stunning coastal region can hike through thriving nature parks and reserves; snorkel or scuba dive in crystal clear turquoise ocean waters; and relax on white sand, pristine beaches.
The beautiful region is also home to a number of eco theme parks such as Tres Rios Nature Park, Xplor, and Xcaret where holidaymakers can explore underground caves and grottos, go zip-lining through lush forests, and learn about the historic Mayan culture and the region's diverse wildlife species.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Venture to the Caribbean shores of Mexico in the celebrated resort town of Cancun to enjoy a sun-drenched retreat in a...