Cirque du Soleil resident show to set up residency in Riviera Maya in November
The Mexican resort developer Grupo Vidanta has partnered with Cirque du Soleil to bring the first resident Cirque du Soleil dinner and show venue to the Riviera Maya. The 600-seat custom-built Vidanta Theatre is currently under construction and will host eight weekly 70-minute shows that will dazzle locals and holidaymakers from November, 2014.
One of the world's most dazzling acrobatic shows will be setting up residency in Mexico at the end of this year.
The Mexican resort developer Grupo Vidanta has teamed up with the renowned Cirque du Soleil to bring the first resident Cirque du Soleil dinner and show venue to Mexico's Riviera Maya.
The custom-built, 600-seat Vidanta Theatre is currently under construction across the road from Grupo Vidanta's resort complex that is home to four luxury hotels: Grand Luxxe, Grand Bliss, Grand Mayan and Mayan Palace.
Located between the Riviera Maya and Cancun, the theatre will attract local residents and holidaymakers alike. The 70-minute show will be performed eight times a week, starting in November, 2014, and visitors can enjoy the dazzling show as well as dinner and champagne.
Daniel Lamarre, the President and CEO of Cirque du Soleil, commented:
"The design and materials used in the theatre reflect the beauty of the Yucatan jungle habitat."
Cirque du Soleil is a "dramatic mix of circus arts and street entertainment" that tours around the world providing stunning artistic performances through various acrobatics, arts and circus performances. The Quebec-based company was founded in 1984 and has residency shows in Orlando and Las Vegas, and now Mexico.
Riviera Maya is located approximately 40 miles south of Cancun and is home to some of the world's most beautiful natural landscapes and wildlife species. Visitors to the stunning coastal region can hike through thriving nature parks and reserves; snorkel or scuba dive in crystal clear turquoise ocean waters; and relax on white sand, pristine beaches.
The beautiful region is also home to a number of eco theme parks such as Tres Rios Nature Park, Xplor, and Xcaret where holidaymakers can explore underground caves and grottos, go zip-lining through lush forests, and learn about the historic Mayan culture and the region's diverse wildlife species.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Travel from May onwards and enjoy a fantastic upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Rejuvenate in a peaceful and soothing atmosphere during a memorable holiday at the all-inclusive Gran Caribe Resort and...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...