British Airways to add two new weekly Barbados flights to winter schedule
British Airways has announced that it will be increasing the number of flights between London Gatwick and Barbados at the end of this year. The airline will add two weekly flights to its schedule that will run from 30th November, 2014 and 28th February, 2015, giving travellers a choice of 12 weekly flights to the Caribbean island during the high season.
British Airways has announced that it will be increasing the number of flights to Barbados at the end of this year.
The UK's leading airline will be adding two more weekly flights to its schedule departing from London Gatwick Airport (LGW), which will give passengers the choice of 12 weekly flights to Barbados during the winter months.
The two new flights will start on 30th November, 2014 and will run until 28th February, 2015, allowing more services during the Caribbean's high season.
Colm Lacy, the Commercial Director for British Airways Gatwick, commented:
"These extra flights mean families and holiday-makers will have even more choice where to enjoy the winter sunshine. This builds on the extra flights we introduced for our summer 2014 season, thanks to adding an extra Boeing 777 to our long-haul Gatwick fleet making our flying schedule to top leisure destinations even better."
The Barbados Tourism Minister, Richard Sealy, said in a statement that the new flights to Barbados would serve as a "welcome addition to increase inbound travel from the UK market."
The Caribbean island nation of Barbados is situated in the North Atlantic Ocean and is home to a wide range of diverse breathtaking landscapes. Holidaymakers can go scuba diving or snorkelling in crystal clear warm ocean waters where they can explore the colourful coral reefs and hundreds of marine creatures, or relax on pristine white sand, palm-fringed beaches and soak up the sunshine.
There are plenty of activities to enjoy in Barbados, such as hiking through lush nature reserves including the Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary; shopping in high end boutiques and traditional craft markets; and taking tours around the historic towns of Holetown, Speightstown, and the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Bridgetown.
The country is the birthplace of pop star Rihanna and many famous faces have made the island their home, including Simon Cowell and Cliff Richards.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Walking distance to Oistins Bay where the popular Oistins Fish Fry is held every Friday night
- Tradtional Bajan Style hotel that is walking distance from shops, bars and St Lawrence Gap
- Award winning family hotel with many repeat guests over the years
- June Sale now on with savings of upto 20% for travel up until 2019
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Free room upgrade to next available room
- Savings of upto 45% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavour at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
- Adults-Only, All Inclusive Resort located on Barbado's West Coast
- Save up to 50% off with the May FLASH SALE
- Complimentary water sports are included from water skiing, windsurfing, hobbie-cats, paddle boarding, snorkelling & reef fishing
Enjoy Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, the all-suite resort thats warm service and superb facilities that complete a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados
- Kids 16 and under stay, play and eat free
- Complimentary daily* rounds of Golf with round trip transportation and clubs are included
- Includes all meals, snacks and drinks as well as non-motorised water sports and Flying Fish Kids Club
- Enjoy five onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Take a step back from day-to-day life and submerge in the peace and tranquillity that can be found at the fantastic...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...