British Airways to add two new weekly Barbados flights to winter schedule
British Airways has announced that it will be increasing the number of flights between London Gatwick and Barbados at the end of this year. The airline will add two weekly flights to its schedule that will run from 30th November, 2014 and 28th February, 2015, giving travellers a choice of 12 weekly flights to the Caribbean island during the high season.
British Airways has announced that it will be increasing the number of flights to Barbados at the end of this year.
The UK's leading airline will be adding two more weekly flights to its schedule departing from London Gatwick Airport (LGW), which will give passengers the choice of 12 weekly flights to Barbados during the winter months.
The two new flights will start on 30th November, 2014 and will run until 28th February, 2015, allowing more services during the Caribbean's high season.
Colm Lacy, the Commercial Director for British Airways Gatwick, commented:
"These extra flights mean families and holiday-makers will have even more choice where to enjoy the winter sunshine. This builds on the extra flights we introduced for our summer 2014 season, thanks to adding an extra Boeing 777 to our long-haul Gatwick fleet making our flying schedule to top leisure destinations even better."
The Barbados Tourism Minister, Richard Sealy, said in a statement that the new flights to Barbados would serve as a "welcome addition to increase inbound travel from the UK market."
The Caribbean island nation of Barbados is situated in the North Atlantic Ocean and is home to a wide range of diverse breathtaking landscapes. Holidaymakers can go scuba diving or snorkelling in crystal clear warm ocean waters where they can explore the colourful coral reefs and hundreds of marine creatures, or relax on pristine white sand, palm-fringed beaches and soak up the sunshine.
There are plenty of activities to enjoy in Barbados, such as hiking through lush nature reserves including the Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary; shopping in high end boutiques and traditional craft markets; and taking tours around the historic towns of Holetown, Speightstown, and the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Bridgetown.
The country is the birthplace of pop star Rihanna and many famous faces have made the island their home, including Simon Cowell and Cliff Richards.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- All the rooms are comfortable and come equipped with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
- Taste delicious local cuisine at the poolside courtyard bistro
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- Stay and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, Almond Beach Resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
- Enjoy a Complimentary Island Safari Tour, A fantastic FREE power Boat Trip with a Swim With Turtles and a FREE Half day Island Coach Tour
Enjoy Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, the all-suite resort thats warm service and superb facilities that complete a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados
- NEW! From October 2017 Enjoy complimentary daily* rounds of Golf with round trip transportation and clubs are included
- Includes all meals, snacks and drinks as well as non-motorised water sports and Flying Fish Kids Club
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 16 and under stay, play and eat free
- Enjoy five onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...
Everyone dreams about a holiday with their loved one or family where they can enjoy unlimited sunshine on an idyllic...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in the...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Venture to the island of Barbados where pristine beaches and the turquoise waters of the Caribbean await. To the south...