Five Sandals resorts named in 2014 US News and World Report's List of 10 best hotels in Jamaica
Five Sandals Resorts have been named in the list of 10 Best Hotels in Jamaica and the Bahamas in the 2014 US News and World Report. Sandals Negril Beach Resort and Spa, Sandals Royal Plantation, Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa, and Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island were ranked in the Jamaica Best Hotels Category, and Sandals Emerald Bay in Great Exuma, Bahamas was ranked in the 10 Best Hotels in the Bahamas.
Sandals Hotels and Resorts have reason to celebrate following news that five of its Caribbean properties have been listed in the 2014 US News and World Report.
Four Sandals hotels were listed in the "Best Hotels in Jamaica" category. These included Sandals Negril Beach Resort and Spa, Sandals Royal Plantation, Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa, and Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island.
The Sandals Emerald Bay in Great Exuma, Bahamas was also ranked in the "Best Hotels in the Bahamas" category. Sandals Hotels and Resorts released a statement saying:
"These annual rankings identify the best hotels in the USA, the Caribbean, Mexico, and Canada based on an unbiased methodology that combines the prominence of industry accolades a hotel receives along with its reputation among travel experts and guests expressed through online reviews and ratings."
Sandals International Hotels and Resorts operates an array all-inclusive luxury hotels in the Caribbean with properties in tropical island destinations such as Jamaica, Turks and Caicos, St Lucia, Antigua, The Bahamas, and Grenada.
The hotel group launched its first hotel in Jamaica in November 1981, Sandals Montego Bay, and since then, Sandals Resorts has grown into one of the leading hotels groups for luxury Caribbean properties. Over the years, the group has launched a number of "firsts" in the hospitality sector including being the first hotel chain to offer swim-up pool bars, satellite TV, and personal butlers for its guests.
Jamaica is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea that boasts white sand beaches, fringed with turquoise warm ocean waters and swaying palm trees; majestic mountains and verdant rolling green hills and forests; and an array of historical sites and attractions.
Tourists can visit the country's stunning natural wonders including Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, tropical botanical gardens and the majestic Blue Mountains, and the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay. Popular famous attractions include the famous Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and the historic Rose Hall sugar plantation.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Enjoy free round-trip transfers and complimentary golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Enjoy a holiday of a lifetime with various extras including free round trip transfers and complimentary 18-hole golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- 24-Hour Gourmet Dining, Premium Alcoholic Beverages & Soft Drinks
- Choice of 5 unique restaurants and 4 Bars including a Swim-up bar
- Complimentary excursions including a trip to a popular sunset bar or a brillant catamaran cruise
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury with that special someone when you visit Jamaica.
- This adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility
- Have an enjoyable evening with the nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- Enjoy endless daytime activities such snorkelling, sailing, basketball, catamarans & More
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...