Five Sandals resorts named in 2014 US News and World Report's List of 10 best hotels in Jamaica
Five Sandals Resorts have been named in the list of 10 Best Hotels in Jamaica and the Bahamas in the 2014 US News and World Report. Sandals Negril Beach Resort and Spa, Sandals Royal Plantation, Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa, and Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island were ranked in the Jamaica Best Hotels Category, and Sandals Emerald Bay in Great Exuma, Bahamas was ranked in the 10 Best Hotels in the Bahamas.
Sandals Hotels and Resorts have reason to celebrate following news that five of its Caribbean properties have been listed in the 2014 US News and World Report.
Four Sandals hotels were listed in the "Best Hotels in Jamaica" category. These included Sandals Negril Beach Resort and Spa, Sandals Royal Plantation, Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa, and Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island.
The Sandals Emerald Bay in Great Exuma, Bahamas was also ranked in the "Best Hotels in the Bahamas" category. Sandals Hotels and Resorts released a statement saying:
"These annual rankings identify the best hotels in the USA, the Caribbean, Mexico, and Canada based on an unbiased methodology that combines the prominence of industry accolades a hotel receives along with its reputation among travel experts and guests expressed through online reviews and ratings."
Sandals International Hotels and Resorts operates an array all-inclusive luxury hotels in the Caribbean with properties in tropical island destinations such as Jamaica, Turks and Caicos, St Lucia, Antigua, The Bahamas, and Grenada.
The hotel group launched its first hotel in Jamaica in November 1981, Sandals Montego Bay, and since then, Sandals Resorts has grown into one of the leading hotels groups for luxury Caribbean properties. Over the years, the group has launched a number of "firsts" in the hospitality sector including being the first hotel chain to offer swim-up pool bars, satellite TV, and personal butlers for its guests.
Jamaica is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea that boasts white sand beaches, fringed with turquoise warm ocean waters and swaying palm trees; majestic mountains and verdant rolling green hills and forests; and an array of historical sites and attractions.
Tourists can visit the country's stunning natural wonders including Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, tropical botanical gardens and the majestic Blue Mountains, and the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay. Popular famous attractions include the famous Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and the historic Rose Hall sugar plantation.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Summer just got better with upto two kids stay and play for FREE!
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
Located within 15 minutes from Sangster's International Airport and 5 minutes from three world-class golf courses
- Enjoy Exclusive April Offers with incredible savings
- A variety of water sports or leave your daily stress behind and relax with the magical spa services
- Luxury accommodations combined with breathtaking ocean views
- A wide selection of restaurants with international gourmet buffet, where you can enjoy a variety of cuisine from breakfast pastries to classic Jamaican fare
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled upon a stunning beach The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to the entertainment and activities...
Located in New Kingston, the Knutsford Court Hotel offers a laidback atmosphere within a beautiful tropical setting....