Cuba listed by Kuoni as popular long-haul destination for 2014
A new study carried out by the travel operator Kuoni has revealed that Cuba, Vietnam and Mexico are three of the fastest-growing long-haul holiday destinations for 2014. Based on advance bookings in January, Kuoni's Travel Edit 2014 shows the Maldives as the most popular long haul destination for the ninth consecutive year, while Cuba is in eighth place.
Travel operator Kuoni has revealed the results of its Travel Edit 2014 that predicts the most popular long-haul travel destinations for tourists in 2014.
Cuba, Vietnam and Mexico have emerged as three of the fastest-growing long-haul holiday destinations for this year, while the Maldives remained in first pace for the ninth year in a row.
The study is based on the advance bookings made in January and Vietnam was placed at the top of the ‘rising star' destinations.
The increasing number of high-quality all-inclusive beachfront hotels in Mexico has pushed the destination further up the list, while the Caribbean island of Cuba was placed in eighth place on the list of bestselling destinations for 2014.
The list of best selling long-haul destinations this year includes:
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
The Caribbean island nation of Cuba is becoming an increasingly popular holiday destination thanks to its tropical climate, historical cities, thriving national parks, and breathtaking natural landscapes.
Last year, the communist island recorded more than two million visitor arrivals with the majority of travellers originating from Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, Argentina and Italy. The record numbers were helped by the increase of new American travellers following President Obama's decision to ease restrictions on Cuba travel for U.S residents in early 2011. Americans can now visit the island through organised tours for academic, educational, religious or cultural purposes.
Home to the world's second largest barrier reef, Cuba boasts stunning virgin cays, lush natural parks, and historic colonial cities. The vibrant capital, Havana, is a fantastic place to experience Cuba's culture, music and cuisine, while the Jardines del Rey, Trinidad, and Varadero provide plenty of opportunities to enjoy the island's natural beauty such as the crystal clear turquoise ocean waters, white sand beaches, and the soaring Escambray Mountains.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...