Cuba listed by Kuoni as popular long-haul destination for 2014
A new study carried out by the travel operator Kuoni has revealed that Cuba, Vietnam and Mexico are three of the fastest-growing long-haul holiday destinations for 2014. Based on advance bookings in January, Kuoni's Travel Edit 2014 shows the Maldives as the most popular long haul destination for the ninth consecutive year, while Cuba is in eighth place.
Travel operator Kuoni has revealed the results of its Travel Edit 2014 that predicts the most popular long-haul travel destinations for tourists in 2014.
Cuba, Vietnam and Mexico have emerged as three of the fastest-growing long-haul holiday destinations for this year, while the Maldives remained in first pace for the ninth year in a row.
The study is based on the advance bookings made in January and Vietnam was placed at the top of the ‘rising star' destinations.
The increasing number of high-quality all-inclusive beachfront hotels in Mexico has pushed the destination further up the list, while the Caribbean island of Cuba was placed in eighth place on the list of bestselling destinations for 2014.
The list of best selling long-haul destinations this year includes:
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
The Caribbean island nation of Cuba is becoming an increasingly popular holiday destination thanks to its tropical climate, historical cities, thriving national parks, and breathtaking natural landscapes.
Last year, the communist island recorded more than two million visitor arrivals with the majority of travellers originating from Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, Argentina and Italy. The record numbers were helped by the increase of new American travellers following President Obama's decision to ease restrictions on Cuba travel for U.S residents in early 2011. Americans can now visit the island through organised tours for academic, educational, religious or cultural purposes.
Home to the world's second largest barrier reef, Cuba boasts stunning virgin cays, lush natural parks, and historic colonial cities. The vibrant capital, Havana, is a fantastic place to experience Cuba's culture, music and cuisine, while the Jardines del Rey, Trinidad, and Varadero provide plenty of opportunities to enjoy the island's natural beauty such as the crystal clear turquoise ocean waters, white sand beaches, and the soaring Escambray Mountains.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic Varadero City Tour
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- All inclusive features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
- Fantastic all-inclusive package with unlimited drinks 24/7
- Excellent selection of bars and restaurants Offers 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Experience Vibrant Havana and relaxing Varadero at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel during summer 2017
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero that will give you the perfect opportunity to explore all that Cuba has to offer at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
- Melia Marina Varadero offers modern amenities and services including a fitness centre, spa and a kids club
- Exclusive extras are offered in both hotels, including a romantic dinner for two in Varadero and a half day tour in Havana
- Book early and benefit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Melia Habana enjoys an excellent location in Miramar, close to old Havana and offers stunning views of the city and its northern coast
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a fantastic Havana City Tour
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...