Cuba listed by Kuoni as popular long-haul destination for 2014
A new study carried out by the travel operator Kuoni has revealed that Cuba, Vietnam and Mexico are three of the fastest-growing long-haul holiday destinations for 2014. Based on advance bookings in January, Kuoni's Travel Edit 2014 shows the Maldives as the most popular long haul destination for the ninth consecutive year, while Cuba is in eighth place.
Travel operator Kuoni has revealed the results of its Travel Edit 2014 that predicts the most popular long-haul travel destinations for tourists in 2014.
Cuba, Vietnam and Mexico have emerged as three of the fastest-growing long-haul holiday destinations for this year, while the Maldives remained in first pace for the ninth year in a row.
The study is based on the advance bookings made in January and Vietnam was placed at the top of the ‘rising star' destinations.
The increasing number of high-quality all-inclusive beachfront hotels in Mexico has pushed the destination further up the list, while the Caribbean island of Cuba was placed in eighth place on the list of bestselling destinations for 2014.
The list of best selling long-haul destinations this year includes:
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
The Caribbean island nation of Cuba is becoming an increasingly popular holiday destination thanks to its tropical climate, historical cities, thriving national parks, and breathtaking natural landscapes.
Last year, the communist island recorded more than two million visitor arrivals with the majority of travellers originating from Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, Argentina and Italy. The record numbers were helped by the increase of new American travellers following President Obama's decision to ease restrictions on Cuba travel for U.S residents in early 2011. Americans can now visit the island through organised tours for academic, educational, religious or cultural purposes.
Home to the world's second largest barrier reef, Cuba boasts stunning virgin cays, lush natural parks, and historic colonial cities. The vibrant capital, Havana, is a fantastic place to experience Cuba's culture, music and cuisine, while the Jardines del Rey, Trinidad, and Varadero provide plenty of opportunities to enjoy the island's natural beauty such as the crystal clear turquoise ocean waters, white sand beaches, and the soaring Escambray Mountains.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...