Seven-star Burj Al Arab Hotel in Dubai receives Green Globe Certification
One of the world's most luxurious hotels, the Burj Al Arab in Dubai, has been awarded Green Globe Certification (GGC) following an extensive sustainability audit carried out by Farnek. The hotel received the prestigious certification for its water usage reduction, grey water recycling and environmental efforts such as the launch of the Dubai Turtle Rehabilitation Project.
One of Dubai's most luxurious hotels has been awarded the coveted Green Globe Certification (GGC).
Following an extensive sustainability audit by Dubai-based consultancy Farnek, the Burj Al Arab was awarded the coveted certification for its efforts in reducing water usage, grey water recycling, energy reduction, and environmental efforts including its Dubai Turtle Rehabilitation Project.
Heinrich Morio, the General Manager of the Burj Al Arab, stated:
"We are delighted to receive this prestigious recognition that reinforces our commitment to sustainable practices. The certificate is a testament to Burj Al Arab's dedication to ensuring that green policies are at the heart of our business and that they are an essential part of our long-term business strategy."
As well as reducing its carbon footprint, energy and waste, other hotel's environmental efforts were recognised such as the Dubai Turtle Rehabilitation Project that was launched in 2004 in collaboration with the Dubai Wildlife Protection Office, the Jumeirah Group, the Central Veterinary Research Laboratory and a team of veterinarians. The project has helped hundreds of satellite tagged sea turtles return back into the wild and marine biologists continue to monitor their migration using information from the tags.
Guido Bauer, the CEO of Green Globe Certification, explained:
"Green Globe is extremely proud to announce certification of Burj Al Arab for its sustainable management and operations."
"This achievement signifies the ongoing commitment by the Jumeirah group which began two years ago with the inaugural certification of Jumeirah Emirate Towers. This year Green Globe, and its Middle East auditing partner Farnek, will be working closely with the Jumeirah Group to bring more of their prestigious properties under certification."
Facilities at the seven-star Dubai hotel include several gourmet restaurants including the Al Mahara, Bab Al Yam, and Al Muntaha; three aquariums; the Majlis Al Bahar private beach; the lavish Assawan Spa and Health Club; and the Sky View Bar that boasts spectacular views.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Free Half Board
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Exlusive Free Half Board upgrade (book by 11 November 2017)!!!
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Situated in Bay Square, a low-rise community filled with shops, street side dining and businesses, DoubleTree by Hilton...