Seven-star Burj Al Arab Hotel in Dubai receives Green Globe Certification
One of the world's most luxurious hotels, the Burj Al Arab in Dubai, has been awarded Green Globe Certification (GGC) following an extensive sustainability audit carried out by Farnek. The hotel received the prestigious certification for its water usage reduction, grey water recycling and environmental efforts such as the launch of the Dubai Turtle Rehabilitation Project.
One of Dubai's most luxurious hotels has been awarded the coveted Green Globe Certification (GGC).
Following an extensive sustainability audit by Dubai-based consultancy Farnek, the Burj Al Arab was awarded the coveted certification for its efforts in reducing water usage, grey water recycling, energy reduction, and environmental efforts including its Dubai Turtle Rehabilitation Project.
Heinrich Morio, the General Manager of the Burj Al Arab, stated:
"We are delighted to receive this prestigious recognition that reinforces our commitment to sustainable practices. The certificate is a testament to Burj Al Arab's dedication to ensuring that green policies are at the heart of our business and that they are an essential part of our long-term business strategy."
As well as reducing its carbon footprint, energy and waste, other hotel's environmental efforts were recognised such as the Dubai Turtle Rehabilitation Project that was launched in 2004 in collaboration with the Dubai Wildlife Protection Office, the Jumeirah Group, the Central Veterinary Research Laboratory and a team of veterinarians. The project has helped hundreds of satellite tagged sea turtles return back into the wild and marine biologists continue to monitor their migration using information from the tags.
Guido Bauer, the CEO of Green Globe Certification, explained:
"Green Globe is extremely proud to announce certification of Burj Al Arab for its sustainable management and operations."
"This achievement signifies the ongoing commitment by the Jumeirah group which began two years ago with the inaugural certification of Jumeirah Emirate Towers. This year Green Globe, and its Middle East auditing partner Farnek, will be working closely with the Jumeirah Group to bring more of their prestigious properties under certification."
Facilities at the seven-star Dubai hotel include several gourmet restaurants including the Al Mahara, Bab Al Yam, and Al Muntaha; three aquariums; the Majlis Al Bahar private beach; the lavish Assawan Spa and Health Club; and the Sky View Bar that boasts spectacular views.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Discover the impressive opulence of Dubai's skyline matched only by the views across the Arabian Gulf
Impeccable service combined with comfort and luxury with stunning views of Downtown Dubai
- A landmark hotel located in Deira, Dubai's historic district with stunning views over the city!
- Incredible bars, clubs and restaurants, including hip and trendy Sho Cho that's been taking Dubai's fashion set by storm.
- There are plenty of sightseeing and historical places to visit within walking distance
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Relax and enjoy your stay at this five-star resort excellent choice for families
- Enjoy many additional complimentary benefits when staying in the newly refurbished superior rooms
- First child stay free on bed and breakfast up to the age of 14 when sharing with parents
- Amazing choice of award winning restaurants and bars
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free WIFI
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...