Seven-star Burj Al Arab Hotel in Dubai receives Green Globe Certification
One of the world's most luxurious hotels, the Burj Al Arab in Dubai, has been awarded Green Globe Certification (GGC) following an extensive sustainability audit carried out by Farnek. The hotel received the prestigious certification for its water usage reduction, grey water recycling and environmental efforts such as the launch of the Dubai Turtle Rehabilitation Project.
One of Dubai's most luxurious hotels has been awarded the coveted Green Globe Certification (GGC).
Following an extensive sustainability audit by Dubai-based consultancy Farnek, the Burj Al Arab was awarded the coveted certification for its efforts in reducing water usage, grey water recycling, energy reduction, and environmental efforts including its Dubai Turtle Rehabilitation Project.
Heinrich Morio, the General Manager of the Burj Al Arab, stated:
"We are delighted to receive this prestigious recognition that reinforces our commitment to sustainable practices. The certificate is a testament to Burj Al Arab's dedication to ensuring that green policies are at the heart of our business and that they are an essential part of our long-term business strategy."
As well as reducing its carbon footprint, energy and waste, other hotel's environmental efforts were recognised such as the Dubai Turtle Rehabilitation Project that was launched in 2004 in collaboration with the Dubai Wildlife Protection Office, the Jumeirah Group, the Central Veterinary Research Laboratory and a team of veterinarians. The project has helped hundreds of satellite tagged sea turtles return back into the wild and marine biologists continue to monitor their migration using information from the tags.
Guido Bauer, the CEO of Green Globe Certification, explained:
"Green Globe is extremely proud to announce certification of Burj Al Arab for its sustainable management and operations."
"This achievement signifies the ongoing commitment by the Jumeirah group which began two years ago with the inaugural certification of Jumeirah Emirate Towers. This year Green Globe, and its Middle East auditing partner Farnek, will be working closely with the Jumeirah Group to bring more of their prestigious properties under certification."
Facilities at the seven-star Dubai hotel include several gourmet restaurants including the Al Mahara, Bab Al Yam, and Al Muntaha; three aquariums; the Majlis Al Bahar private beach; the lavish Assawan Spa and Health Club; and the Sky View Bar that boasts spectacular views.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Impeccable service combined with comfort and luxury at Hyatt Regency Dubai
- More than ten different Food and Beverage Outlets for your choice
- Try something absolutely unique on Dubai's only Ice Rink
- Located in the heart of the historic Deira with walking distance to the gold souks
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free WIFI
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Enjoy unparalleled luxury and splendour at one of the premier establishments sitting on Dubai's renowned Jumeirah Strip....
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...