Seven-star Burj Al Arab Hotel in Dubai receives Green Globe Certification
One of the world's most luxurious hotels, the Burj Al Arab in Dubai, has been awarded Green Globe Certification (GGC) following an extensive sustainability audit carried out by Farnek. The hotel received the prestigious certification for its water usage reduction, grey water recycling and environmental efforts such as the launch of the Dubai Turtle Rehabilitation Project.
One of Dubai's most luxurious hotels has been awarded the coveted Green Globe Certification (GGC).
Following an extensive sustainability audit by Dubai-based consultancy Farnek, the Burj Al Arab was awarded the coveted certification for its efforts in reducing water usage, grey water recycling, energy reduction, and environmental efforts including its Dubai Turtle Rehabilitation Project.
Heinrich Morio, the General Manager of the Burj Al Arab, stated:
"We are delighted to receive this prestigious recognition that reinforces our commitment to sustainable practices. The certificate is a testament to Burj Al Arab's dedication to ensuring that green policies are at the heart of our business and that they are an essential part of our long-term business strategy."
As well as reducing its carbon footprint, energy and waste, other hotel's environmental efforts were recognised such as the Dubai Turtle Rehabilitation Project that was launched in 2004 in collaboration with the Dubai Wildlife Protection Office, the Jumeirah Group, the Central Veterinary Research Laboratory and a team of veterinarians. The project has helped hundreds of satellite tagged sea turtles return back into the wild and marine biologists continue to monitor their migration using information from the tags.
Guido Bauer, the CEO of Green Globe Certification, explained:
"Green Globe is extremely proud to announce certification of Burj Al Arab for its sustainable management and operations."
"This achievement signifies the ongoing commitment by the Jumeirah group which began two years ago with the inaugural certification of Jumeirah Emirate Towers. This year Green Globe, and its Middle East auditing partner Farnek, will be working closely with the Jumeirah Group to bring more of their prestigious properties under certification."
Facilities at the seven-star Dubai hotel include several gourmet restaurants including the Al Mahara, Bab Al Yam, and Al Muntaha; three aquariums; the Majlis Al Bahar private beach; the lavish Assawan Spa and Health Club; and the Sky View Bar that boasts spectacular views.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Regarded as one of Dubai's most luxury hotels, Marina View Apartments is ideally located in the centre of Dubai's...