Al Maha Desert Resort ranked No.1 hotel in Middle East by TripAdvisor
The Al Maha Desert Resort in Dubai has been ranked as the No.1 Middle East hotel in three different categories in the TripAdvisor 2014 Travellers' Choice Awards. The hotel is located within Dubai's beautiful desert landscape in the Desert Conservation Reserve and boasts luxurious suites, a tranquil spa, and a gourmet fine dining restaurant.
The results of TripAdvisor 2014 Travellers' Choice awards have recently been announced and one hotel in the Middle East has triumphed in more than one category.
The Al Maha Desert Resort in Dubai was voted in first place in the following Middle East categories: Top 25 Luxury Hotels, Top 25 Hotels for Romance, and Top 25 Hotels.
This is the second year in a row that the luxury resort been voted as the top hotel in the Middle East. The property was also ranked in the Top 25 in the World category reaching 9th place for Romance, 12th in Luxury Hotels and 12 in the Hotels category.
Patrick Antaki, the General Manager of Al Maha Desert Resort, commented:
"I am very proud of Al Maha Desert Resort, the only boutique luxury resort situated within the Desert Conservation Reserve, with this great achievement for the second year running."
"This is proof of the team's commitment, consistent attention to detail and personalisation of every stay. With its timeless views and breathtaking scenes of wild Arabian Oryx etched against red sand dunes, it certainly sets the scene for the most bespoke experience in the Middle East."
The Al Maha Desert Resort is located in the beautiful Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve and offers an array of luxurious suites, all with private pools, decks and views of the stunning desert. The suites are decorated with handcrafted Arabian furnishings and antiques, and they offer personal touches such as artists' easels and materials, a writing desk, and binoculars to inspire creativity.
Facilities at the resort include the Timeless Spa that offers private massage rooms for couples, in-suite massages, a private Rasoul chamber, hydrotherapy bath, a sauna and steam room with a cold plunge pool, Jacuzzi, swimming pool, and a fully equipped fitness centre. Guests can relax and enjoy a wide selection of holistic treatments that have been inspired by the natural surroundings and feature elements of Middle Eastern and South East Asian aromatherapy traditions.
The Dubai hotel's gourmet restaurant offers organic fine dining and guests can enjoy the culinary delights on the veranda where they can soak up the view of the reserve during the day or the twinkling stars at night, while the Terrace Bar is the perfect setting for cocktails and relaxation on loungers.
Owned by Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc., the Al Maha Desert Resort is a Luxury Collection Resort and Spa. The hotel group also operates Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort in nearby Fujairah.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Chill at The Palm's luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Six family swimming pools dotted around the resort
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning views over the Arabian Gulf
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Free Half Board option available
Intercontinental Mauritius + Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most picturesque parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4-star,...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...