Starwood debuts Westin brand in Mauritius with scheduled spring opening of The Westin Turtle Bay Resort and Spa
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide has announced that it will debut its Westin brand on the island of Mauritius in the spring. The Westin Turtle Bay Resort and Spa is located on the west coast of the Indian Ocean island in the picturesque Turtle Bay of Balaclava and boasts five dining venues, a lobby lounge, two pools and The Heavenly Spa by Westin.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide has announced the debut of its Westin brand on the island of Mauritius this year with the opening of a new hotel owned by Blue Ocean Park.
The Westin Turtle Bay Resort and Spa, Mauritius is due to open this spring on the North West coast of the Indian Ocean island in the historic and picturesque Turtle Bay of Balaclava.
Michael Wale, the President of Starwood Hotels and Resorts for Europe, Africa and Middle East, explained:
"I would like to thank our long-standing partner Blue Ocean Park for putting their trust in us as we debut the Westin brand in Mauritius."
"Mauritius is known to be a melting pot of the past and present, and its natural beauty and stunning landscapes provide an oasis of peace and tranquillity for today's busy traveller. We believe that our Westin brand is the ideal fit for this destination thanks to its signature programs and amenities, which are designed to help guests recharge and revitalise so when they return home they feel better than when they arrived."
Located 15 kilometres from Grand Baie, the luxury resort is nestled in verdant tropical gardens and boasts direct access to a pristine white sandy beach.
The property has 190 elegant guest rooms and suites that each feature Westin Heavenly Beds, Heavenly Showers, Heavenly Robes, White Tea Aloe bath amenities, plus state-of-the-art technology including 42-inch LED flat screen TVs, iHome docking stations, tea and coffee-making facilities, and mini-bars.
The hotel's facilities include five gourmet restaurants, including an all-day dining restaurant, two specialty restaurants, a pool restaurant and bar, and a lobby lounge.
At The Westin Turtle Bay Resort and Spa, guests can relax and enjoy pampering treatments in The Heavenly Spa by Westin, cool off with a swim in one of two pools, work out at the WestinWORKOUT, or unwind on the sandy beach.
The ballroom is the perfect setting for special occasions or celebrations, while the two meeting rooms and modern business centre provide a unique setting for business meetings.
"The signing of The Westin Turtle Bay Resort and Spa, Mauritius further underscores Starwood's commitment to growing our portfolio across all of our nine brands in Africa."
Commented Bart Carnahan, the Senior Vice President Acquisitions and Development, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, Europe, Africa and Middle East.
Starwood currently has two other hotels for holidays in Mauritius: The St. Regis Mauritius, which is located directly on the UNESCO World Heritage site of Le Morne, and Le Meridien Ile Maurice in Pointe Aux Piments.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Live and breathe the real Mauritius for a week in an intimate boutique hotel set by clear turquoise waters and powdery-soft sands, with great facilities for everyone in the family.
- Features an excellent Children's Club offering great activities for the young ones
- Children stay free when sharing with parents
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
With three beautiful beaches to choose from, this one-of-a-kind retreat offers bespoke experiences with a soothing and rejuvenating Feng Shui philosophy
- Relax at the spa - providing an combination experience of nutrition, yoga, spa treatments & retreats
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy complimentary activities including snorkelling, kayaking, water skiing, glass-bottom boat trips or some unique experience such as cinema screenings on the beach, secret bar or message in a bottle with hidden surprises
You'll be wanting for nothing - from all-inclusive meals to fun activities while being close to attractions galore there's no better place to stay in Grand Baie!
- All-inclusive 'Culinary Voyage' allows you to choose from 4 restaurants for lunch and 7 for dinner as well as 5 bars, including a night club and a sport bar
- Perfect location on a white sandy beach between Port Louis and Grand Baie, near the historical site of Balaclava
- Weekly activity programme includes: outdoor cinema, face painting, treasure hunt, cooking classes and much more
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
Spend seven magical days in the beautiful Mauritius, enjoying its Indian Ocean coastline. The Heritage Awali gives you a...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Coin De Mire is a boutique hotel set on the north coast of Mauritius, an area of white beaches, clear turquoise waters...
Located on the sandy beach of the north-west coast of Mauritius, Les Cocotiers enjoys a close proximity to the island's...
When you're looking for the perfect holiday, it's nice to have some assurances. As well as being a three star plus...