Abu Dhabi Tourism to hold travel trade roadshow in London to boost UK visitors
The Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority will be launching a travel trade roadshow in London next month to encourage more UK tourists to visit Abu Dhabi. The event will take place at the Jumeirah Carlton Towers in London on 5th February and will showcase what the capital of the United Arab Emirates will have to offer in 2014.
Abu Dhabi is looking to increase the number of UK visitors with the help of a travel trade roadshow taking place in London next month.
The Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority is heading the campaign that will encourage more UK tourists to visit Abu Dhabi so they can increase their hotel guest numbers this year by a further 12 per cent on record numbers in 2013.
The tradeshow will take place at the Jumeirah Carlton Towers in London on 5th February, 2014 and will highlight the emirate's tourism offerings for 2014.
During the event, visitors can join discussions with representatives from Abu Dhabi hotels such as Anantara Hotels, Resorts and Spas; Rotana Hotels; and Jumeirah, as well as attractions in the emirate including Yas Island, Desert Adventures.
Guests can also sample Arabic cuisine and traditional activities and there will be a prize draw in the evening where travel trade agents will have the chance to win a selection of prizes including a place on a fam trip to Abu Dhabi.
The UK is the emirate's second largest overseas market and last year, 147,852 British travellers took holidays to Abu Dhabi and stayed in the emirate's hotels and resorts during the first 11 months, which was a 14 per cent increase compared to 2012.
This year, Abu Dhabi is hoping to receive 2.8 million visitors after it recorded 2.5 visitor arrivals in 2013.
British Airways offers direct flights to Abu Dhabi from London, while Etihad Airways offers flights from London and Manchester. Abu Dhabi is the capital of the seven United Arab Emirates and it is a popular destination for UK holidaymakers.
In Abu Dhabi, tourists can enjoy access to a wide range of attractions, such as Khalifa Park, Sheikh Zayed Mosque, the Marina Mall, and the Abu Dhabi Mall. The waterfront, vast sandy beaches, world-class golf courses and verdant green parks are perfect for family activities and relaxation away from the bustling city.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Unwind at the marvellous Khalidiya Palace Abu Dhabi and experience first class luxury
- spacious and luxury rooms with modern design
- experience serenity with a wide range of revitalizing signature treatments
- unique beach location with stunning views
Yas island is home to attractions such as Ferrari world, Yas Waterworld and a Championship Golf Course - it's the newest and trendiest place to stay.
- Upgrade to a superior room including access and receive unlimited access to Yas Waterworld inclusive
- Enjoy a wide selection of cuisine including Aisan, Gastro Pub food and Lebanese with Arabic entertainment
- Try out the state of the art gym, squash courts or a round of Golf at Yas Golf Course
Experience the spectacular and beautiful Intercontinental Abu Dhabi
- A landmark hotel, prized for its white sandy beach, marina and variety of restaurants
- Up to two kids stay FREE
- exclusively for our customers: free room upgrade
- Choose from a huge variety of prized buzzing restaurants overlooking the water
Indulge yourself in endless luxury at the fabulous Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi Grand Canal
- unique shuttle boat to the famous souqs
- fabulous location in the heart of Abu Dhabi with great views of Abu Dhabi's landmark the mosque
- one of the best kids clubs in Abu Dhabi
- amazing culinary experience with 10 restaurants to choose from
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Get away from all your concerns and enjoy a tranquil 4-day stay at the luxurious Beach Rotana Hotel & Towers whilst you...
Set along the Links Championship Golf Course on Yas Island, this luxurious hotel features a 30 yards outdoor pool with...
The Beach Rotana Hotel is set on a pristine stretch of white beach on the shores of the Arabian Sea. Located in the...
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...
Revel in the sun-drenched charms of the UAE's capital as you enjoy four unforgettable days in the heart of the Middle...