Six hotels planned for manmade "Heart of Europe" islands project in Dubai
Details of the restarted Heart of Europe project in Dubai have been announced recently by the UAE-based developer, Kleindienst Group. The cluster of six islands forms part of the emirate's manmade The World Islands and will include a total of six Dubai hotels when it is completed at the end of 2016.
The United Arab Emirate-based developer of "The Heart of Europe" project in Dubai has revealed further details of the development of the cluster of six islands.
The islands will have a total of six hotels, including house hotel villa developments, and the project is expected to be completed by the end of 2016.
The Heart of Europe, the largest island, will feature a unique 1.6km stretch of climate controlled outdoor retail and FandB space.
The CEO of the Kleindienst Group, Josef Kleindienst, explained:
"The project that comes closest to our concept is the Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai, in that this is to be a combination of hotels, retail, entertainment and FandB. The main island will be divided up into different areas themed around different European countries including Austria, Germany, Spain and France, with each area offering different mixtures of hotels, FandB and retail."
The project, which is said to cost AED 3.12 billion (US $850 million), will feature an outdoor climate control system that will regulate the island's wind speed, humidity and temperature and during their holidays, tourists will be kept cool as the system sprays them with a fine mist of rain or snow.
Work has already started to dispatch 600 tonnes of equipment and materials from Dubai's mainland to the islands that are located 4.5 kilometres off the shoreline. Vibro-compaction has commenced on each of the sic islands to prepare for the new Dubai hotels.
The World is a collection of 300 artificial islands shaped in the form of a world map, spanning approximately nine kilometres in width and seven kilometres in length.
The project is just one of Dubai's manmade island archipelagos and similar developments in the emirate include the Palm Islands that are a popular holiday destination in Dubai with an array of luxury beachfront hotels.
Dubai is one of seven United Arab Emirates and it is a hub for leisure and business travellers. The city boasts unique architecture, enormous shopping malls, lush parks, upscale hotels, and pristine sandy beaches. During holidays to Dubai, travellers can visit popular attractions including the Dubai Marina, Dubai Mall, Jumeirah Mosque and the Wild Wadi Park.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free WIFI
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
Relax and enjoy your stay at this five-star resort excellent choice for families
- Enjoy many additional complimentary benefits when staying in the newly refurbished superior rooms
- First child stay free on bed and breakfast up to the age of 14 when sharing with parents
- Amazing choice of award winning restaurants and bars
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
Dubai has emerged as a top tourist destination for travellers across the globe. The city of Dubai in UAE reflects the...