Six hotels planned for manmade "Heart of Europe" islands project in Dubai
Details of the restarted Heart of Europe project in Dubai have been announced recently by the UAE-based developer, Kleindienst Group. The cluster of six islands forms part of the emirate's manmade The World Islands and will include a total of six Dubai hotels when it is completed at the end of 2016.
The United Arab Emirate-based developer of "The Heart of Europe" project in Dubai has revealed further details of the development of the cluster of six islands.
The islands will have a total of six hotels, including house hotel villa developments, and the project is expected to be completed by the end of 2016.
The Heart of Europe, the largest island, will feature a unique 1.6km stretch of climate controlled outdoor retail and FandB space.
The CEO of the Kleindienst Group, Josef Kleindienst, explained:
"The project that comes closest to our concept is the Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai, in that this is to be a combination of hotels, retail, entertainment and FandB. The main island will be divided up into different areas themed around different European countries including Austria, Germany, Spain and France, with each area offering different mixtures of hotels, FandB and retail."
The project, which is said to cost AED 3.12 billion (US $850 million), will feature an outdoor climate control system that will regulate the island's wind speed, humidity and temperature and during their holidays, tourists will be kept cool as the system sprays them with a fine mist of rain or snow.
Work has already started to dispatch 600 tonnes of equipment and materials from Dubai's mainland to the islands that are located 4.5 kilometres off the shoreline. Vibro-compaction has commenced on each of the sic islands to prepare for the new Dubai hotels.
The World is a collection of 300 artificial islands shaped in the form of a world map, spanning approximately nine kilometres in width and seven kilometres in length.
The project is just one of Dubai's manmade island archipelagos and similar developments in the emirate include the Palm Islands that are a popular holiday destination in Dubai with an array of luxury beachfront hotels.
Dubai is one of seven United Arab Emirates and it is a hub for leisure and business travellers. The city boasts unique architecture, enormous shopping malls, lush parks, upscale hotels, and pristine sandy beaches. During holidays to Dubai, travellers can visit popular attractions including the Dubai Marina, Dubai Mall, Jumeirah Mosque and the Wild Wadi Park.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Exlusive Free Half Board upgrade (book by 11 November 2017)!!!
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Free Half Board
The location on the world famous, Palm Jumeirah, provides superb access to white sandy beaches.
- FREE Half Board upgrade
- Up to two kids stay FREE
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
India is one of the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the colourful and vibrant cities...
Enjoy a stunning view on the east coast of Mauritius. This 4-star resort combines natural beauty and contemporary...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...