Six hotels planned for manmade "Heart of Europe" islands project in Dubai
Details of the restarted Heart of Europe project in Dubai have been announced recently by the UAE-based developer, Kleindienst Group. The cluster of six islands forms part of the emirate's manmade The World Islands and will include a total of six Dubai hotels when it is completed at the end of 2016.
The United Arab Emirate-based developer of "The Heart of Europe" project in Dubai has revealed further details of the development of the cluster of six islands.
The islands will have a total of six hotels, including house hotel villa developments, and the project is expected to be completed by the end of 2016.
The Heart of Europe, the largest island, will feature a unique 1.6km stretch of climate controlled outdoor retail and FandB space.
The CEO of the Kleindienst Group, Josef Kleindienst, explained:
"The project that comes closest to our concept is the Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai, in that this is to be a combination of hotels, retail, entertainment and FandB. The main island will be divided up into different areas themed around different European countries including Austria, Germany, Spain and France, with each area offering different mixtures of hotels, FandB and retail."
The project, which is said to cost AED 3.12 billion (US $850 million), will feature an outdoor climate control system that will regulate the island's wind speed, humidity and temperature and during their holidays, tourists will be kept cool as the system sprays them with a fine mist of rain or snow.
Work has already started to dispatch 600 tonnes of equipment and materials from Dubai's mainland to the islands that are located 4.5 kilometres off the shoreline. Vibro-compaction has commenced on each of the sic islands to prepare for the new Dubai hotels.
The World is a collection of 300 artificial islands shaped in the form of a world map, spanning approximately nine kilometres in width and seven kilometres in length.
The project is just one of Dubai's manmade island archipelagos and similar developments in the emirate include the Palm Islands that are a popular holiday destination in Dubai with an array of luxury beachfront hotels.
Dubai is one of seven United Arab Emirates and it is a hub for leisure and business travellers. The city boasts unique architecture, enormous shopping malls, lush parks, upscale hotels, and pristine sandy beaches. During holidays to Dubai, travellers can visit popular attractions including the Dubai Marina, Dubai Mall, Jumeirah Mosque and the Wild Wadi Park.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
The location on the world famous, Palm Jumeirah, provides superb access to white sandy beaches.
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine West Crescent of Dubai’s iconic Palm Jumeirah
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- FREE Half Board upgrade
- Up to two kids stay and play FREE
Intercontinental Mauritius + Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most picturesque parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4-star,...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...