Grand Velas Riviera Maya wins AAA Five Diamond Award for fourth consecutive year
Grand Velas Riviera Maya in Mexico has been awarded the coveted Five Diamond Award for the fourth year in a row. The property has been a hotspot for tourists enjoying the Riviera Maya since it opened in 2008 and it was also the only all inclusive resort to have a restaurant, Cocina de Autor, awarded the AAA Five Diamond Award.
The American Automobile Association's (AAA) Five Diamond Award has been awarded to Grand Velas Riviera Maya for the fourth year in a row.
The resort opened its doors to tourists visiting the Riviera Maya in 2008 and as well as receiving the Five Diamond Award for its lodging, its restaurant, Cocina de Autor, is the only restaurant of an all-inclusive hotel to receive the prestigious award in 100 years of AAA.
Fernando Garcia Rossette, the Managing Director of the Grand Velas Riviera Maya Resort, commented:
"It's with great pleasure we receive these awards, as there are few hotels and restaurants in the world who enjoy this honour.”
The property is one of the most luxurious all-inclusive Riviera Maya hotels and over the years it has been honoured with numerous awards by luxury travel magazines such as Condé Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure, as well as being part of the exclusive Leading Hotels of the World and The Leading Spas of the World.
Located close to Playa del Carmen in Mexico upon 82 tropical acres of land made up of a lush jungle, protected mangroves, and a pristine white sandy beach, the 491-suite Cancun resort offers three categories of lavish accommodation: Zen Grand Suites that are encircled by flora and fauna of the Yucatan Peninsula's thriving jungle; Ambassador Class, with ocean views and are perfect for families; and the most in-demand accommodation – Grand Class with personal butlers.
The hotel's spacious suites range from 1,184 to 3,767-square feet, and boast stylish furnishings and modern amenities such as in-suite plunge pools, 42-inch plasma TVs, whirlpool baths, and espresso machines.
Tourists can enjoy the luxury hotel's high end facilities including the lavish 89,000-square foot spa, a modern fitness centre with personal trainers, several specialty restaurants serving gourmet international cuisine, a three-tiered infinity pool, championship golf courses, and tennis courts.
The AAA Five Diamond rating is a coveted ranking and it is only awarded to resorts and hotels that meet the exceptional highest level of excellence and is used to provide valuable information about the venue's accommodation and dining choices.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Cancun is one of the most sought-after beachside resorts in the world. Make this your next holiday destination and revel...
Enjoy the best of Cancun in an eight-day retreat that will both relax and energise you completely. Your home for your...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Immerse yourself in eight divine days of delight at the Occidental Cozumel in Playa San Francisco. Sit back and relax in...