Grand Velas Riviera Maya wins AAA Five Diamond Award for fourth consecutive year
Grand Velas Riviera Maya in Mexico has been awarded the coveted Five Diamond Award for the fourth year in a row. The property has been a hotspot for tourists enjoying the Riviera Maya since it opened in 2008 and it was also the only all inclusive resort to have a restaurant, Cocina de Autor, awarded the AAA Five Diamond Award.
The American Automobile Association's (AAA) Five Diamond Award has been awarded to Grand Velas Riviera Maya for the fourth year in a row.
The resort opened its doors to tourists visiting the Riviera Maya in 2008 and as well as receiving the Five Diamond Award for its lodging, its restaurant, Cocina de Autor, is the only restaurant of an all-inclusive hotel to receive the prestigious award in 100 years of AAA.
Fernando Garcia Rossette, the Managing Director of the Grand Velas Riviera Maya Resort, commented:
"It's with great pleasure we receive these awards, as there are few hotels and restaurants in the world who enjoy this honour.”
The property is one of the most luxurious all-inclusive Riviera Maya hotels and over the years it has been honoured with numerous awards by luxury travel magazines such as Condé Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure, as well as being part of the exclusive Leading Hotels of the World and The Leading Spas of the World.
Located close to Playa del Carmen in Mexico upon 82 tropical acres of land made up of a lush jungle, protected mangroves, and a pristine white sandy beach, the 491-suite Cancun resort offers three categories of lavish accommodation: Zen Grand Suites that are encircled by flora and fauna of the Yucatan Peninsula's thriving jungle; Ambassador Class, with ocean views and are perfect for families; and the most in-demand accommodation – Grand Class with personal butlers.
The hotel's spacious suites range from 1,184 to 3,767-square feet, and boast stylish furnishings and modern amenities such as in-suite plunge pools, 42-inch plasma TVs, whirlpool baths, and espresso machines.
Tourists can enjoy the luxury hotel's high end facilities including the lavish 89,000-square foot spa, a modern fitness centre with personal trainers, several specialty restaurants serving gourmet international cuisine, a three-tiered infinity pool, championship golf courses, and tennis courts.
The AAA Five Diamond rating is a coveted ranking and it is only awarded to resorts and hotels that meet the exceptional highest level of excellence and is used to provide valuable information about the venue's accommodation and dining choices.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Fantastic all-inclusive package providing all meals, snacks, unlimited premium beverages, 24-hour room service and more
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
- Enjoy fantastic access to the newly opening Grand Section which includes ten new restaurants and 6 bars, a waterpark, a new spa with 64 treatment rooms, a theatre and a bowling alley, plus another Playroom Kids’ club and Wired Teens lounge
- Kids Stay, Play and Eat free
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Travel from May onwards and enjoy a fantastic upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Rejuvenate in a peaceful and soothing atmosphere during a memorable holiday at the all-inclusive Gran Caribe Resort and...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Step into every scuba divers paradise during an 8-day holiday to the beautiful Mexican island of Cozumel, where...