Grand Velas Riviera Maya wins AAA Five Diamond Award for fourth consecutive year
Grand Velas Riviera Maya in Mexico has been awarded the coveted Five Diamond Award for the fourth year in a row. The property has been a hotspot for tourists enjoying the Riviera Maya since it opened in 2008 and it was also the only all inclusive resort to have a restaurant, Cocina de Autor, awarded the AAA Five Diamond Award.
The American Automobile Association's (AAA) Five Diamond Award has been awarded to Grand Velas Riviera Maya for the fourth year in a row.
The resort opened its doors to tourists visiting the Riviera Maya in 2008 and as well as receiving the Five Diamond Award for its lodging, its restaurant, Cocina de Autor, is the only restaurant of an all-inclusive hotel to receive the prestigious award in 100 years of AAA.
Fernando Garcia Rossette, the Managing Director of the Grand Velas Riviera Maya Resort, commented:
"It's with great pleasure we receive these awards, as there are few hotels and restaurants in the world who enjoy this honour.”
The property is one of the most luxurious all-inclusive Riviera Maya hotels and over the years it has been honoured with numerous awards by luxury travel magazines such as Condé Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure, as well as being part of the exclusive Leading Hotels of the World and The Leading Spas of the World.
Located close to Playa del Carmen in Mexico upon 82 tropical acres of land made up of a lush jungle, protected mangroves, and a pristine white sandy beach, the 491-suite Cancun resort offers three categories of lavish accommodation: Zen Grand Suites that are encircled by flora and fauna of the Yucatan Peninsula's thriving jungle; Ambassador Class, with ocean views and are perfect for families; and the most in-demand accommodation – Grand Class with personal butlers.
The hotel's spacious suites range from 1,184 to 3,767-square feet, and boast stylish furnishings and modern amenities such as in-suite plunge pools, 42-inch plasma TVs, whirlpool baths, and espresso machines.
Tourists can enjoy the luxury hotel's high end facilities including the lavish 89,000-square foot spa, a modern fitness centre with personal trainers, several specialty restaurants serving gourmet international cuisine, a three-tiered infinity pool, championship golf courses, and tennis courts.
The AAA Five Diamond rating is a coveted ranking and it is only awarded to resorts and hotels that meet the exceptional highest level of excellence and is used to provide valuable information about the venue's accommodation and dining choices.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...