Grand Velas Riviera Maya wins AAA Five Diamond Award for fourth consecutive year
Grand Velas Riviera Maya in Mexico has been awarded the coveted Five Diamond Award for the fourth year in a row. The property has been a hotspot for tourists enjoying the Riviera Maya since it opened in 2008 and it was also the only all inclusive resort to have a restaurant, Cocina de Autor, awarded the AAA Five Diamond Award.
The American Automobile Association's (AAA) Five Diamond Award has been awarded to Grand Velas Riviera Maya for the fourth year in a row.
The resort opened its doors to tourists visiting the Riviera Maya in 2008 and as well as receiving the Five Diamond Award for its lodging, its restaurant, Cocina de Autor, is the only restaurant of an all-inclusive hotel to receive the prestigious award in 100 years of AAA.
Fernando Garcia Rossette, the Managing Director of the Grand Velas Riviera Maya Resort, commented:
"It's with great pleasure we receive these awards, as there are few hotels and restaurants in the world who enjoy this honour.”
The property is one of the most luxurious all-inclusive Riviera Maya hotels and over the years it has been honoured with numerous awards by luxury travel magazines such as Condé Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure, as well as being part of the exclusive Leading Hotels of the World and The Leading Spas of the World.
Located close to Playa del Carmen in Mexico upon 82 tropical acres of land made up of a lush jungle, protected mangroves, and a pristine white sandy beach, the 491-suite Cancun resort offers three categories of lavish accommodation: Zen Grand Suites that are encircled by flora and fauna of the Yucatan Peninsula's thriving jungle; Ambassador Class, with ocean views and are perfect for families; and the most in-demand accommodation – Grand Class with personal butlers.
The hotel's spacious suites range from 1,184 to 3,767-square feet, and boast stylish furnishings and modern amenities such as in-suite plunge pools, 42-inch plasma TVs, whirlpool baths, and espresso machines.
Tourists can enjoy the luxury hotel's high end facilities including the lavish 89,000-square foot spa, a modern fitness centre with personal trainers, several specialty restaurants serving gourmet international cuisine, a three-tiered infinity pool, championship golf courses, and tennis courts.
The AAA Five Diamond rating is a coveted ranking and it is only awarded to resorts and hotels that meet the exceptional highest level of excellence and is used to provide valuable information about the venue's accommodation and dining choices.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Travel from May onwards and enjoy a fantastic upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Step into every scuba divers paradise during an 8-day holiday to the beautiful Mexican island of Cozumel, where...
A picturesque city on Mexico's Caribbean Sea coastline, Playa del Carmen is the perfect getaway for both families and...