Abu Dhabi records 49 per cent increase in golf tourism in 2013
New figures released by the Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority have revealed that golf holidays in the emirate increased by 49 per cent in 2013 compared to the previous year. Overseas golf tourism in the United Arab Emirate capital is dominating the Middle East region and the surge in visitors has been helped by the 'Golf in Abu Dhabi' initiative.
Abu Dhabi has become a leading golf destination in the Middle East after recent figures released by the Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority revealed the capital of the United Emirates received a significant increase in overseas golfers.
The number of tourists taking golf holidays in Abu Dhabi increased by 49 per cent in 2013, compared to the previous year and this is thought to have been helped by the emirate's "Golf in Abu Dhabi" initiative.
"With an international promotional campaign working in key markets, positioning the emirate's fluid and straightforward approach to business, there is reason to suggest numbers will continue on this upward trend."
Commented Chris White, the General Manager of the award-winning Yas Links golf course.
The Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship has been taking place this week and runs until 19th Janaury and has featured some of the world's best golfers, who are competing at the Abu Dhabi Golf Club.
The Abu Dhabi Global Ambassador, Matteo Manassero, will be joined by players including Phil Mickelson, Rory McIlroy, Luke Donald, Sergio Garcia and HenrikStenson.
"It's without doubt one of the world's finest golf destinations. At every corner of the globe I travel for golf tournaments, I am inundated with people asking me about Abu Dhabi and what experiences are on offer. I tell them it's where I spend my time practicing between events, because of the golf facilities and because of the hotels and relaxation it affords visitors. It is number one for me."
Travellers taking golfing holidays in Abu Dhabi holidays will be able to choose from several courses including the18-hole country course at Al Ain Equestrian, Shooting and Golf Club; the floodlit, nine-hole urban course at Abu Dhabi City Golf Club; and the 18-hole sand course at Al Ghazal Golf Club.
The emirate has become a leading destination for golf holidays in the Middle East and thanks to the Golf in Abu Dhabi initiative, there are a wide selection of golf packages available to tourists.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Combine stunning luxury with the entertainment attractions on Yas Island
- Free shuttle service to all attractions on Yas Island
- Click through and upgrade to a room including access to Ferrari World or Yas Waterworld inclusive
- free room upgrade to the next category - book before 31st October 2016
For the ultimate golf experience in Abu Dhabi, stay at a luxurious hotel with all the trimmings that sits right next to a championship golf course
- Enjoy golf at the 18-Hole championship Yas Links Golf Course
- A few minutes' walk from the exciting Yas Waterworld & Yas Island Beach
- Upgrade and experience Ferrari World - The largest indoor and first theme park on Yas Island
- Free Half Board Included in this amazing offer
Enjoy your stay in Abu Dhabi at Shangri-La Qaryat Al Beri with stunning views of Abu Dhabi's landmark
- Enjoy stunning views of the Sheik Zayed Grand Mosque
- Relax on the private beach at the resort and at the luxurious Spa
- exclusively for our customers: free room upgrade on selected dates
- Walking distance to Abu Dhabi's duty free shopping malls and historial area
Start off at Al Raha Beach with plenty of shopping options nearby followed by a stay at Tilal Liwa Desert Camp
- Al Raha overlooks a pristine ribbon of private beach, and you'll be within easy access to the Formula 1 theme park and downtown Abu Dhabi
- Enjoy a wide range of unique experiences such as camel riding, desert safari, BBQ, wellness therapy and many more
- Relax in the pool overlooking the Liwa dunes and the vast desert beyond as far as your eye can see
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Get away from all your concerns and enjoy a tranquil 4-day stay at the luxurious Beach Rotana Hotel & Towers whilst you...
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...
Facing the Lulu Island and the Arabian Gulf, the stunning Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche is located in the one of the most...
The Beach Rotana Hotel is set on a pristine stretch of white beach on the shores of the Arabian Sea. Located in the...