Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives named leading family resort for second year
Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives has won the title of Leading Family Resort in the Maldives Travel Awards 2013 for the second year in a row. The awards are voted for via online votes from travel agents, operators and guests, plus a judging panel in Male and visits to the nominated resorts.
The Maldives Travel Awards 2013 have voted the Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives as the "Leading Family Resort" in the country.
This is the second year in a row that the Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives has won the title as the leading hotel for family holidays in the Maldives. The awards are based on online votes from travel agents, operators and guests and an inspection by judges.
The awards are presented by the Maldives Association of Travel Agents and Tour Operators (MATATO), which is made up of more than 50 organisations in the Maldives.
Voytek Klasicki, the General Manager of Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives, explained:
"The awards were started in 2012, when we entered in this category and won. Winning for the second time is a tremendous triumph for us, as the competition was intense. Our team here on the island is thrilled. Our success reflects on each and every one of them."
Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives is located within idyllic surroundings and offers the perfect location for romantic breaks, honeymoons, tropical relaxing escapes, and family holidays in the Maldives.
The upscale resort has 112 beautifully-appointed beachfront or oceanfront suites and villas that boast spacious furnished living areas; bathrooms with bathtubs or personal Jacuzzis and rain showers; a furnished terrace; and modern amenities including individually controlled air-conditioning, flat screen TVs with satellite, mini-bars, in-room safe, telephones, Wi-Fi Internet, hairdryers, and tea and coffee making facilities.
The all-inclusive resort is a fantastic spot for tropical family-friendly holidays and accommodation has been designed to cater for young ones with Water Villas fitted with child safety features, bunk beds and a PlayStation 3.
The hotel's facilities include a Kid's Club, swimming pools, five gourmet restaurants and bars, plus the exclusive Island Club that is available to premium guests and has amenities including a swimming pool, towel service, tropical fruits, and refreshing sorbets, and a sun bed concierge service.
Last year, the resort launched a promotion in partnership with the domestic carrier Flyme where one child travelling with a family has a free flight from Male International Airport (MLE) to Maamagili Airport and it can also stay at the resort completely free of charge.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
All villas are surrounded by palm trees or on stilts over the lagoon, making for a memorable stay.
- Free Upgarde from Half Board to All Inclusive! Book Now!
- Set on the tropical island of Dhuni Kolhu surrounded by warm waters of the Indian Ocean, and located only 30 minutes by sea plane from Male International Airport.
- Witness schools of dolphins playing in the azure waters or try fishing in the traditional Maldivian way while enjoying breath-taking sunset
- Find a state of relaxation with a variety of different treatments and massages created to indulge personal desires for well-being
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....