Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives named leading family resort for second year
Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives has won the title of Leading Family Resort in the Maldives Travel Awards 2013 for the second year in a row. The awards are voted for via online votes from travel agents, operators and guests, plus a judging panel in Male and visits to the nominated resorts.
The Maldives Travel Awards 2013 have voted the Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives as the "Leading Family Resort" in the country.
This is the second year in a row that the Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives has won the title as the leading hotel for family holidays in the Maldives. The awards are based on online votes from travel agents, operators and guests and an inspection by judges.
The awards are presented by the Maldives Association of Travel Agents and Tour Operators (MATATO), which is made up of more than 50 organisations in the Maldives.
Voytek Klasicki, the General Manager of Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives, explained:
"The awards were started in 2012, when we entered in this category and won. Winning for the second time is a tremendous triumph for us, as the competition was intense. Our team here on the island is thrilled. Our success reflects on each and every one of them."
Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives is located within idyllic surroundings and offers the perfect location for romantic breaks, honeymoons, tropical relaxing escapes, and family holidays in the Maldives.
The upscale resort has 112 beautifully-appointed beachfront or oceanfront suites and villas that boast spacious furnished living areas; bathrooms with bathtubs or personal Jacuzzis and rain showers; a furnished terrace; and modern amenities including individually controlled air-conditioning, flat screen TVs with satellite, mini-bars, in-room safe, telephones, Wi-Fi Internet, hairdryers, and tea and coffee making facilities.
The all-inclusive resort is a fantastic spot for tropical family-friendly holidays and accommodation has been designed to cater for young ones with Water Villas fitted with child safety features, bunk beds and a PlayStation 3.
The hotel's facilities include a Kid's Club, swimming pools, five gourmet restaurants and bars, plus the exclusive Island Club that is available to premium guests and has amenities including a swimming pool, towel service, tropical fruits, and refreshing sorbets, and a sun bed concierge service.
Last year, the resort launched a promotion in partnership with the domestic carrier Flyme where one child travelling with a family has a free flight from Male International Airport (MLE) to Maamagili Airport and it can also stay at the resort completely free of charge.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Benifit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters also featuring private sun decks
- The Main Restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western fare
- Easy acces to capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine effortless luxury with the stunning surrounding paradise in the Maldives
- Create lasting memories with a sunset cruise
- Discover the crystal clear waters and marine life through a wide range of water sports activities
- Relax and unwind in the well-appointed luxury villas
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...