Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives named leading family resort for second year
Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives has won the title of Leading Family Resort in the Maldives Travel Awards 2013 for the second year in a row. The awards are voted for via online votes from travel agents, operators and guests, plus a judging panel in Male and visits to the nominated resorts.
The Maldives Travel Awards 2013 have voted the Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives as the "Leading Family Resort" in the country.
This is the second year in a row that the Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives has won the title as the leading hotel for family holidays in the Maldives. The awards are based on online votes from travel agents, operators and guests and an inspection by judges.
The awards are presented by the Maldives Association of Travel Agents and Tour Operators (MATATO), which is made up of more than 50 organisations in the Maldives.
Voytek Klasicki, the General Manager of Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives, explained:
"The awards were started in 2012, when we entered in this category and won. Winning for the second time is a tremendous triumph for us, as the competition was intense. Our team here on the island is thrilled. Our success reflects on each and every one of them."
Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives is located within idyllic surroundings and offers the perfect location for romantic breaks, honeymoons, tropical relaxing escapes, and family holidays in the Maldives.
The upscale resort has 112 beautifully-appointed beachfront or oceanfront suites and villas that boast spacious furnished living areas; bathrooms with bathtubs or personal Jacuzzis and rain showers; a furnished terrace; and modern amenities including individually controlled air-conditioning, flat screen TVs with satellite, mini-bars, in-room safe, telephones, Wi-Fi Internet, hairdryers, and tea and coffee making facilities.
The all-inclusive resort is a fantastic spot for tropical family-friendly holidays and accommodation has been designed to cater for young ones with Water Villas fitted with child safety features, bunk beds and a PlayStation 3.
The hotel's facilities include a Kid's Club, swimming pools, five gourmet restaurants and bars, plus the exclusive Island Club that is available to premium guests and has amenities including a swimming pool, towel service, tropical fruits, and refreshing sorbets, and a sun bed concierge service.
Last year, the resort launched a promotion in partnership with the domestic carrier Flyme where one child travelling with a family has a free flight from Male International Airport (MLE) to Maamagili Airport and it can also stay at the resort completely free of charge.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
Sun Island is al elegant and serene paradise in the Indian Ocean whilst Media Rotana is perfectly positioned for you to explore the wonders of Dubai.
- Both properties have restaurants that cover dishes from around the world
- Media Rotana is perfectly located in the centre of Dubai, within easy reach of shopping centres, the gold souk and Dubai's famous creek
- Sun Island lies in the South Ari Atoll, and is surrounded by wide beaches of fine sand and offshore waters that house underwater gardens full of marine life
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream with the added royal treatment
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Let everything go as you observe breath-taking landscapes during a relaxing stay at the amazing Velassaru Maldives...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Get away from the mundane and enjoy eight days of uninterrupted sun and sand on the shores of one of the most sought...