Cuba Cruise embarks on premiere voyage from Havana
Cuba Cruise embarked on its first voyage from Havana in Cuba last weekend where it will circumnavigate the island stopping off first at Holguin. The ship will call at six ports and passengers will be able to visit the country's stunning beaches, wander around its colonial towns and explore the UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Cuba Cruise has embarked on its first voyage from Havana where it will circumnavigate the island nation.
After four years of planning and preparation, the Cuba Cruise vessel departed Havana last weekend heading to its first port of call Holguin. The ship will call at six ports in total and passengers will be able to stop off and enjoy the country's pristine beaches, visit the UNESCO World Heritage sites, and wander around historic colonial towns.
Dugald Wells, the President of Cuba Cruise, explained:
"Leaving the port for the first time was a magical experience. The energy is incredible and we're all very excited for the journey and adventures that await."
Cuba cruises will take place onboard the 480 stateroom, 25,611 tonne ship Louis Cristal which will depart from the city of Havana and travel around Cuba, stopping off at six ports.
The 960-passenger ship will provide plenty of entertainment and excellent cuisine for tourists visiting Cuba and guests can enjoy authentic Cuban dishes and international menus, plus dance and music performed by local Cuban performers.
There will also be cruises departing from Montego Bay in Jamaica enabling easy access for visitors' enjoying Caribbean holidays.
Facilities onboard the Cuba Cruise vessel include, a casino, stylish restaurants, elegant lounges, and open promenades, a swimming pool, fitness centre, beauty salon, shops, and meeting and conference rooms.
Cuba Cruise has 15 sailings scheduled for the 2013/2014 inaugural season and the cruise holidays last seven nights.
The Caribbean island of Cuba is a popular destination for international tourists thanks to its beautiful landscapes, rich history, and cultural offerings.
The bustling capital city of Havana is home to decaying ruins of historic buildings, vibrant bars and cafes, and bustling markets and streets, while the beach resort of Varadero boasts white sand beaches and luxury Cuba hotels and resorts.
The Jardines del Rey archipelago is one of the most popular attractions for travellers taking holidays to Cuba due to its turquoise, crystal clear waters and an impressive barrier reef system that is perfect for snorkelling and scuba diving activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Stay in a Sea View Room in Havana for all three nights, for an extra £20 per person
- Fly premium-economy class from an extra £199 per person, each way
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
This all-inclusive resort plays host to one of the finest white sandy beaches in the world. The luscious coral reef is...