Cuba Cruise embarks on premiere voyage from Havana
Cuba Cruise embarked on its first voyage from Havana in Cuba last weekend where it will circumnavigate the island stopping off first at Holguin. The ship will call at six ports and passengers will be able to visit the country's stunning beaches, wander around its colonial towns and explore the UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Cuba Cruise has embarked on its first voyage from Havana where it will circumnavigate the island nation.
After four years of planning and preparation, the Cuba Cruise vessel departed Havana last weekend heading to its first port of call Holguin. The ship will call at six ports in total and passengers will be able to stop off and enjoy the country's pristine beaches, visit the UNESCO World Heritage sites, and wander around historic colonial towns.
Dugald Wells, the President of Cuba Cruise, explained:
"Leaving the port for the first time was a magical experience. The energy is incredible and we're all very excited for the journey and adventures that await."
Cuba cruises will take place onboard the 480 stateroom, 25,611 tonne ship Louis Cristal which will depart from the city of Havana and travel around Cuba, stopping off at six ports.
The 960-passenger ship will provide plenty of entertainment and excellent cuisine for tourists visiting Cuba and guests can enjoy authentic Cuban dishes and international menus, plus dance and music performed by local Cuban performers.
There will also be cruises departing from Montego Bay in Jamaica enabling easy access for visitors' enjoying Caribbean holidays.
Facilities onboard the Cuba Cruise vessel include, a casino, stylish restaurants, elegant lounges, and open promenades, a swimming pool, fitness centre, beauty salon, shops, and meeting and conference rooms.
Cuba Cruise has 15 sailings scheduled for the 2013/2014 inaugural season and the cruise holidays last seven nights.
The Caribbean island of Cuba is a popular destination for international tourists thanks to its beautiful landscapes, rich history, and cultural offerings.
The bustling capital city of Havana is home to decaying ruins of historic buildings, vibrant bars and cafes, and bustling markets and streets, while the beach resort of Varadero boasts white sand beaches and luxury Cuba hotels and resorts.
The Jardines del Rey archipelago is one of the most popular attractions for travellers taking holidays to Cuba due to its turquoise, crystal clear waters and an impressive barrier reef system that is perfect for snorkelling and scuba diving activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- The perfect 5* multi centre - mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury adults-only all-suite hotel Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Havana has to offer
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...