Cuba Cruise embarks on premiere voyage from Havana
Cuba Cruise embarked on its first voyage from Havana in Cuba last weekend where it will circumnavigate the island stopping off first at Holguin. The ship will call at six ports and passengers will be able to visit the country's stunning beaches, wander around its colonial towns and explore the UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Cuba Cruise has embarked on its first voyage from Havana where it will circumnavigate the island nation.
After four years of planning and preparation, the Cuba Cruise vessel departed Havana last weekend heading to its first port of call Holguin. The ship will call at six ports in total and passengers will be able to stop off and enjoy the country's pristine beaches, visit the UNESCO World Heritage sites, and wander around historic colonial towns.
Dugald Wells, the President of Cuba Cruise, explained:
"Leaving the port for the first time was a magical experience. The energy is incredible and we're all very excited for the journey and adventures that await."
Cuba cruises will take place onboard the 480 stateroom, 25,611 tonne ship Louis Cristal which will depart from the city of Havana and travel around Cuba, stopping off at six ports.
The 960-passenger ship will provide plenty of entertainment and excellent cuisine for tourists visiting Cuba and guests can enjoy authentic Cuban dishes and international menus, plus dance and music performed by local Cuban performers.
There will also be cruises departing from Montego Bay in Jamaica enabling easy access for visitors' enjoying Caribbean holidays.
Facilities onboard the Cuba Cruise vessel include, a casino, stylish restaurants, elegant lounges, and open promenades, a swimming pool, fitness centre, beauty salon, shops, and meeting and conference rooms.
Cuba Cruise has 15 sailings scheduled for the 2013/2014 inaugural season and the cruise holidays last seven nights.
The Caribbean island of Cuba is a popular destination for international tourists thanks to its beautiful landscapes, rich history, and cultural offerings.
The bustling capital city of Havana is home to decaying ruins of historic buildings, vibrant bars and cafes, and bustling markets and streets, while the beach resort of Varadero boasts white sand beaches and luxury Cuba hotels and resorts.
The Jardines del Rey archipelago is one of the most popular attractions for travellers taking holidays to Cuba due to its turquoise, crystal clear waters and an impressive barrier reef system that is perfect for snorkelling and scuba diving activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...