Cuba Cruise embarks on premiere voyage from Havana
Cuba Cruise embarked on its first voyage from Havana in Cuba last weekend where it will circumnavigate the island stopping off first at Holguin. The ship will call at six ports and passengers will be able to visit the country's stunning beaches, wander around its colonial towns and explore the UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Cuba Cruise has embarked on its first voyage from Havana where it will circumnavigate the island nation.
After four years of planning and preparation, the Cuba Cruise vessel departed Havana last weekend heading to its first port of call Holguin. The ship will call at six ports in total and passengers will be able to stop off and enjoy the country's pristine beaches, visit the UNESCO World Heritage sites, and wander around historic colonial towns.
Dugald Wells, the President of Cuba Cruise, explained:
"Leaving the port for the first time was a magical experience. The energy is incredible and we're all very excited for the journey and adventures that await."
Cuba cruises will take place onboard the 480 stateroom, 25,611 tonne ship Louis Cristal which will depart from the city of Havana and travel around Cuba, stopping off at six ports.
The 960-passenger ship will provide plenty of entertainment and excellent cuisine for tourists visiting Cuba and guests can enjoy authentic Cuban dishes and international menus, plus dance and music performed by local Cuban performers.
There will also be cruises departing from Montego Bay in Jamaica enabling easy access for visitors' enjoying Caribbean holidays.
Facilities onboard the Cuba Cruise vessel include, a casino, stylish restaurants, elegant lounges, and open promenades, a swimming pool, fitness centre, beauty salon, shops, and meeting and conference rooms.
Cuba Cruise has 15 sailings scheduled for the 2013/2014 inaugural season and the cruise holidays last seven nights.
The Caribbean island of Cuba is a popular destination for international tourists thanks to its beautiful landscapes, rich history, and cultural offerings.
The bustling capital city of Havana is home to decaying ruins of historic buildings, vibrant bars and cafes, and bustling markets and streets, while the beach resort of Varadero boasts white sand beaches and luxury Cuba hotels and resorts.
The Jardines del Rey archipelago is one of the most popular attractions for travellers taking holidays to Cuba due to its turquoise, crystal clear waters and an impressive barrier reef system that is perfect for snorkelling and scuba diving activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars.
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches.
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more.
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...