Famous Capri Hotel finally reopens in Havana, Cuba
After 14 years of renovations costing more than more than 33 million Cuban pesos, one of the most famous hotels in Havana has officially reopened. Built in 1958 by New York mobster Santo Traficante, the Capri Hotel is famous for hosting gangster guests and for its reference by Mario Puzo in the film 'The Godfather'.
After more than a decade of refurbishments and renovations, the Capri Hotel in Cuba has finally reopened its doors to the public.
The hotel in Havana was built in 1957 by New York mobster Santo Traficante and it was famous for its reference in Mario Puzo's novel 'The Godfather'.
This iconic Cuban hotel opened its doors in Havana's Vedado district on 28th December, 2013 after 14 years of repairs costing more than 33 million Cuban pesos. Guest rooms and public areas have been refurbished and upgraded, while the air conditioning, fire alarms, hot water systems and water pressure, extraction and ventilation of the cold chamber, and electricity have all been repaired.
The Cuban architect Jose Canaves designed the 19-floor Havana property in 1956 and as well as having 250 guest rooms, the hotel had the famous cabaret "Salon Rojo" which was originally a casino.
During the 1950s, the property was amongst one of the most popular in Havana for American gangsters on visiting Cuba and its main features included a rooftop swimming pool and the restaurant, La Florentina.
Located very near the Nacional de Cuba hotel in Vedado district, the hotel is conveniently positioned close to the capital city's shopping district and tourist attractions.
The newly-opened hotel in Havana, which is operated by Gran Caribe group, is expected to attract mafia film buffs who are hoping to catch a glimpse inside the historical building which saw frequent visits from some of the world's most dangerous gangsters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Combine the vibrancy of charming Havana with a relaxing beach escape at a 24-hour All Inclusive resort in Varadero
- Never waste a minute in Varadero with everything from watersports to Spanish lessons to salsa and more
- Make the most of Havana with a private beach and the sea adjacent to the property and Old Havana nearby
- An excellent selection of restaurants and bars in Varadero including 3 a La Carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars
Soak up the atmosphere of the Caribbean's most unique city of the finest Spanish colonial architecture in the Americas . then, enjoy lazing on the soft sand of Varadero
- Added benefits in Varadero worth up to £200 per person including a free couples massage
- Havana hotel has beautiful ocean views and exclusive added values for couples
This Cuba holiday lets you experience two of its more glorious gems . historical Havana and the pristine beach of Varadero
- Occidental Miramar is located in the heart of Havana's Miramar District
- Baby Club and mini club available at the Villa Cuba hotel
- Non-motorized watersports including kayaks, windsurfing, sailing, water bicycles and snorkeling
Experience the raw beauty of colonial Havana from an elegant and quiet hotel, then relax on a fabulous beachfront resort set on Varadero's white sands.
- Quinta Avenida Habana - one of the newest hotels in Havana offers you 10% discount on all SPA Services*
- Enjoy a Free Stocked Mini bar during your stay in Havana*
- Non-motorized water sports in Varadero included (catamaran, snorkelling, windsurfing)
Begin your holiday experience staying at one of the newest luxury hotels in Havana’s posh district of Miramar, located a...
Your Cuban experience begins at the Occidental Miramar, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy Miramar...
If you want to really feel Cuba’s beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...