Hyatt Hotels and Resort opens Andaz Peninsula Papagayo in Costa Rica
Hyatt Hotels unveiled its debut property in Costa Rica last month with the opening of the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo, in Guanacaste. The luxury hotel opened its doors on 20th December, 2013 and has 153 guest rooms, an open-air lobby, an 11,000-square-foot spa with nine treatment rooms, and a full service marina.
Hyatt Hotels and Resorts has announced the recent opening of its debut property in Latin America.
The Andaz Peninsula Papagayo in Guanacaste, Costa Rica opened its doors to guests on 20th December, 2013.
Located on 28 acres of oceanfront land, the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo has 153 guest rooms and 21 suites, each with balconies boasting stunning views of the Bay of Culebra and local woven textiles and unique handcrafted furnishings. Modern in-room amenities include wireless internet, free mini-bar snacks, and unlimited local phone calls.
The hotel is located on the north-western Papagayo Peninsula in Guanacaste and its design and architecture has been inspired by the shapes of cocoons and seashells and reflects the area's local culture. Added touches include a "How to Surf Costa Rica Guide" for guests which has been written by surfing enthusiast twin brothers, Alex and Mike Faherty from the Faherty surf and lifestyle apparel brand, and a hotel soundtrack with Costa Rica-inspired songs selected by New York DJ, Jared Dietch.
One of the eco-friendly hotel's unique features is the restaurant that has been built around a tree and has different mezzanine levels that create the shape of oyster mushrooms. There are also two fine-dining seafood and tapas-style restaurants.
Hotel guests can enjoy beach activities, swim in the adults-only pool or have fun in the family pool, workout at the fitness centre, or admire the work of local artists at exhibits displayed in the hotel's Art Space.
The 11,000-square-foot ONDA Spa and its nine treatment rooms has a selection of pampering services and treatments, while the marina offers full boating services for guest arriving by sea.
Costa Rica, meaning "rich coast" is a country in Latin America bordered by the Caribbean Sea to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west and it is famous for its collection of breathtaking natural landscapes. The country is home more than 1,000 miles of coastline, thriving tropical rainforests, dense dry forests, active volcanoes, majestic mountains, white and black sand beaches, and an array of nature reserves that are thriving with wildlife and vibrant flora and fauna.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco -tourist dream destination
- This unique experience of canopy walkways allows you to experience the virgin cloud forest treetops. Through a bridge system you can marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
Located on the stunning Papagayo Peninsula in Guanacaste
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay in a Preferred Club room, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Enjoy activities galore including water aerobics, walks, themed nights, movies, cooking, volleyball, pilates and more.
- Choose between 3 romantic wedding packages, all including wedding cake, sparkling wine toast, honeymoon package, and free anniversary nights.
- Enjoy all-inclusive at an array of a la carte restaurants, or enjoy 24 hour room service.
Admire Costa Rica's cloud rainforest, climb a volcano, explore verdant grounds on a coffee plantation and relax on a beautiful beach at the end of it all
- Enjoy a coffee tour, witness an active volcano and bathe on the Pacific coast
- Experience Arenal Volcano with its rich fauna and flora
- Relax and enjoy a beach retreat at Guanacaste after your amazing tour
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your doors to new experiences as you venture to San Jose for a...
âââCosta Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife -...
Overview Costa Ricans will all agree that the Caribbean side of the country has a culture of its own. Coconut in every...