Hyatt Hotels and Resort opens Andaz Peninsula Papagayo in Costa Rica
Hyatt Hotels unveiled its debut property in Costa Rica last month with the opening of the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo, in Guanacaste. The luxury hotel opened its doors on 20th December, 2013 and has 153 guest rooms, an open-air lobby, an 11,000-square-foot spa with nine treatment rooms, and a full service marina.
Hyatt Hotels and Resorts has announced the recent opening of its debut property in Latin America.
The Andaz Peninsula Papagayo in Guanacaste, Costa Rica opened its doors to guests on 20th December, 2013.
Located on 28 acres of oceanfront land, the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo has 153 guest rooms and 21 suites, each with balconies boasting stunning views of the Bay of Culebra and local woven textiles and unique handcrafted furnishings. Modern in-room amenities include wireless internet, free mini-bar snacks, and unlimited local phone calls.
The hotel is located on the north-western Papagayo Peninsula in Guanacaste and its design and architecture has been inspired by the shapes of cocoons and seashells and reflects the area's local culture. Added touches include a "How to Surf Costa Rica Guide" for guests which has been written by surfing enthusiast twin brothers, Alex and Mike Faherty from the Faherty surf and lifestyle apparel brand, and a hotel soundtrack with Costa Rica-inspired songs selected by New York DJ, Jared Dietch.
One of the eco-friendly hotel's unique features is the restaurant that has been built around a tree and has different mezzanine levels that create the shape of oyster mushrooms. There are also two fine-dining seafood and tapas-style restaurants.
Hotel guests can enjoy beach activities, swim in the adults-only pool or have fun in the family pool, workout at the fitness centre, or admire the work of local artists at exhibits displayed in the hotel's Art Space.
The 11,000-square-foot ONDA Spa and its nine treatment rooms has a selection of pampering services and treatments, while the marina offers full boating services for guest arriving by sea.
Costa Rica, meaning "rich coast" is a country in Latin America bordered by the Caribbean Sea to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west and it is famous for its collection of breathtaking natural landscapes. The country is home more than 1,000 miles of coastline, thriving tropical rainforests, dense dry forests, active volcanoes, majestic mountains, white and black sand beaches, and an array of nature reserves that are thriving with wildlife and vibrant flora and fauna.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Surrounding the resort is an up-and-coming surf community, which offers guests with a variety of exciting tours and excursions
- Explorer's Club for kids and Core Zone for teens, while adults can relax by the poolside, enjoy a romantic dinner by the beach or unwind at Dreams Spa by Pevonia
- Perfect location to enjoy nature at its finest, a country renowned for its beaches, volcanoes, and biodiversity
- Spoil yourself with Unlimited-Luxury; gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits, 24-hour room service and much more all included
Admire Costa Rica's cloud rainforest, climb a volcano, explore verdant grounds on a coffee plantation and relax on a beautiful beach at the end of it all
- Relax and enjoy a beach retreat at Guanacaste after your immersive tour
- Experience Arenal Volcano with its rich fauna and flora
- Enjoy a coffee tour, witness an active volcano and bathe on the Pacific coast
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
The Hidden Jewels of Costa Rica Tour lets you explore the tropical paradise of Costa Rica and all of it's most...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...