South Africa's Airlink Airline to launch direct flights to Kruger National Park
The private South Africa-based airline, Airlink, has announced that it will be launching scheduled direct flights into Skukuza Airport in Kruger National Park this year. The flights will start on 2nd June, 2014 and will depart from Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town airports and will give tourists access to the Private Game Lodges and the South African National Park lodges and camps within the national park.
Airlink, a private airline based in South Africa, has announced that it will be launching new direct flights into Kruger National Park this summer.
The new flights will depart from Johannesburg (JNB), Durban (DUR) and Cape Town (CPT) airports and land in Skukuza Airport (SZK) in Kruger National Park giving tourists access to an array of accommodation options within the park.
The service will commence on 2nd June, 2014 and holidaymakers will be able to stay at the adjoining Private Game Lodges and the South African National Park lodges and camps within the national park.
David Mabunda, CEO of the National Parks, said:
"SAN Parks' long-haul clients and those from major centres will no longer be subjected to a one- or two-hour journey on poorly maintained roads from Nelspruit to the Kruger National Park. We are reliving a tradition that started in 1959 to enhance visitor convenience and experience. I look forward to working with our new partners in taking the business of managing national parks assets to another level."
During their stay within the Kruger National Park, tourists can go on a real African safari where they will have the chance to catch a sightings to the 'Big Five'.
Visitors to South Africa can also take a short air transfer from Skukuza Airport to Nelspruit KMIA where they can connect other destinations such as Livingstone in Zambia, and Vilanculos in Mozambique.
"The opportunity to link Skukuza synergistically with Airlink's other destinations in Botswana, Zambia and Mozambique will allow for very exciting African safari opportunities, a feature which our travel industry colleagues are extremely excited about."
Explained Rodger Foster, CEO of Airlink.
The country's stunning famous national park boasts several luxury lodges where guests can relax on romantic holidays, honeymoons or family breaks, whilst experiencing magnificent wild animals such as lions, elephants, leopards, zebras and giraffes, up close during guided African safaris.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In South Africa Browse all
Discover the beauty of South Africa and the buzz of Dubai
- Explore amazing Dubai while staying at Hilton Garden Inn Mall of The Emirates
- Your journey in South Africa includes all meals and 2 game drives per day
- Excellent services included in the tour: 6 days Toyoto Corolla Car rental with GPS and additional driver option
Best of Cape Town, Garden Route & Safari tour is your perfect choice to find out about the country, its history and culture.
- Your journey includes 3 exciting game drives to spot Africa's "Big Five": lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhinoceros
- Highlights includes: Cape Town Garden Route seeing the Cango Caves and the Swartberg Mountain, safari game drives, The Winelands, Monkeyland, Knysna Forest and more
- Excellent services included in the tour: 10 days Toyoto Corolla Car rental with GPS and additional driver option
From the amazing Blyde River Canyon to the iconic table Mountain, this tour has it all!
- Explore the underground Cango Caves at Oudtshoorn
- Visit a real Chief's village in Swaziland
- Go in search of Africa's 'Big Five' in Kruger National Park
Combine the excitement and adventure of South Africa with a luxurius stay in Maritius
- Swim with Dolphins in Mauritius for a simply amazing tropical experience
- Experience a spectacular Ballon Safari at Mabula Game Lodge
- Capture the magic and wonder of the big five in South Africa
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
This is a two-week journey that you will never forget as you are taken in by South Africa's wealth of wonders and...
South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic combinations of...
Sprinkled alongside the tranquil waterways of the picturesque V&A Waterfront Marina, The waterfront village boasts a...
Overview Cape Town is the “Mother City”, South Africa’s oldest city, and one of the world’s...
From the moment we depart the Friendly City of Port Elizabeth, youll see and feel the changing landscapeand why we call...