South Africa's Airlink Airline to launch direct flights to Kruger National Park
The private South Africa-based airline, Airlink, has announced that it will be launching scheduled direct flights into Skukuza Airport in Kruger National Park this year. The flights will start on 2nd June, 2014 and will depart from Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town airports and will give tourists access to the Private Game Lodges and the South African National Park lodges and camps within the national park.
Airlink, a private airline based in South Africa, has announced that it will be launching new direct flights into Kruger National Park this summer.
The new flights will depart from Johannesburg (JNB), Durban (DUR) and Cape Town (CPT) airports and land in Skukuza Airport (SZK) in Kruger National Park giving tourists access to an array of accommodation options within the park.
The service will commence on 2nd June, 2014 and holidaymakers will be able to stay at the adjoining Private Game Lodges and the South African National Park lodges and camps within the national park.
David Mabunda, CEO of the National Parks, said:
"SAN Parks' long-haul clients and those from major centres will no longer be subjected to a one- or two-hour journey on poorly maintained roads from Nelspruit to the Kruger National Park. We are reliving a tradition that started in 1959 to enhance visitor convenience and experience. I look forward to working with our new partners in taking the business of managing national parks assets to another level."
During their stay within the Kruger National Park, tourists can go on a real African safari where they will have the chance to catch a sightings to the 'Big Five'.
Visitors to South Africa can also take a short air transfer from Skukuza Airport to Nelspruit KMIA where they can connect other destinations such as Livingstone in Zambia, and Vilanculos in Mozambique.
"The opportunity to link Skukuza synergistically with Airlink's other destinations in Botswana, Zambia and Mozambique will allow for very exciting African safari opportunities, a feature which our travel industry colleagues are extremely excited about."
Explained Rodger Foster, CEO of Airlink.
The country's stunning famous national park boasts several luxury lodges where guests can relax on romantic holidays, honeymoons or family breaks, whilst experiencing magnificent wild animals such as lions, elephants, leopards, zebras and giraffes, up close during guided African safaris.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In South Africa Browse all
Travel through the wonderful winelands region of South Africa before a short stay in a fully-equipped Dubai city hotel
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha is set in Dubai's Al Barsha area, close to world-class shops, restaurants and popular Dubai attractions, just behind the Mall of The Emirates.
- Rental car included for the tour of South Africa
- Travel through the Winelands and Cape Peninsula in one of the most beautiful areas of the world
Relaxing and unforgettable experience - 11 nights tour including an excellent range of facilities
- Experience the fruitful lifestyle of the Cape Region
- Discover the spectacular landscapes of the Kruger region
- Travel to Karongwe Private Game Reserve to get exclusive access, day and night, to a wide range of animals including the "Big Five"
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
Dive into an awe-inspiring South Africa and Mauritius package
- Free Wi-Fi connection at lobby, restaurant & bar in Mauritius
- Walk along jacaranda-lined streets and savour all the sights and sounds from the Voortrekker Monument to the Union Buildings
- Visit to a Centre for Endangered Species allowing visitors the opportunity to view and interact with a variety of rare, vulnerable or endangered animals
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Nestled upon the St Lucia Estuary, the elephant lake hotel is surrounded by natural beauty and offers a thrilling array...
Surrounded by more than 8,000 hectares of malaria free, unspoiled African bushveld, the affordable, laidback and...
Sprinkled alongside the tranquil waterways of the picturesque V&A Waterfront Marina, The waterfront village boasts a...