Dubai gets ready to break New Year's Eve firework world record
Dubai is getting ready to stage the world's largest ever fireworks display tonight at the Atlantis, The Palm. The emirate is hoping to break the world record for the biggest ever display to be held on New Year's Eve and it will run alongside the famous Sandance music festival with DJs including Pete Tong and Paul Oakenfold and music from Emeli Sande.
The United Arab Emirate of Dubai is getting ready to host the world's largest fireworks display this evening as it attempts to break a world record.
The fireworks display will be hosted by Atlantis, The Palm and will involve several displays taken place simultaneously across Dubai, followed by a grand finale at the luxury hotel.
The display will run alongside the famous Sundance music festival which has a fantastic line-up this year with DJs including Pete Tong, Paul Oakenfield, and live music from Emeli Sande.
The luxury hotel opened its doors to tourists in 2008 and it was rumoured to have spent $40 million on the launch party, with $3 million spent on a spectacular fireworks display. The New Year's Eve display is expected to be twice as big as the launch event.
The current Guinness World Records holder for the biggest fireworks display in term of area is held by Kuwait City. The event took place on 10th November, 2012 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the constitution and it featured 77,282 pyrotechnics, stretched along five kilometres of beachfront, lasting 64 minutes.
The Atlantis, The Palm is hoping to break all three of these records as well as host an evening of entertainment for all ages.
Tourists enjoying the luxurious hotel on Jumeirah beach can attend the Gala Dinner with fine cuisine in an elegant outdoor setting, plus live entertainment and fantastic views of the fireworks at midnight.
There will be three 'Gold', 'Silver' and 'Bronze' menu options for families staying at the hotel and the Kids Club and Club Rush will host New Year's Eve parties for its guests.
Tickets for the Sandance festival cost Dh530 on the night and VIP tickets cost Dh600.
Atlantis The Palm is located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah island which is one is one of three artificial Palm Islands in Dubai that stretches into the Persian Gulf off the emirate's shoreline.
The spectacular event will mark the end of a successful year for Dubai, after it recently won the bid to host the World Expo 2020.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Take in the stunning 37 acre gardens of a property ideally situated in the heart of Dubai
- Good location from which to exploire Dubai's attractions such as the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall or the souks of Deira
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- 14 restaurants and bars to suit every type of dining occassion, 4 swimming pools as well as rooms with a marble bath and spa tub
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Dubai has emerged as a top tourist destination for travellers across the globe. The city of Dubai in UAE reflects the...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...