Dubai gets ready to break New Year's Eve firework world record
Dubai is getting ready to stage the world's largest ever fireworks display tonight at the Atlantis, The Palm. The emirate is hoping to break the world record for the biggest ever display to be held on New Year's Eve and it will run alongside the famous Sandance music festival with DJs including Pete Tong and Paul Oakenfold and music from Emeli Sande.
The United Arab Emirate of Dubai is getting ready to host the world's largest fireworks display this evening as it attempts to break a world record.
The fireworks display will be hosted by Atlantis, The Palm and will involve several displays taken place simultaneously across Dubai, followed by a grand finale at the luxury hotel.
The display will run alongside the famous Sundance music festival which has a fantastic line-up this year with DJs including Pete Tong, Paul Oakenfield, and live music from Emeli Sande.
The luxury hotel opened its doors to tourists in 2008 and it was rumoured to have spent $40 million on the launch party, with $3 million spent on a spectacular fireworks display. The New Year's Eve display is expected to be twice as big as the launch event.
The current Guinness World Records holder for the biggest fireworks display in term of area is held by Kuwait City. The event took place on 10th November, 2012 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the constitution and it featured 77,282 pyrotechnics, stretched along five kilometres of beachfront, lasting 64 minutes.
The Atlantis, The Palm is hoping to break all three of these records as well as host an evening of entertainment for all ages.
Tourists enjoying the luxurious hotel on Jumeirah beach can attend the Gala Dinner with fine cuisine in an elegant outdoor setting, plus live entertainment and fantastic views of the fireworks at midnight.
There will be three 'Gold', 'Silver' and 'Bronze' menu options for families staying at the hotel and the Kids Club and Club Rush will host New Year's Eve parties for its guests.
Tickets for the Sandance festival cost Dh530 on the night and VIP tickets cost Dh600.
Atlantis The Palm is located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah island which is one is one of three artificial Palm Islands in Dubai that stretches into the Persian Gulf off the emirate's shoreline.
The spectacular event will mark the end of a successful year for Dubai, after it recently won the bid to host the World Expo 2020.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai , the only hotel with a restaurant with 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...