Dubai gets ready to break New Year's Eve firework world record
Dubai is getting ready to stage the world's largest ever fireworks display tonight at the Atlantis, The Palm. The emirate is hoping to break the world record for the biggest ever display to be held on New Year's Eve and it will run alongside the famous Sandance music festival with DJs including Pete Tong and Paul Oakenfold and music from Emeli Sande.
The United Arab Emirate of Dubai is getting ready to host the world's largest fireworks display this evening as it attempts to break a world record.
The fireworks display will be hosted by Atlantis, The Palm and will involve several displays taken place simultaneously across Dubai, followed by a grand finale at the luxury hotel.
The display will run alongside the famous Sundance music festival which has a fantastic line-up this year with DJs including Pete Tong, Paul Oakenfield, and live music from Emeli Sande.
The luxury hotel opened its doors to tourists in 2008 and it was rumoured to have spent $40 million on the launch party, with $3 million spent on a spectacular fireworks display. The New Year's Eve display is expected to be twice as big as the launch event.
The current Guinness World Records holder for the biggest fireworks display in term of area is held by Kuwait City. The event took place on 10th November, 2012 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the constitution and it featured 77,282 pyrotechnics, stretched along five kilometres of beachfront, lasting 64 minutes.
The Atlantis, The Palm is hoping to break all three of these records as well as host an evening of entertainment for all ages.
Tourists enjoying the luxurious hotel on Jumeirah beach can attend the Gala Dinner with fine cuisine in an elegant outdoor setting, plus live entertainment and fantastic views of the fireworks at midnight.
There will be three 'Gold', 'Silver' and 'Bronze' menu options for families staying at the hotel and the Kids Club and Club Rush will host New Year's Eve parties for its guests.
Tickets for the Sandance festival cost Dh530 on the night and VIP tickets cost Dh600.
Atlantis The Palm is located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah island which is one is one of three artificial Palm Islands in Dubai that stretches into the Persian Gulf off the emirate's shoreline.
The spectacular event will mark the end of a successful year for Dubai, after it recently won the bid to host the World Expo 2020.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free WIFI
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
Relax and enjoy your stay at this five-star resort excellent choice for families
- Enjoy many additional complimentary benefits when staying in the newly refurbished superior rooms
- First child stay free on bed and breakfast up to the age of 14 when sharing with parents
- Amazing choice of award winning restaurants and bars
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
Dubai has emerged as a top tourist destination for travellers across the globe. The city of Dubai in UAE reflects the...