British Airways opens new lounge at Cape Town Airport in South Africa
The UK's leading airline British Airways has opened a brand new lounge at Cape Town Airport (CPT) in South Africa. The new lounge is twice the size of the previous Terraces lounge and can accommodate up to 148 customers with facilities including Wi-Fi, a wireless 'air printing' facility, showers and dining options.
British Airways has announced the opening of its new lounge in Cape Town Airport (CPT) which can accommodate up to 148 customers.
The new lounge at the airport in South Africa is twice the size of the previous Terraces lounge and facilities include Wi-Fi, showers, dining options, and an 'air printing' that allows passengers to print from their own devices without having to connect to the printer.
Richard Tams, the Head of UK and Sales for British Airways, commented:
"This new, much larger lounge, which is part of our £5bn investment in products and services to benefit our customers, will offer our guests all the facilities we know they value such as the ability to work, relax, dine and freshen-up."
The lounge is 680 square metres and its design has been influenced by British and South African style. The space has been designed by Johannesburg-based design agency Tonic Design and the British Airways lounge development team. Its features include a tiled floor in the traditional herringbone pattern with finishing touches from Giles Miller, fabrics designed by Osbourne and Little, and artwork from up-and-coming South African artists.
Before departing from Cape Town, passengers will be able to sample the best of the region's wines in a dedicated area of the lounge on selected departure dates.
British Airways First and Club World customers, Executive Club Gold and Silver members and Oneworld frequent flyers with Emerald and Sapphire status will be able to use the new lounge.
The opening of the lounge has taken place ahead of the three extra weekly Cape Town Boeing 777-200ER flights that will run through nest year's winter season.
Cape Town is one of South Africa's most popular tourist destinations thanks to its sunny climate and stunning natural scenery including sandy beaches and the famous Table Mountain where visitors can marvel at the stunning open natural surroundings and the breathtaking panoramic views of the city and ocean below.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In South Africa Browse all
Discover the beauty of South Africa and the buzz of Dubai
- Explore amazing Dubai while staying at Hilton Garden Inn Mall of The Emirates
- Your journey in South Africa includes all meals and 2 game drives per day
- Excellent services included in the tour: 6 days Toyoto Corolla Car rental with GPS and additional driver option
Relaxing and unforgettable experience - 11 nights tour including an excellent range of facilities
- Experience the fruitful lifestyle of the Cape Region
- Discover the spectacular landscapes of the Kruger region
- Travel to Karongwe Private Game Reserve to get exclusive access, day and night, to a wide range of animals including the "Big Five"
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
Luxuriate in Mauritius ahead of a South African Safari
- Enjoy the breath taking views across the Blyde River Canyon (3 Rondavels), Bourke's Luck Potholes, Lisbon waterfalls and God's Window
- There is an 18-hole professional golf course nearby at Anahita
- Free Wi-Fi connection at lobby, restaurant & bar in Mauritius
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
Nestled upon the St Lucia Estuary, the elephant lake hotel is surrounded by natural beauty and offers a thrilling array...
Surrounded by more than 8,000 hectares of malaria free, unspoiled African bushveld, the affordable, laidback and...
Located directly within Cape Town's historical city centre, this tranquil, modern and elegant hotel serves as the...