India's first Pure Rooms open at Meluha, The Fern
Meluha, The Fern has become the first hotel in India to offer Pure Rooms. The property offers 19 rooms that are 99 per cent pollution-free thanks to a seven-step purification process so guests can breathe easily. The facility has been certified by the New York-based company Pure Solutions and the hotel is hoping to turn all 108 of its guest rooms into Pure Rooms in the future.
A Mumbai hotel has become the first hotel in India to provide pollution-free "Pure Rooms" for its guests.
Meluha, The Fern in Powai, Mumbai in India has transformed 19 of its 108 guest rooms into Pure Rooms which enables guests to rest and breathe easily in a 99 per cent pollution-free environment.
Garfield Soares; the Sales Manager of Meluha, The Fern; talking to Zee News India explained:
"We have been able to create this facility only on the sixth floor where 19 rooms have been certified as Pure Rooms."
Soares added that their guests are mostly expats who have strong concerns about health and allergies and they look for hotel facilities that are pollution-free. He commented:
"It was their queries which made us go through the elaborate procedure which was certified by New York based Pure Solutions, six months ago."
The award-winning hotel in Mumbai has been certified by New York based Pure Solutions and according to the company it involves:
"a seven-step purification process which treats every surface, including the air, removing up to 99 per cent of pollutants to help you breathe easy and rest peacefully. Our air-purification system protects you from airborne irritants, and eliminates odours at the source, leaving the room smelling fresh and clean."
A stay in the Pure Rooms costs between Rs 8,000 and Rs 16,000 per night and due to the demand and positive response so far, Meluha, The Fern is planning to turn all of the India hotel's guest rooms into Pure Rooms in the future.
Approximately 75 per cent of the Mumbai hotel's guests originate from the United States and Europe and the property has received a fantastic response from tourists who have experienced this pure indulgence, saying it was "the best night's sleep in a long time."
One of these guests was Dr Nathan Swansea, an asthma and allergy doctor who recently visited Mumbai for a conference.
"This process provides an effective solution for those looking for a safe haven while travelling away from home," he commented. "Knowing how little it needs for my own allergy to trigger off I did not want to take chances. Though the conference is in the other end of town, I realised I needed a good night's sleep, especially with the jet-lag."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Go on a holiday of a lifetime visiting many of the must see tourist spots and more secluded parts that will memorable memories
- Experience the amazing "Lowering of the Flag" ceremony
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Go for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure and get a fuller taste of India when you combine culture and village lifestyle traditions.
- Services of an English-Speaking local Guide shall be provided for the sightseeing and excursion tours as per the itinerary
- This is a journey through the heart of India to explore the old and new part of Delhi the capital city, the Taj Mahal in Agra and much more
- During the tour you will be staying at fabulous comfortable hotels that are all 4* and above
A magical journey on the fastest train in India - A truly once-in-a-lifetime experience to see the Golden Triangle
Travel through the heart of this wonderful country unearthing many hidden gems and witnessing many of India's most famous landmarks and monuments
- Journey on the fantastic Gatimaan Express, India's first train of it's type that was launched in April 2016
- Enjoy various excursions along the way such as a rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, Jeep ride ascending Amber Fort and a Rajasthani feast with a local family, all included
- Travel between New Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, with English speaking local guides for sightseeing and excursion tours
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
India can make a strong claim to be the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Enjoy an India adventure with this ten night tour of some of India's most mystical cities and attractions. This is a...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Ideally located on the shore of the longest beach, The Zuri White Sands, Goa Resort and Casino is perfect for those...