India's first Pure Rooms open at Meluha, The Fern
Meluha, The Fern has become the first hotel in India to offer Pure Rooms. The property offers 19 rooms that are 99 per cent pollution-free thanks to a seven-step purification process so guests can breathe easily. The facility has been certified by the New York-based company Pure Solutions and the hotel is hoping to turn all 108 of its guest rooms into Pure Rooms in the future.
A Mumbai hotel has become the first hotel in India to provide pollution-free "Pure Rooms" for its guests.
Meluha, The Fern in Powai, Mumbai in India has transformed 19 of its 108 guest rooms into Pure Rooms which enables guests to rest and breathe easily in a 99 per cent pollution-free environment.
Garfield Soares; the Sales Manager of Meluha, The Fern; talking to Zee News India explained:
"We have been able to create this facility only on the sixth floor where 19 rooms have been certified as Pure Rooms."
Soares added that their guests are mostly expats who have strong concerns about health and allergies and they look for hotel facilities that are pollution-free. He commented:
"It was their queries which made us go through the elaborate procedure which was certified by New York based Pure Solutions, six months ago."
The award-winning hotel in Mumbai has been certified by New York based Pure Solutions and according to the company it involves:
"a seven-step purification process which treats every surface, including the air, removing up to 99 per cent of pollutants to help you breathe easy and rest peacefully. Our air-purification system protects you from airborne irritants, and eliminates odours at the source, leaving the room smelling fresh and clean."
A stay in the Pure Rooms costs between Rs 8,000 and Rs 16,000 per night and due to the demand and positive response so far, Meluha, The Fern is planning to turn all of the India hotel's guest rooms into Pure Rooms in the future.
Approximately 75 per cent of the Mumbai hotel's guests originate from the United States and Europe and the property has received a fantastic response from tourists who have experienced this pure indulgence, saying it was "the best night's sleep in a long time."
One of these guests was Dr Nathan Swansea, an asthma and allergy doctor who recently visited Mumbai for a conference.
"This process provides an effective solution for those looking for a safe haven while travelling away from home," he commented. "Knowing how little it needs for my own allergy to trigger off I did not want to take chances. Though the conference is in the other end of town, I realised I needed a good night's sleep, especially with the jet-lag."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Glimpses of Kerala allows you to see the unique geographical features that have made it one of the most sought after tourist destinations in Asia
- Enjoy a private tour with an extra £99 per person, £300 off the usual price (includes private car, driver and guides)
- Relax on the backwaters of Kerala upon an enchanting Houseboat
- Knowledgable, English speaking guide
Explore India's famed landmarks and rich culture on an all-encompassing adventure that leaves no stone unturned
- Call now to upgrade to a private tour, including a private car and driver, and personal local guides
- Envisage many world renowned sights including the Taj Mahal with amazing inclusions to experience such as an exclusive Rajasthani Feast
- During the tour you'll be able to enjoy various extras including a bicycle rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, a Chambal River Safari and much more
Discover the enchantment of India and marvel at the splendour of the Golden Triangle in style, then follow in the footsteps of the great sultans on a Tiger Safari
- See the Majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, see the Red Fort and then walk down the bustling streets of Chandni Chowk in Delhi
- Tour includes Horse Carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal and Elephant Ride to the Amber Fort
- Discover Ranthambore National Park's Jungle Safari
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Enjoy an India adventure with this ten night tour of some of India's most mystical cities and attractions. This is a...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
See why India can make a strong claim to be the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world on this...