Arrival of new Sandals Barbados Resort welcomed by its neighbours
The General Manager of the Cobblers Cove in Barbados has welcomed the arrival of a new Sandals hotel. Alistair Forrest said that the two properties are not in direct competition because the Sandals resort is larger and all inclusive while the Cobblers Cove is a smaller boutique hotel.
Following the opening of the new Sandals resort in Barbados, the General Manager of its neighbour, Cobblers Cove, has welcomed the arrival.
Alistair Forrest said that because Cobblers Cove is a small boutique hotel and the new Sandals in Barbados is a massive all inclusive resort, so the two properties are not in direct competition.
Talking about the giant Sandals chain of adults-only, all inclusive resorts in the Caribbean, and more precisely about their newest resort in Barbados, which now sits right next to his hotel, Mr Forrrest said:
"It's fabulous news to have Sandals here and soon a Beaches resort, as well. We needed something to shake this place up, to show that Barbados is part of the Caribbean."
"Our markets are different, Sandals is all-inclusive, Cobblers is not, although we do include afternoon tea and offer a dinner-included rate and a dine-around package with two other properties. Sandals is bigger, with 280 rooms; Cobblers is boutique size, with 40 suites."
Cobblers Cove is a Relais and Chateaux member and it has recently undergone a series of refurbishment projects. These include refurbished guest rooms, upgraded bathrooms, new sundecks and lounges for the Colleton and Camelot suites, and renovations in the restaurant.
The Sandals luxury all inclusive beach resort, formerly the Couples Barbados, opened in early November and it will be carrying out enhancements over the next few months.
The Chief Executive of Sandals Hotels and Resorts, Adam Stewart, spoke about the new Barbados property, saying that it will be adding five new restaurants to the hotel. These include a sushi restaurant, teppanyaki restaurant, British pub, pizzeria and a steakhouse.
"The renovation of the spa and lobby was very tasteful, but there are things we want to do to 'Sandalise' the resort." explained Stewart.
As well as having a new Sandals in Barbados, the hotel group is also planning to open a Beaches Barbados in 2015 which is being built on the former Almond Beach Village site.
"The dynamics of having both a Beaches and Sandals in a destination is fantastic," Mr Stewart added.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Situated across the road from the stunning Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
- FREE roadtrip airport transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Savings of up to 40% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE for stays in 2018 and 2019
Bask in glorious Caribbean sunshine at Ocean Two Resort & Residences and let every ounce of stress melt away as you gaze at the stunning turquoise waters lapping up the sparkling white sands.
- Summer 18 Sale now on with savings of upto 45% and complimentary Breakfast in any Bedroom Suites
- All apartment suites boast large sitting rooms, contemporary kitchens, flat-screen TVs and spectacular ocean views
- Adults Only Rooftop pool with panoramic views of Barbados and the Sea
Enjoy Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, the all-suite resort thats warm service and superb facilities that complete a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados
- Exclusive last minute DOUBLE FREE room upgrade to Deluxe Ocean View Suite as seen on Secret Escapes
- Kids 16 and under stay, play and eat free
- Enjoy five onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...