Punta Cana's Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort awarded Green Globe Certification
The Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort in the Dominican Republic has recently been awarded Green Globe certification. The Punta Cana property has integrated green practices that help reduce CO2 emissions and water consumption and for years the luxury resort has met the high standards related to conservation and corporate social responsibility.
A luxury Punta Cana resort has been awarded the coveted Green Globe certification after years of meeting international high standards and dedication to conservation, corporate social responsibility, and protecting the environment.
The Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort in the Dominican Republic is located on one of the world's top ten beaches, which is protected by a coral reef, and it is a leading resort for luxury holidays to Punta Cana.
As well as implementing green practices in waste management, energy saving and biodegradable products, sustainable design and construction, and regular staff training to improve ecological awareness, the adults-only all inclusive resort is closely involved with the community. The Dominican Republic hotel regularly hosts seminars and educates local school children on environmental issues, as well as organising beach clean-up days, and supporting relief programmes.
"We are very proud about our achievement. This prestigious award represents a milestone for our resort, and we will do our best to keep improving our sustainability efforts.
"Ethical and environmentally-friendly practices are integrated into the core values of our resort, recognising that this will sustain our business for the present and the future. It is very important to preserve this beautiful part of the world, and be able to offer an eco-friendly vacation to our guests."
Stated Javier Cordero, the Director at the Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort.
The CEO of Green Globe, Guido Bauer spoke at the official ceremony last week, saying:
"Going ‘Green' has already resulted in significant savings of energy and natural resources at the Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort.
"Over the period of one year, water consumption was reduced by 8.2%, which equals 52 Olympic swimming pools, and CO2 emissions were cut down by 11,000 tons – equivalent to five round trip flights from Dubai to London."
Situated on the eastern coast of the island nation just 15 kilometres from Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ), Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort is one of the most luxurious hotels in the region with a variety of accommodation including Master Front Ocean View Suites, Superior Front Ocean View Club rooms and Superior rooms.
In the Dominican Republic holidays guests can enjoy seven tennis courts, four multi-sports courts, a full size football pitch and an 18-hole mini golf course designed by the renowned P. B. Dye.
Tourists planning to visit the Dominican Republic this winter will be able to relax amid tranquil surroundings on the soft white sand while admiring views of the sparkling turquoise ocean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Enjoy the relaxed vibes of the all inclusive resort in Punta Cana, complete with exclusive extras for couples!
- Enjoy a la carte cuisine in La Gondola, La perla or grills at media luna
- The resort is set in a picturesque location beside a secluded stretch of beach at Punta Cana
- Receive a 10% discount at the hotel spa
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
- Free upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Room
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Answer the call of the Dominican Republic's third-largest city and plunge into a world of lush tropical jungles and...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...
Spend eight days lazing in the abundant Punta Cana sunshine as you enjoy the best in hospitality that the Dominican...
Don't miss out on the ultimate 8-day Caribbean experience at the all-inclusive Be Live Hamaca in Punta Cana, Dominican...