Luxurious Velaa Private Island Resort to open in the Maldives in December
A brand new luxurious resort will be opening in the Maldives next month, providing the ultimate high end experience for holidaymakers. Velaa Private Island boasts 43 private villas, 18 of which are built over the water on stilts; three restaurants, two bars, and a wine cellar; and a spa, yoga pavilion, a golf academy, and dive centre.
The new upscale resort is due to open in the Maldives in December, 2013, bringing the ultimate luxurious experience for holidaymakers.
Velaa Private Island, Maldives is surrounded by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean and the resort is home to 43 luxurious private villas that have been built using local materials and each boast large outdoor areas and private swimming pools. Eighteen of the villas have been built on stilts and stand over the crystal clear waters and the exclusive Romantic Villa is only accessible by boat.
"Our dream is bring new meaning to 'private moments', where the essence of Maldivian culture, lifestyle and landscape meets limitless opportunities, where no request is too much, and each guest will ultimately feel this is their own private island."
Explained Jiri Smejc, the owner of the resort.
The name Velaa means "Turtle Island" in the Maldivian language and over the years, generations of turtles have come to the island to nest and hatch. The resort has a hatchery and conservation plan in place to welcome the additional maritime guests.
As well as one and two-bedroom beach and water villas, the Maldives resort has four large four-bedroom residences that each boast more than 1,350 square metres of space and have two terraces, a swimming pool and a courtyard.
Velaa Private Residences also have personal spa and gym rooms and the properties can accommodate up to 10 guests which makes it an excellent option for large groups taking Maldives holidays.
The Maldives hotel's facilities include three gourmet restaurants with menus designed by Michelin starred chef Adeline Grattard and ingredients sourced from a private herb garden, plus two bars and a wine cellar.
In the Maldives, guests can enjoying rejuvenating treatments at the spa which has six treatment rooms over the azure lagoon and the Maldives' first ‘snow room' which is a cloud-shaped reclining pod that sways and rocks guests deeper into their relaxation. The spa also features the spa brand, My Blend By Clarins, with exclusive My Blend facial products and personalised facial and body treatments by Clarins.
A yoga pavilion is available where holidaymakers can enjoy sessions with a yoga master and personal training on the beach or on a raised tree meditation platform in the lush tropical gardens.
Leisure facilities at the luxury resort include tennis and squash courts, a football field, beach volleyball court, and the only Troon Short Game Golf Academy in the Maldives, which was designed by Masters Champion Jose Maria Olazabal.
The onsite dive centre gives guests the chance to enjoy diving excursions, PADI certification courses, or snorkelling adventures. Water enthusiasts visiting the Maldives can enjoy windsurfing, kayaking, sailing, wakeboarding, water-skiing and kite surfing and a unique adventure on the only two-passenger private submarine in the country.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Benifit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters also featuring private sun decks
- The Main Restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western fare
- Easy acces to capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...