Luxurious Velaa Private Island Resort to open in the Maldives in December
A brand new luxurious resort will be opening in the Maldives next month, providing the ultimate high end experience for holidaymakers. Velaa Private Island boasts 43 private villas, 18 of which are built over the water on stilts; three restaurants, two bars, and a wine cellar; and a spa, yoga pavilion, a golf academy, and dive centre.
The new upscale resort is due to open in the Maldives in December, 2013, bringing the ultimate luxurious experience for holidaymakers.
Velaa Private Island, Maldives is surrounded by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean and the resort is home to 43 luxurious private villas that have been built using local materials and each boast large outdoor areas and private swimming pools. Eighteen of the villas have been built on stilts and stand over the crystal clear waters and the exclusive Romantic Villa is only accessible by boat.
"Our dream is bring new meaning to 'private moments', where the essence of Maldivian culture, lifestyle and landscape meets limitless opportunities, where no request is too much, and each guest will ultimately feel this is their own private island."
Explained Jiri Smejc, the owner of the resort.
The name Velaa means "Turtle Island" in the Maldivian language and over the years, generations of turtles have come to the island to nest and hatch. The resort has a hatchery and conservation plan in place to welcome the additional maritime guests.
As well as one and two-bedroom beach and water villas, the Maldives resort has four large four-bedroom residences that each boast more than 1,350 square metres of space and have two terraces, a swimming pool and a courtyard.
Velaa Private Residences also have personal spa and gym rooms and the properties can accommodate up to 10 guests which makes it an excellent option for large groups taking Maldives holidays.
The Maldives hotel's facilities include three gourmet restaurants with menus designed by Michelin starred chef Adeline Grattard and ingredients sourced from a private herb garden, plus two bars and a wine cellar.
In the Maldives, guests can enjoying rejuvenating treatments at the spa which has six treatment rooms over the azure lagoon and the Maldives' first ‘snow room' which is a cloud-shaped reclining pod that sways and rocks guests deeper into their relaxation. The spa also features the spa brand, My Blend By Clarins, with exclusive My Blend facial products and personalised facial and body treatments by Clarins.
A yoga pavilion is available where holidaymakers can enjoy sessions with a yoga master and personal training on the beach or on a raised tree meditation platform in the lush tropical gardens.
Leisure facilities at the luxury resort include tennis and squash courts, a football field, beach volleyball court, and the only Troon Short Game Golf Academy in the Maldives, which was designed by Masters Champion Jose Maria Olazabal.
The onsite dive centre gives guests the chance to enjoy diving excursions, PADI certification courses, or snorkelling adventures. Water enthusiasts visiting the Maldives can enjoy windsurfing, kayaking, sailing, wakeboarding, water-skiing and kite surfing and a unique adventure on the only two-passenger private submarine in the country.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Surrounded by crystal clear waters and tropical vegetation, Olhuveli Beach and Spa Resort is home away from home.
- Sunset Fishing, Male Sightseeing, a visit to a local island and Snorkelling Safari are just some of the excursions available
- From a kids club and live evening entertainment to the Sun Spa, there is something to cater for the needs of all family members
- Enjoy spa credit, included excursions, sunset cruises and more with the Emerald Plan, whilst the All Inclusive package offers use of sports facilities for free
- free room upgrade to the next category
Bask in the crystal waters of the Indian Ocean with this stunning Maldivian hideaway
- Explore the local reef with an expert guide
- Experience the true Maldivian way of life with a local family
- Indulge your senses with serene tranquillity at the Spa
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Transform your senses and discover a new world at the picturesque Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort. The elegantly designed...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....