Luxurious Velaa Private Island Resort to open in the Maldives in December
A brand new luxurious resort will be opening in the Maldives next month, providing the ultimate high end experience for holidaymakers. Velaa Private Island boasts 43 private villas, 18 of which are built over the water on stilts; three restaurants, two bars, and a wine cellar; and a spa, yoga pavilion, a golf academy, and dive centre.
The new upscale resort is due to open in the Maldives in December, 2013, bringing the ultimate luxurious experience for holidaymakers.
Velaa Private Island, Maldives is surrounded by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean and the resort is home to 43 luxurious private villas that have been built using local materials and each boast large outdoor areas and private swimming pools. Eighteen of the villas have been built on stilts and stand over the crystal clear waters and the exclusive Romantic Villa is only accessible by boat.
"Our dream is bring new meaning to 'private moments', where the essence of Maldivian culture, lifestyle and landscape meets limitless opportunities, where no request is too much, and each guest will ultimately feel this is their own private island."
Explained Jiri Smejc, the owner of the resort.
The name Velaa means "Turtle Island" in the Maldivian language and over the years, generations of turtles have come to the island to nest and hatch. The resort has a hatchery and conservation plan in place to welcome the additional maritime guests.
As well as one and two-bedroom beach and water villas, the Maldives resort has four large four-bedroom residences that each boast more than 1,350 square metres of space and have two terraces, a swimming pool and a courtyard.
Velaa Private Residences also have personal spa and gym rooms and the properties can accommodate up to 10 guests which makes it an excellent option for large groups taking Maldives holidays.
The Maldives hotel's facilities include three gourmet restaurants with menus designed by Michelin starred chef Adeline Grattard and ingredients sourced from a private herb garden, plus two bars and a wine cellar.
In the Maldives, guests can enjoying rejuvenating treatments at the spa which has six treatment rooms over the azure lagoon and the Maldives' first ‘snow room' which is a cloud-shaped reclining pod that sways and rocks guests deeper into their relaxation. The spa also features the spa brand, My Blend By Clarins, with exclusive My Blend facial products and personalised facial and body treatments by Clarins.
A yoga pavilion is available where holidaymakers can enjoy sessions with a yoga master and personal training on the beach or on a raised tree meditation platform in the lush tropical gardens.
Leisure facilities at the luxury resort include tennis and squash courts, a football field, beach volleyball court, and the only Troon Short Game Golf Academy in the Maldives, which was designed by Masters Champion Jose Maria Olazabal.
The onsite dive centre gives guests the chance to enjoy diving excursions, PADI certification courses, or snorkelling adventures. Water enthusiasts visiting the Maldives can enjoy windsurfing, kayaking, sailing, wakeboarding, water-skiing and kite surfing and a unique adventure on the only two-passenger private submarine in the country.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream with the added royal treatment
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Take your pick from 7 exquisite restaurants and 6 lively bars
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Get away from the mundane and enjoy eight days of uninterrupted sun and sand on the shores of one of the most sought...