Caribbean's first Dreamliner flight arrives in Jamaica
Jamaica became the first country in the Caribbean to welcome the Boeing 787 Dreamliner earlier this month. The new aircraft brought 291 passengers to Jamaica on 7th November, 2013 after it departed London Gatwick Airport (LGW) and landed in at the Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay (MBJ).
The Caribbean welcomed the first flight from the Boeing 787 Dreamliner earlier this month after the aircraft landed at the Sangster International Airport (MBJ) in Montego Bay in Jamaica.
The new flight departed from London Gatwick Airport (LGW) on 7th November, 2013 and brought 291 passengers travelling to Jamaica. This is a great news as holidaymakers can take advantage of weekly flights to Jamaica onboard the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, just in time for the region's high season.
The new service has been made possible thanks to a partnership with Thomson Airways and its parent company TUI Travel.
"We are really pleased that our partners, Thomson Airways and others, have determined that Jamaica is the first country (in the region) that the Dreamliner would be flying to and we are pleased, as this means that they are confirming and emphasizing their confidence in Jamaica."
Stated Dr Wykeham McNeill, the Minister of Tourism and Entertainment.
Jamaica is located in the Caribbean Sea and it is one of the world's leading tourist destinations. With white sand beaches fringed with warm azure ocean waters, majestic mountains and lush undulating green hills and forests, travellers will be spoilt for choice throughout their tropical break.
The Caribbean island nation is renowned for its laid-back lifestyle, authentic gourmet cuisine, and being the homeland of the legendary reggae singer, Bob Marley. The country is a hotspot to enjoy relaxing holidays, family escapes, tropical weddings and romantic honeymoons. Tourists can choose from a collection of luxury hotels and resorts and upscale villas, plus self-catering accommodation and family-friendly resorts that will suit every budget.
In Jamaica, visitors can visit the array of natural wonders such as Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, lush botanical gardens, and the soaring Blue Mountains. Tourists can also enjoy visits to the famous Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and the vast historic sugar plantations.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- All Inclusive Resort with all meals and beverages included
- Family Friendly Hotel where up to 2 Kids can stay and play for free
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- July Special offers now in place with savings until 2019
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Summer 2018 Sale now extended, save £250 per person
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Discreet luxury at your beck and call under Jamaican sunshine with everything you love, with virtually no limits
Let the most romantic of retreats seduce you and a loved one into a sheer state atof bliss when you stay at Couples Sans Souci.
- Summer Savings with incredible discounts of up to 42% for travel up until 2019
- Includes unlimited premium alcoholic beverages, 24 hour casual to gourmet dining, complimentary airport transfers and more
- Exclusive offsite excursions come included in the package including Dunn's River Falls and Margaritaville
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...