Caribbean's first Dreamliner flight arrives in Jamaica
Jamaica became the first country in the Caribbean to welcome the Boeing 787 Dreamliner earlier this month. The new aircraft brought 291 passengers to Jamaica on 7th November, 2013 after it departed London Gatwick Airport (LGW) and landed in at the Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay (MBJ).
The Caribbean welcomed the first flight from the Boeing 787 Dreamliner earlier this month after the aircraft landed at the Sangster International Airport (MBJ) in Montego Bay in Jamaica.
The new flight departed from London Gatwick Airport (LGW) on 7th November, 2013 and brought 291 passengers travelling to Jamaica. This is a great news as holidaymakers can take advantage of weekly flights to Jamaica onboard the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, just in time for the region's high season.
The new service has been made possible thanks to a partnership with Thomson Airways and its parent company TUI Travel.
"We are really pleased that our partners, Thomson Airways and others, have determined that Jamaica is the first country (in the region) that the Dreamliner would be flying to and we are pleased, as this means that they are confirming and emphasizing their confidence in Jamaica."
Stated Dr Wykeham McNeill, the Minister of Tourism and Entertainment.
Jamaica is located in the Caribbean Sea and it is one of the world's leading tourist destinations. With white sand beaches fringed with warm azure ocean waters, majestic mountains and lush undulating green hills and forests, travellers will be spoilt for choice throughout their tropical break.
The Caribbean island nation is renowned for its laid-back lifestyle, authentic gourmet cuisine, and being the homeland of the legendary reggae singer, Bob Marley. The country is a hotspot to enjoy relaxing holidays, family escapes, tropical weddings and romantic honeymoons. Tourists can choose from a collection of luxury hotels and resorts and upscale villas, plus self-catering accommodation and family-friendly resorts that will suit every budget.
In Jamaica, visitors can visit the array of natural wonders such as Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, lush botanical gardens, and the soaring Blue Mountains. Tourists can also enjoy visits to the famous Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and the vast historic sugar plantations.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Discover Unlimited-Fun® with warm Jamaican hospitality in Montego Bay with a complimentary upgrade and resort coupons
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- Book and receive an upgrade to the next available room category plus $200 resort coupons per room
- Pirate's Paradise Waterpark on-site featuring a pirate ship and two waterslides
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Summer 2018 Sale now on, save £250 per person
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Holiday Inn Resort offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical gardens. The resort has a...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...