Caribbean's first Dreamliner flight arrives in Jamaica
Jamaica became the first country in the Caribbean to welcome the Boeing 787 Dreamliner earlier this month. The new aircraft brought 291 passengers to Jamaica on 7th November, 2013 after it departed London Gatwick Airport (LGW) and landed in at the Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay (MBJ).
The Caribbean welcomed the first flight from the Boeing 787 Dreamliner earlier this month after the aircraft landed at the Sangster International Airport (MBJ) in Montego Bay in Jamaica.
The new flight departed from London Gatwick Airport (LGW) on 7th November, 2013 and brought 291 passengers travelling to Jamaica. This is a great news as holidaymakers can take advantage of weekly flights to Jamaica onboard the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, just in time for the region's high season.
The new service has been made possible thanks to a partnership with Thomson Airways and its parent company TUI Travel.
"We are really pleased that our partners, Thomson Airways and others, have determined that Jamaica is the first country (in the region) that the Dreamliner would be flying to and we are pleased, as this means that they are confirming and emphasizing their confidence in Jamaica."
Stated Dr Wykeham McNeill, the Minister of Tourism and Entertainment.
Jamaica is located in the Caribbean Sea and it is one of the world's leading tourist destinations. With white sand beaches fringed with warm azure ocean waters, majestic mountains and lush undulating green hills and forests, travellers will be spoilt for choice throughout their tropical break.
The Caribbean island nation is renowned for its laid-back lifestyle, authentic gourmet cuisine, and being the homeland of the legendary reggae singer, Bob Marley. The country is a hotspot to enjoy relaxing holidays, family escapes, tropical weddings and romantic honeymoons. Tourists can choose from a collection of luxury hotels and resorts and upscale villas, plus self-catering accommodation and family-friendly resorts that will suit every budget.
In Jamaica, visitors can visit the array of natural wonders such as Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, lush botanical gardens, and the soaring Blue Mountains. Tourists can also enjoy visits to the famous Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and the vast historic sugar plantations.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- 2018 Early Booking Offer: Stay 7 Pay 6, Stay 14 Pay 11!
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...