Caribbean's first Dreamliner flight arrives in Jamaica
Jamaica became the first country in the Caribbean to welcome the Boeing 787 Dreamliner earlier this month. The new aircraft brought 291 passengers to Jamaica on 7th November, 2013 after it departed London Gatwick Airport (LGW) and landed in at the Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay (MBJ).
The Caribbean welcomed the first flight from the Boeing 787 Dreamliner earlier this month after the aircraft landed at the Sangster International Airport (MBJ) in Montego Bay in Jamaica.
The new flight departed from London Gatwick Airport (LGW) on 7th November, 2013 and brought 291 passengers travelling to Jamaica. This is a great news as holidaymakers can take advantage of weekly flights to Jamaica onboard the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, just in time for the region's high season.
The new service has been made possible thanks to a partnership with Thomson Airways and its parent company TUI Travel.
"We are really pleased that our partners, Thomson Airways and others, have determined that Jamaica is the first country (in the region) that the Dreamliner would be flying to and we are pleased, as this means that they are confirming and emphasizing their confidence in Jamaica."
Stated Dr Wykeham McNeill, the Minister of Tourism and Entertainment.
Jamaica is located in the Caribbean Sea and it is one of the world's leading tourist destinations. With white sand beaches fringed with warm azure ocean waters, majestic mountains and lush undulating green hills and forests, travellers will be spoilt for choice throughout their tropical break.
The Caribbean island nation is renowned for its laid-back lifestyle, authentic gourmet cuisine, and being the homeland of the legendary reggae singer, Bob Marley. The country is a hotspot to enjoy relaxing holidays, family escapes, tropical weddings and romantic honeymoons. Tourists can choose from a collection of luxury hotels and resorts and upscale villas, plus self-catering accommodation and family-friendly resorts that will suit every budget.
In Jamaica, visitors can visit the array of natural wonders such as Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, lush botanical gardens, and the soaring Blue Mountains. Tourists can also enjoy visits to the famous Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and the vast historic sugar plantations.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Metro Offer: Book and Save upto £100 per person!
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Summer just got better with upto two kids stay and play for FREE!
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Located within 15 minutes from Sangster's International Airport and 5 minutes from three world-class golf courses
- Enjoy Exclusive April Offers with incredible savings
- A variety of water sports or leave your daily stress behind and relax with the magical spa services
- Luxury accommodations combined with breathtaking ocean views
- A wide selection of restaurants with international gourmet buffet, where you can enjoy a variety of cuisine from breakfast pastries to classic Jamaican fare
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled upon a stunning beach The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to the entertainment and activities...
Located in New Kingston, the Knutsford Court Hotel offers a laidback atmosphere within a beautiful tropical setting....