Autograph Collection adds Hotel Punta Islita in Costa Rica to its portfolio
Marriott International's Autograph Collection has announced the launch of the brand new Hotel Punta Islita in Costa Rica. This is the 50th property in 13 countries worldwide in less than three years to be added to the portfolio, and the new hotel holds the highest certification rating in sustainable tourism from the Costa Rican Tourism Board.
The Autograph Collection, a portfolio of independent hotels under Marriott International, has launched a new property in Costa Rica making it the 50th property in three years to be added to the prestigious portfolio.
Hotel Punta Islita Costa Rica sits on 85 acres of land on the Nicoya Peninsula in the south-western part of the country's Guanacaste province.
Keeping with Marriott International's commitment to sustainability, the 57-room Costa Rica hotel holds the highest certification rating in sustainable tourism from Costa Rica's Tourism Board.
Hotel Punta Islita is the only hotel in Central America to be added to the Autograph Collection and it has recently been named as one of Travel and Leisure magazine's Top 100 Hotels in 2013.
Arne Sorenson, the President and Chief Executive Officer of Marriott International, commented:
"To reach 50 hotels in less than three years is a testament to the vibrancy and success of Autograph Collection as an innovative business venture. Through championing independence and welcoming extraordinary hotel experiences like Hotel Punta Islita, Autograph remains one of the fastest growing independent hotel collections in the industry."
In Costa Rica travellers can enjoy high end facilities including, two swimming pools, a lavish spa, a private beach front with beach club, two gourmet restaurants, small group meeting space, and a nine-hole executive golf course. The Costa Rica hotel's private landing strip enables small commuter aircraft to bring guests from commercial flights that operate all-year-round from San Jose International Airport.
The hotel is owned and operated by Grupo Islita and specialises in sustainable tourism programmes. Tourists visiting Costa Rica can get involved in a variety of activities such as reforestation, animal protection, water conservation, and local arts and education programmes.
Costa Rica is a country bordered by the Caribbean Sea to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west and it is famous for its collection of breathtaking natural landscapes. The nation boasts more than 1,000 miles of beautiful coastline, lush tropical rainforests, dense dry forests, active volcanoes, soaring mountains, white and black sand beaches, and several nature reserves that are teeming with wildlife and vibrant flora and fauna.
The country is a hotspot for eco-friendly holidays and Costa Rica has regularly been ranked as the happiest place in the world in the New Economics Foundation's Happy Planet Index.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Learn more about Costa Rica with unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco -tourist dream destination
- This unique experience of canopy walkways allows you to experience the virgin cloud forest treetops. Through a bridge system you can marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing.
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...