Blue Diamond Resorts announces it will manage Royal Hicacos in Varadero, Cuba
Blue Diamonds Hotels and Resorts has announced that it will be operating the Hotel Royal Hicacos in Cuba. The former Sandals property is located by the beach in the popular coastal resort town of Varadero in the province of Matanzas on the Hicacos Peninsula and the region boasts more than 20 km of white sandy beaches.
Blue Diamonds Hotels and Resorts will be adding another Cuba hotel to its portfolio after announcing that it will be managing the Hotel Royal Hicacos. The luxury hotel is located in the popular coastal resort town of Varadero and it was formerly run by Sandals Hotels and Resorts.
Sandals Royal Hicacos was operated as an all-suite, adults-only hotel and Blue Diamond Hotel and Resorts has stated that it "will honour all previous commitments subscribed by the hotel" and it will later announce which of its brands the Cuba hotel will operate under.
Located just 30 minutes from Varadero's International Airport (VRA), the luxury all inclusive beach resort currently has 404 suites and an array of facilities including three freshwater swimming pools including the main pool with a swim-up bar, three tennis courts, a mini basketball court, pool tables, squash courts, table tennis and a games room, plus gourmet restaurants and elegant bars.
Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts runs several all inclusive resorts across the Caribbean and Latin America under "Memories Beach Resorts" and "Royalton Luxury Resorts" brands. The hotel group also operates the Memories Varadero Beach Resort.
Varadero is located in the province of Matanzas on the Hicacos Peninsula on the north coast of the Caribbean island. The region is one of the most popular holiday destinations in Cuba with more than 20km of pristine white sand beaches and a collection of luxury beachfront all inclusive resorts.
The area is home to many beautiful natural landscapes include the Bellamar Caves and idyllic virgin cays and during in Varadero, travellers can enjoy scuba diving and snorkelling in the turquoise crystal-clear ocean waters; sailing and deep sea fishing; game of golf against the backdrop of the sparkling ocean; and excursions where they can explore Cardenas City, nature reserves, museums, and the Delfinario, a natural pool for dolphins.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Stay in two top ranked hotels on a twin centre holiday that blends luxury and historically perfectly to create a holiday of a lifetime
- Take advantage of an amazing room upgrade from a Standard Room to a Sea View Room at NH Capri
- Stay in two of the top ranked hotels in Cuba, perfectly paired to offer you a holiday like no other
- Royalton Hicacos is a luxurious resort located one of the finest beaches in Varadero where there is a little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa and activity program
- NH Capri is located in the heart of cultural Havana and is embroiled in history being one of the most popular hotels with the gangsters of the 1950’s
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...