Blue Diamond Resorts announces it will manage Royal Hicacos in Varadero, Cuba
Blue Diamonds Hotels and Resorts has announced that it will be operating the Hotel Royal Hicacos in Cuba. The former Sandals property is located by the beach in the popular coastal resort town of Varadero in the province of Matanzas on the Hicacos Peninsula and the region boasts more than 20 km of white sandy beaches.
Blue Diamonds Hotels and Resorts will be adding another Cuba hotel to its portfolio after announcing that it will be managing the Hotel Royal Hicacos. The luxury hotel is located in the popular coastal resort town of Varadero and it was formerly run by Sandals Hotels and Resorts.
Sandals Royal Hicacos was operated as an all-suite, adults-only hotel and Blue Diamond Hotel and Resorts has stated that it "will honour all previous commitments subscribed by the hotel" and it will later announce which of its brands the Cuba hotel will operate under.
Located just 30 minutes from Varadero's International Airport (VRA), the luxury all inclusive beach resort currently has 404 suites and an array of facilities including three freshwater swimming pools including the main pool with a swim-up bar, three tennis courts, a mini basketball court, pool tables, squash courts, table tennis and a games room, plus gourmet restaurants and elegant bars.
Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts runs several all inclusive resorts across the Caribbean and Latin America under "Memories Beach Resorts" and "Royalton Luxury Resorts" brands. The hotel group also operates the Memories Varadero Beach Resort.
Varadero is located in the province of Matanzas on the Hicacos Peninsula on the north coast of the Caribbean island. The region is one of the most popular holiday destinations in Cuba with more than 20km of pristine white sand beaches and a collection of luxury beachfront all inclusive resorts.
The area is home to many beautiful natural landscapes include the Bellamar Caves and idyllic virgin cays and during in Varadero, travellers can enjoy scuba diving and snorkelling in the turquoise crystal-clear ocean waters; sailing and deep sea fishing; game of golf against the backdrop of the sparkling ocean; and excursions where they can explore Cardenas City, nature reserves, museums, and the Delfinario, a natural pool for dolphins.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Stay in a Sea View Room in Havana for all three nights, for an extra £20 per person
- Fly premium-economy class from an extra £199 per person, each way
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...