Blue Diamond Resorts announces it will manage Royal Hicacos in Varadero, Cuba
Blue Diamonds Hotels and Resorts has announced that it will be operating the Hotel Royal Hicacos in Cuba. The former Sandals property is located by the beach in the popular coastal resort town of Varadero in the province of Matanzas on the Hicacos Peninsula and the region boasts more than 20 km of white sandy beaches.
Blue Diamonds Hotels and Resorts will be adding another Cuba hotel to its portfolio after announcing that it will be managing the Hotel Royal Hicacos. The luxury hotel is located in the popular coastal resort town of Varadero and it was formerly run by Sandals Hotels and Resorts.
Sandals Royal Hicacos was operated as an all-suite, adults-only hotel and Blue Diamond Hotel and Resorts has stated that it "will honour all previous commitments subscribed by the hotel" and it will later announce which of its brands the Cuba hotel will operate under.
Located just 30 minutes from Varadero's International Airport (VRA), the luxury all inclusive beach resort currently has 404 suites and an array of facilities including three freshwater swimming pools including the main pool with a swim-up bar, three tennis courts, a mini basketball court, pool tables, squash courts, table tennis and a games room, plus gourmet restaurants and elegant bars.
Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts runs several all inclusive resorts across the Caribbean and Latin America under "Memories Beach Resorts" and "Royalton Luxury Resorts" brands. The hotel group also operates the Memories Varadero Beach Resort.
Varadero is located in the province of Matanzas on the Hicacos Peninsula on the north coast of the Caribbean island. The region is one of the most popular holiday destinations in Cuba with more than 20km of pristine white sand beaches and a collection of luxury beachfront all inclusive resorts.
The area is home to many beautiful natural landscapes include the Bellamar Caves and idyllic virgin cays and during in Varadero, travellers can enjoy scuba diving and snorkelling in the turquoise crystal-clear ocean waters; sailing and deep sea fishing; game of golf against the backdrop of the sparkling ocean; and excursions where they can explore Cardenas City, nature reserves, museums, and the Delfinario, a natural pool for dolphins.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...