Blue Diamond Resorts announces it will manage Royal Hicacos in Varadero, Cuba
Blue Diamonds Hotels and Resorts has announced that it will be operating the Hotel Royal Hicacos in Cuba. The former Sandals property is located by the beach in the popular coastal resort town of Varadero in the province of Matanzas on the Hicacos Peninsula and the region boasts more than 20 km of white sandy beaches.
Blue Diamonds Hotels and Resorts will be adding another Cuba hotel to its portfolio after announcing that it will be managing the Hotel Royal Hicacos. The luxury hotel is located in the popular coastal resort town of Varadero and it was formerly run by Sandals Hotels and Resorts.
Sandals Royal Hicacos was operated as an all-suite, adults-only hotel and Blue Diamond Hotel and Resorts has stated that it "will honour all previous commitments subscribed by the hotel" and it will later announce which of its brands the Cuba hotel will operate under.
Located just 30 minutes from Varadero's International Airport (VRA), the luxury all inclusive beach resort currently has 404 suites and an array of facilities including three freshwater swimming pools including the main pool with a swim-up bar, three tennis courts, a mini basketball court, pool tables, squash courts, table tennis and a games room, plus gourmet restaurants and elegant bars.
Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts runs several all inclusive resorts across the Caribbean and Latin America under "Memories Beach Resorts" and "Royalton Luxury Resorts" brands. The hotel group also operates the Memories Varadero Beach Resort.
Varadero is located in the province of Matanzas on the Hicacos Peninsula on the north coast of the Caribbean island. The region is one of the most popular holiday destinations in Cuba with more than 20km of pristine white sand beaches and a collection of luxury beachfront all inclusive resorts.
The area is home to many beautiful natural landscapes include the Bellamar Caves and idyllic virgin cays and during in Varadero, travellers can enjoy scuba diving and snorkelling in the turquoise crystal-clear ocean waters; sailing and deep sea fishing; game of golf against the backdrop of the sparkling ocean; and excursions where they can explore Cardenas City, nature reserves, museums, and the Delfinario, a natural pool for dolphins.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Exclusive Free upgrade to the Bungalow Suite
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor, that ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...