Blue Diamond Resorts announces it will manage Royal Hicacos in Varadero, Cuba
Blue Diamonds Hotels and Resorts has announced that it will be operating the Hotel Royal Hicacos in Cuba. The former Sandals property is located by the beach in the popular coastal resort town of Varadero in the province of Matanzas on the Hicacos Peninsula and the region boasts more than 20 km of white sandy beaches.
Blue Diamonds Hotels and Resorts will be adding another Cuba hotel to its portfolio after announcing that it will be managing the Hotel Royal Hicacos. The luxury hotel is located in the popular coastal resort town of Varadero and it was formerly run by Sandals Hotels and Resorts.
Sandals Royal Hicacos was operated as an all-suite, adults-only hotel and Blue Diamond Hotel and Resorts has stated that it "will honour all previous commitments subscribed by the hotel" and it will later announce which of its brands the Cuba hotel will operate under.
Located just 30 minutes from Varadero's International Airport (VRA), the luxury all inclusive beach resort currently has 404 suites and an array of facilities including three freshwater swimming pools including the main pool with a swim-up bar, three tennis courts, a mini basketball court, pool tables, squash courts, table tennis and a games room, plus gourmet restaurants and elegant bars.
Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts runs several all inclusive resorts across the Caribbean and Latin America under "Memories Beach Resorts" and "Royalton Luxury Resorts" brands. The hotel group also operates the Memories Varadero Beach Resort.
Varadero is located in the province of Matanzas on the Hicacos Peninsula on the north coast of the Caribbean island. The region is one of the most popular holiday destinations in Cuba with more than 20km of pristine white sand beaches and a collection of luxury beachfront all inclusive resorts.
The area is home to many beautiful natural landscapes include the Bellamar Caves and idyllic virgin cays and during in Varadero, travellers can enjoy scuba diving and snorkelling in the turquoise crystal-clear ocean waters; sailing and deep sea fishing; game of golf against the backdrop of the sparkling ocean; and excursions where they can explore Cardenas City, nature reserves, museums, and the Delfinario, a natural pool for dolphins.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...