Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority launches large promotion and activities for F1 Grand Prix
The Formula One Grand Prix is underway in Abu Dhabi and the Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority has launched its largest and most active promotion yet. Tourists taking Abu Dhabi holidays can enjoy a wide range of activities in the Oasis Fan Village, including games of golf and rides in an F1 simulator, plus several competitions.
Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority is offering visitors to the F1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix a wide selection of activities, competitions, and interactive experiences as part of its largest F1 Visitor promotion yet.
The F1 event is currently underway in the capital of the United Arab Emirates and tourists taking Abu Dhabi holidays this weekend can enjoy a variety of activities in the Oasis Fan Village, such as games of golf, F1 simulator experiences, and laser shooting games.
The renowned event runs from 31st October until 3rd November, 2013 and the authority has teamed up with several stakeholders to provide an entertaining experience for visitors in the village.
"Over the years the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix has proved to be a highly successful engagement platform for visitor interaction last year achieving over 30,000 guests over the three race days.
"We have gone all out this year to ensure visitors are made fully aware of the many facets of the destination and the enticing line-up of major events coming our way next year."
Explained HE Jasem Al Darmaki, the Deputy Director General of Tourism and Culture Authority Abu Dhabi (TCA).
When tourists arrive at the TCA in the village, they can practice their golf skills at the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship putting green, meet characters from Ferrari World Abu Dhabi and Yas Waterworld, and test their skills in simulators and laser shooting games. Guests will be serenaded by an oud player in the Arabian Nights Village where they can enjoy local coffee and henna painting on hands.
In Abu Dhabi, tourists will have the chance to hop aboard the Abu Dhabi Ocean Racing yacht and take a tour with the Volvo Ocean Racing team's skipper and double-Olympic-medal-winner Ian Walker, and local sailing hero Adil Khalid.
There are plenty of competitions to enter where holidaymakers will have the chance to win prizes including tickets to F1 events, desert safaris, and overnight stays in luxury Abu Dhabi hotels.
The F1 Etihad Airways Grand Prix Abu Dhabi takes place at the Yas Marina Track on the manmade Yas Island which is located approximately 30 minutes from the centre of Abu Dhabi. The track is almost 3.5 miles long with 21 bends, and it runs past the marina, through one of the most unique Abu Dhabi hotels - the Yas Marina Hotel - and along sand dunes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Surround yourself with unspoiled beauty at the luxurious Saadiyat Rotana Resort & Villas
- Authentic flavours from around the world with seven modern, stylish and creative dining venues
- All rooms and suites boast elegant interiors, luxury facilities and reflect the warmth of a beachfront home
- Beachside retreat surrounded by natural beauty, architectural splendour, and cultural experiences
For the ultimate golf experience in Abu Dhabi, stay at a luxurious hotel with all the trimmings that sits right next to a championship golf course
- Upgrade and experience Ferrari World - The largest indoor and first theme park on Yas Island
- Taka advantage of the golf at the 18-Hole championship Yas Links Golf Course
- A few minutes' walk from the exciting Yas Waterworld & Yas Island Beach
Start off at Al Raha Beach with plenty of shopping options nearby followed by a stay at Tilal Liwa Desert Resort
- Al Raha overlooks a pristine ribbon of private beach, and you'll be within easy access to the Formula 1 theme park and downtown Abu Dhabi
- Enjoy a wide range of unique experiences such as camel riding, desert safari, BBQ, wellness therapy and many more
- Relax in the pool overlooking the Liwa dunes and the vast desert beyond as far as your eye can see
Discover two destination in one unforgettable holiday
- The award winning Hilton Abu Dhabi is conveniently located in the heart of the city, 30 minutes from the airport and close to the marina shopping mall
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit
- Experience stunning views over the pure white sands and crystal clear ocean with your nearest and dearest
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Al Raha Beach Hotel offers magnificent views of the Arabian Gulf, just a short drive from the city and Abu Dhabi...
Stay in Downtown Abu Dhabi and be pampered by Arabian hospitality. The Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi offers excellent service...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...