New hotel opens in eastern city of Baracoa, Cuba
Perfectly located in Baracoa's historic city centre, the new Rio Miel hostal will be opening its doors next month on 5th November 2013. Positioned in a great location, close to all of Baracoa's main attractions, this new hotel is housed on a former colonial mansion, offering unique and authentic accommodation with plenty of character.
A new hostel is soon to open its doors to holidaymakers visiting Cuba's eco-tourist paradise of Baracoa.
The new Rio Miel hostel will start welcoming tourists on 5th November 2013, opening its doors to nature lovers who visit this off-the-beaten-path region in eastern Cuba.
Set in an enviable location, not too far from the river which the hostel is named after and the area is famous for, the new hostal overlooks Baracoa's panoramic seawall while being located in a strategic position, right at the historic city centre known as Centro Historico.
With a facade that evokes the colourful colonial style of the historic centre, the Rio de Miel hostal is also less than 20 minutes away from the historic La Rusa hotel, built on the former home of the famous Russian woman of Baracoa. You can learn all about her legend during your stay there.
Spread over three floors and offering a total of just 12 rooms, this former mansion accommodates guests while offering a 3 stars service and facilities.
Among the main facilities, the hostal features a Lobby Bar offering daily snacks, light meals and beverages as well as a daily breakfast service that will be included in the room rate. Wi-Fi internet access will also be available for an additional fee.
Room amenities include air conditioning, satellite TV, telephone, private bathroom, and safe. All rooms also feature a balcony and although there is no swimming pool onsite, guests staying at Rio Miel can make use of the nearby swimming pools at hotels Castillo or Porto Santo.
Starting 5th November, all travellers heading to Rio Miel and staying there during their holidays in Baracoa, will be welcomed with a cocktail upon arrival. Ideal for those seeking authentic accommodation with plenty of charm and heritage, the new Rio Miel is oozing with character and personality with a great location right in the city centre.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Exclusive Free upgrade to the Bungalow Suite
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor, that ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...