New hotel opens in eastern city of Baracoa, Cuba
Perfectly located in Baracoa's historic city centre, the new Rio Miel hostal will be opening its doors next month on 5th November 2013. Positioned in a great location, close to all of Baracoa's main attractions, this new hotel is housed on a former colonial mansion, offering unique and authentic accommodation with plenty of character.
A new hostel is soon to open its doors to holidaymakers visiting Cuba's eco-tourist paradise of Baracoa.
The new Rio Miel hostel will start welcoming tourists on 5th November 2013, opening its doors to nature lovers who visit this off-the-beaten-path region in eastern Cuba.
Set in an enviable location, not too far from the river which the hostel is named after and the area is famous for, the new hostal overlooks Baracoa's panoramic seawall while being located in a strategic position, right at the historic city centre known as Centro Historico.
With a facade that evokes the colourful colonial style of the historic centre, the Rio de Miel hostal is also less than 20 minutes away from the historic La Rusa hotel, built on the former home of the famous Russian woman of Baracoa. You can learn all about her legend during your stay there.
Spread over three floors and offering a total of just 12 rooms, this former mansion accommodates guests while offering a 3 stars service and facilities.
Among the main facilities, the hostal features a Lobby Bar offering daily snacks, light meals and beverages as well as a daily breakfast service that will be included in the room rate. Wi-Fi internet access will also be available for an additional fee.
Room amenities include air conditioning, satellite TV, telephone, private bathroom, and safe. All rooms also feature a balcony and although there is no swimming pool onsite, guests staying at Rio Miel can make use of the nearby swimming pools at hotels Castillo or Porto Santo.
Starting 5th November, all travellers heading to Rio Miel and staying there during their holidays in Baracoa, will be welcomed with a cocktail upon arrival. Ideal for those seeking authentic accommodation with plenty of charm and heritage, the new Rio Miel is oozing with character and personality with a great location right in the city centre.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Nov
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...