New hotel opens in eastern city of Baracoa, Cuba
Perfectly located in Baracoa's historic city centre, the new Rio Miel hostal will be opening its doors next month on 5th November 2013. Positioned in a great location, close to all of Baracoa's main attractions, this new hotel is housed on a former colonial mansion, offering unique and authentic accommodation with plenty of character.
A new hostel is soon to open its doors to holidaymakers visiting Cuba's eco-tourist paradise of Baracoa.
The new Rio Miel hostel will start welcoming tourists on 5th November 2013, opening its doors to nature lovers who visit this off-the-beaten-path region in eastern Cuba.
Set in an enviable location, not too far from the river which the hostel is named after and the area is famous for, the new hostal overlooks Baracoa's panoramic seawall while being located in a strategic position, right at the historic city centre known as Centro Historico.
With a facade that evokes the colourful colonial style of the historic centre, the Rio de Miel hostal is also less than 20 minutes away from the historic La Rusa hotel, built on the former home of the famous Russian woman of Baracoa. You can learn all about her legend during your stay there.
Spread over three floors and offering a total of just 12 rooms, this former mansion accommodates guests while offering a 3 stars service and facilities.
Among the main facilities, the hostal features a Lobby Bar offering daily snacks, light meals and beverages as well as a daily breakfast service that will be included in the room rate. Wi-Fi internet access will also be available for an additional fee.
Room amenities include air conditioning, satellite TV, telephone, private bathroom, and safe. All rooms also feature a balcony and although there is no swimming pool onsite, guests staying at Rio Miel can make use of the nearby swimming pools at hotels Castillo or Porto Santo.
Starting 5th November, all travellers heading to Rio Miel and staying there during their holidays in Baracoa, will be welcomed with a cocktail upon arrival. Ideal for those seeking authentic accommodation with plenty of charm and heritage, the new Rio Miel is oozing with character and personality with a great location right in the city centre.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...