New hotel opens in eastern city of Baracoa, Cuba
Perfectly located in Baracoa's historic city centre, the new Rio Miel hostal will be opening its doors next month on 5th November 2013. Positioned in a great location, close to all of Baracoa's main attractions, this new hotel is housed on a former colonial mansion, offering unique and authentic accommodation with plenty of character.
A new hostel is soon to open its doors to holidaymakers visiting Cuba's eco-tourist paradise of Baracoa.
The new Rio Miel hostel will start welcoming tourists on 5th November 2013, opening its doors to nature lovers who visit this off-the-beaten-path region in eastern Cuba.
Set in an enviable location, not too far from the river which the hostel is named after and the area is famous for, the new hostal overlooks Baracoa's panoramic seawall while being located in a strategic position, right at the historic city centre known as Centro Historico.
With a facade that evokes the colourful colonial style of the historic centre, the Rio de Miel hostal is also less than 20 minutes away from the historic La Rusa hotel, built on the former home of the famous Russian woman of Baracoa. You can learn all about her legend during your stay there.
Spread over three floors and offering a total of just 12 rooms, this former mansion accommodates guests while offering a 3 stars service and facilities.
Among the main facilities, the hostal features a Lobby Bar offering daily snacks, light meals and beverages as well as a daily breakfast service that will be included in the room rate. Wi-Fi internet access will also be available for an additional fee.
Room amenities include air conditioning, satellite TV, telephone, private bathroom, and safe. All rooms also feature a balcony and although there is no swimming pool onsite, guests staying at Rio Miel can make use of the nearby swimming pools at hotels Castillo or Porto Santo.
Starting 5th November, all travellers heading to Rio Miel and staying there during their holidays in Baracoa, will be welcomed with a cocktail upon arrival. Ideal for those seeking authentic accommodation with plenty of charm and heritage, the new Rio Miel is oozing with character and personality with a great location right in the city centre.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...