ABC Charters to offer flights between Tampa and Santa Clara, Cuba
ABC Charters has announced that it will be providing new charter flights between Tampa and Santa Clara, Cuba this winter. The service will launch on 14th December, 2013 and the city will be the charter company's third destination on the Caribbean island as it offers existing flights from Florida to Havana and Holguin.
ABC Charters will be offering a new flight route between Tampa in Florida and Santa Clara in Cuba this winter. The new flights between Tampa and Santa Clara will be launched on 14th December, 2013 and will give travellers another option to reach the Caribbean island during the busy Christmas and New Year period.
The charter company currently operates charter flights to Cuba between Tampa and the Cuban cities of Havana and Holguin, and on 5th November, 2013 the operator will add a second weekly service to Havana.
In January, 2011, U.S President Obama relaxed restrictions for American citizens who are planning to visit Cuba for the purpose of educational, cultural, academic, religious or professional reasons.
Florida's Tampa International Airport (TPA) is just one of the airports in the Unites States that has been granted permission to operate Cuba flights from the U.S. The airport now joins Miami as one of the only cities in America to offer direct flights to all three Cuban cities.
The Caribbean island has been experiencing an influx of American visitors eagers to discover Cuba over recent months. New hotels and tourism offerings are under development to accommodate the new visitors.
While Havana, the country's capital, and the beach resort of Varadero Beach remain among the most popular holidays destinations in Cuba, emerging towns and cities such as Santa Clara and Holguin are attracting new visitors with the help of additional flights.
The Jardines del Rey archipelago is one of Cuba's most popular tourist destinations and it home to turquoise, crystal clear waters and an impressive barrier reef system that is perfect for snorkelling and scuba diving.
Santa Clara is the capital of the central Villa Clara province and it was the site of a battle for rebel forces during the Cuban revolution in 1958. The rebels were led by Che Guevara, who was buried in Santa Clara when he died in 1967. There is a Che Guevara museum in the city and the Plaza de la Revolucion that has a towering statue of Guevara.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...