ABC Charters to offer flights between Tampa and Santa Clara, Cuba
ABC Charters has announced that it will be providing new charter flights between Tampa and Santa Clara, Cuba this winter. The service will launch on 14th December, 2013 and the city will be the charter company's third destination on the Caribbean island as it offers existing flights from Florida to Havana and Holguin.
ABC Charters will be offering a new flight route between Tampa in Florida and Santa Clara in Cuba this winter. The new flights between Tampa and Santa Clara will be launched on 14th December, 2013 and will give travellers another option to reach the Caribbean island during the busy Christmas and New Year period.
The charter company currently operates charter flights to Cuba between Tampa and the Cuban cities of Havana and Holguin, and on 5th November, 2013 the operator will add a second weekly service to Havana.
In January, 2011, U.S President Obama relaxed restrictions for American citizens who are planning to visit Cuba for the purpose of educational, cultural, academic, religious or professional reasons.
Florida's Tampa International Airport (TPA) is just one of the airports in the Unites States that has been granted permission to operate Cuba flights from the U.S. The airport now joins Miami as one of the only cities in America to offer direct flights to all three Cuban cities.
The Caribbean island has been experiencing an influx of American visitors eagers to discover Cuba over recent months. New hotels and tourism offerings are under development to accommodate the new visitors.
While Havana, the country's capital, and the beach resort of Varadero Beach remain among the most popular holidays destinations in Cuba, emerging towns and cities such as Santa Clara and Holguin are attracting new visitors with the help of additional flights.
The Jardines del Rey archipelago is one of Cuba's most popular tourist destinations and it home to turquoise, crystal clear waters and an impressive barrier reef system that is perfect for snorkelling and scuba diving.
Santa Clara is the capital of the central Villa Clara province and it was the site of a battle for rebel forces during the Cuban revolution in 1958. The rebels were led by Che Guevara, who was buried in Santa Clara when he died in 1967. There is a Che Guevara museum in the city and the Plaza de la Revolucion that has a towering statue of Guevara.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...