ABC Charters to offer flights between Tampa and Santa Clara, Cuba
ABC Charters has announced that it will be providing new charter flights between Tampa and Santa Clara, Cuba this winter. The service will launch on 14th December, 2013 and the city will be the charter company's third destination on the Caribbean island as it offers existing flights from Florida to Havana and Holguin.
ABC Charters will be offering a new flight route between Tampa in Florida and Santa Clara in Cuba this winter. The new flights between Tampa and Santa Clara will be launched on 14th December, 2013 and will give travellers another option to reach the Caribbean island during the busy Christmas and New Year period.
The charter company currently operates charter flights to Cuba between Tampa and the Cuban cities of Havana and Holguin, and on 5th November, 2013 the operator will add a second weekly service to Havana.
In January, 2011, U.S President Obama relaxed restrictions for American citizens who are planning to visit Cuba for the purpose of educational, cultural, academic, religious or professional reasons.
Florida's Tampa International Airport (TPA) is just one of the airports in the Unites States that has been granted permission to operate Cuba flights from the U.S. The airport now joins Miami as one of the only cities in America to offer direct flights to all three Cuban cities.
The Caribbean island has been experiencing an influx of American visitors eagers to discover Cuba over recent months. New hotels and tourism offerings are under development to accommodate the new visitors.
While Havana, the country's capital, and the beach resort of Varadero Beach remain among the most popular holidays destinations in Cuba, emerging towns and cities such as Santa Clara and Holguin are attracting new visitors with the help of additional flights.
The Jardines del Rey archipelago is one of Cuba's most popular tourist destinations and it home to turquoise, crystal clear waters and an impressive barrier reef system that is perfect for snorkelling and scuba diving.
Santa Clara is the capital of the central Villa Clara province and it was the site of a battle for rebel forces during the Cuban revolution in 1958. The rebels were led by Che Guevara, who was buried in Santa Clara when he died in 1967. There is a Che Guevara museum in the city and the Plaza de la Revolucion that has a towering statue of Guevara.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...