ABC Charters to offer flights between Tampa and Santa Clara, Cuba
ABC Charters has announced that it will be providing new charter flights between Tampa and Santa Clara, Cuba this winter. The service will launch on 14th December, 2013 and the city will be the charter company's third destination on the Caribbean island as it offers existing flights from Florida to Havana and Holguin.
ABC Charters will be offering a new flight route between Tampa in Florida and Santa Clara in Cuba this winter. The new flights between Tampa and Santa Clara will be launched on 14th December, 2013 and will give travellers another option to reach the Caribbean island during the busy Christmas and New Year period.
The charter company currently operates charter flights to Cuba between Tampa and the Cuban cities of Havana and Holguin, and on 5th November, 2013 the operator will add a second weekly service to Havana.
In January, 2011, U.S President Obama relaxed restrictions for American citizens who are planning to visit Cuba for the purpose of educational, cultural, academic, religious or professional reasons.
Florida's Tampa International Airport (TPA) is just one of the airports in the Unites States that has been granted permission to operate Cuba flights from the U.S. The airport now joins Miami as one of the only cities in America to offer direct flights to all three Cuban cities.
The Caribbean island has been experiencing an influx of American visitors eagers to discover Cuba over recent months. New hotels and tourism offerings are under development to accommodate the new visitors.
While Havana, the country's capital, and the beach resort of Varadero Beach remain among the most popular holidays destinations in Cuba, emerging towns and cities such as Santa Clara and Holguin are attracting new visitors with the help of additional flights.
The Jardines del Rey archipelago is one of Cuba's most popular tourist destinations and it home to turquoise, crystal clear waters and an impressive barrier reef system that is perfect for snorkelling and scuba diving.
Santa Clara is the capital of the central Villa Clara province and it was the site of a battle for rebel forces during the Cuban revolution in 1958. The rebels were led by Che Guevara, who was buried in Santa Clara when he died in 1967. There is a Che Guevara museum in the city and the Plaza de la Revolucion that has a towering statue of Guevara.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...